SDCC - property path update

Hi all

Some people seem to be parking in -3 from this week. I don't know if these people are from Broadfield hall or not, but -3 does seem to be open. I found my car park space and it is in -3, based on the number thats on my card. The number that was on the contract was seven hundred and something and sure, the numbers don't go up that far and Declan in PP told me mine space was on -3.

Just to let you know.

Hi Yyie, I agree the parking is confusing. I was also told the spaces were on -2 by PP but that they hadnt been numbered yet. My number is seven hundred and something as well according to the contracts, but my card says 028 so I just dont know. PP also told me we'd have a barrier of our own to go through to make sure general public didnt take our spots but theres no sign of that either. Its ok at the moment but we will need to get it sorted.

Hi There,

Me again...
Please can you let me know the cost for the connection of ESB?
I have already an account, so do I pay deposit again?
I will be going for electricity only, no gas.
And then the sore point of the TV....
Am I correct in thinking if is €50 for the package of unlimited broadband + TV channels?
How much is it to connect?

Thanks as always guys, slowly but surely I am getting there!!

MarleneM

Just wondering does anyone know more about the Owner Occupier Relief? a few people here have mentioned that it works out about 1500.00 a year......do you mean you'll get that paid off your mortgage? Or do you mean because of the tax credits you get 1500.00 more into your hand in your wages?

Hey Alacazar
1,500 / (12 or 52) = tax credits you get on a monthly/weekly basis into your hand so you walk out with these extra in your hand/pay pack each month/week.

Moved in offically over the weekend. Looking forward to seeing ya all.

Yowben

Hi Yyie, I agree the parking is confusing. I was also told the spaces were on -2 by PP but that they hadnt been numbered yet. My number is seven hundred and something as well according to the contracts, but my card says 028 so I just dont know. PP also told me we'd have a barrier of our own to go through to make sure general public didnt take our spots but theres no sign of that either. Its ok at the moment but we will need to get it sorted.

Hi Susi q. Thanks for info. Yes. We do need to get it sorted. Its very confusing.

Hi All
just to let you know apartment below me was broken into last thursday
so if anyone who has just moved in ye should get a good locke fitted because the one we have on doors are really crap. i think we should try to meet up in court yard and see if we can get something in place to try and stop people getting into building sure lets know what ye all think

hi Andy, thats terrible. I'd have no problem meeting up anytime in courtyard with everyone. Something needs to be done as 2 homes broken into in less than 1 month is crazy. Maybe all codes and locks to the outside doors need to be changed as an extra measure.

Dee

I dont believe it! its the one below occupied? its mad tho coz i dont see nor hear a sinner around the place and all this is happening under my nose. Deffo have to get on to Mgt co to change all the codes. I believe its the same code to all the doors from the carpark too, so thats not helpful to each block now is it!

Is there not cctv set up in the elevators and on the front doors? If not then there should be.

Nah there is no CCTV, and if we wanted it it would cost us a hell of a lot more in Mgt co fees. I think all keypads should be disabled and only have key access, if you dont have a key you dont get in. Also if everyone is mindful of when they are leaving /entering that all doors are locked behind them and grant no one else access

Hi All

Ruthie I agree with you about the keypads but only if the same key will open my building door and the door to block three for the carpark. Its stupid that thoses doors have different locks - I was told on buying that access to the carpark is through block three and there would be no problem using it. I dont understand why they did it that way.

Also just to be aware the carpark door doesnt seem to close properly itself - I noticed last night that I needed to push it closed behind me and then this morning it was open when I went down. Its not clicking into the lock properly - so maybe make sure to close it behind us when we use it.

Hey everyone, Very sad about what happened to that apartment. So odd too since the whole community in the complex is so friendly and helpful.

I guess its likely that someone got a hold of keys/codes when the building was going on. (or even a non buying previous AH applicant that knows the code).

Think it would be a great idea to either change all keypad codes/ or disable them for a few months and only allow key access. After things have settled and a Mco has been set up properly, then we can have them reactivated with diff codes.

After reading this, I realized I don't have contents/building insurance. Is the 10 year block guarantee homebound my solicitor needed the building insurance policy? Does this cover us against fire/flood, or is it just structural defects in the build.
ie: Do i have to take my own policy out?
I'm looking around for contents insurance(ha little to insure beside my sofa!).

I guess if anyone sees anyone taking stuff FROM apartment blocks such as DVD players/etc, then it might be a good idea to go talk to them and take a description.
Another good reason to get to know your neighbors, will make it easier to spot people who are not from it.

regards the car park door. It cant be opened from the outside, but it can from the inside. I was getting the feeling that by opening the inner door, an electric signal is sent to the outer door to unlock it?

I noticed that too deedav with the car park door, i was thinking i might make up notices for people to ensure that all doors close behind them and put them at each exit/entrance.

thethinker, yes it can be open by key or code from the carpark if you need the code let me know and ill PM you.

Hey Alacazar
1,500 / (12 or 52) = tax credits you get on a monthly/weekly basis into your hand so you walk out with these extra in your hand/pay pack each month/week.

Moved in offically over the weekend. Looking forward to seeing ya all.

Yowben

Cheers, thanks a mil for this, really helpful......Ta!

Hi All
the door on -2 can be pushed open its not locking at all any one can open it done it today, if one of you can ring the builder or give me the no. we should set a date to meet in court yard and get community guard up at the same time for some advice. turn key codes off full stop.
thinker you can get contents insurance for about 100 euros.
also guys that are comeing in to fit out apartments are leaveing main doors open so anyone can get in off street

Hi again - did anyone have any problems with Captain America's last night (i'm so tired I nearly forgot about it) - it was really bad again in my apartment. It was so bad my son couldnt sleep and he is in the front of the apartment looking into the courtyard - could never hear it in there before. Before last night I was willing to be reasonable with them but to be honest seeing the replies from them and the fact they they are paying no attention to our complaints, I am now ready to see them kicked out of there. I can put up with the noise but I refuse to let my son's sleep be disturbed by it too.

Hi Dee
sorry about last night got on to concil just couple mins ago told them noise was really bad cant get asleep told them americas dont give a s__t about residents at all i told them not to give me log book to get them in and tell them if they dont sort it out that they will object to them getting their licence again and to change their music times to 11 oclock all of the time, and for them to move people on after its finished

Hi Andy who were you speaking with I'm gonna give them a ring now in a min when I can focus. Its more for David then myself I'm worried about lack of sleep - dont get me wrong its verry fustrating for me too but I'd rather him get a good nights sleep than me if it comes down to it- I could hear it over my telly in the sitting room too and I have that up quite high! At this stage i'll will be objecting to their licience renewal as they really dont want to play a fair game with us. What happened to this noise reader that the manager is suppossed to have to keep an eye on the noise levels! Looks like he's given up using this. We should all go over in force one day and refuse to leave his premises till he does something about it - maybe then he might take it seriously. Make his life unbearable!!!

Back