SDCC - property path update

nuttybud

Hi

Im very confused about SDCC affordable housing at the moment -has
anyone seen the update on SDCC property path website? There is an august newsletter advertising 2 & 3 bed apts/houses on view this weekend - 1st come, 1st served. Does this anyone can just go and see & put down a deposit on one?

I was just offered an 2bed apt in citywest last wk (Im actually to view it today) but Id much prefer a hse in adamstown - do you think I can say id prefer adamstown?

As per my post below - they are also advertising on daft!

I tried to ring this morning but I cant get an answer.

Re: SDCC - propery path update

Hi Nuttybud,
I can see why you're confused...cos I am too!!!! I'd say go along and check out the house in Adamstown and pay your deposit if that's the one you're more interested in. From what I can gather you need to be on the SDCC list anyway cos it asks for us to provide our reference number.

I got offered 2 properties with Dublin City Council and I'm still waiting to just get an appointment to view them so I think I'm going to go along.

Just to update anyone on the SDCC list, I have been offered to view Broadfield Hall, Tallaght Cross in the next couple of weeks. Ive been on the list since April 07 so it seems its a little like 16 month waiting time. Anyone here viewed these yet or have been offered?

I spoke with someone in property path yesterday and these are for the affordable housing initiative.

Does anyone know what the difference is between affordable housing scheme and the affordable housing initiative is? Im so confused!

Hi SuzyQ80 I was also speaking to someone in SDCC today & told the same.

I was offered a place at citywest plaza but Ive decided not to take it- she was really trying to railroad me into taking that one and was very vague when I asked about the ones on the website. I asked could anyone just turn up and view one with deposit and AH reference and put it down. She didnt say no but kept going on about taking what was offered when you get to the top of the list but this looks like you just need to be on the list & turn up with your deposit?

Did anyone go and see any these apts at the weekend? Was it open to anyone?

I think the main diff is on AHI you have to earn over 40k or 45k(not exactly sure) but you must still be below the thresehold 58k?

Gosh i dont know, i dont think tallaght cross is AHI but i cant be sure either. if you had been signed up to property path website up dates an e mail was sent about the first come first served viewings of properties at Adamstown Castle and The Padocks, New Bancroft Tallaght and properties at Newscastle too. I know they were deffo AHI. AHI's are more expensive than normal Affordable housing, there is lesser of a clawback too. Can i ask Nuttybud have you been put to the bottom of the list now seen as you refused the Citywest Offer?

Hi nuttybud, this is where i get even more confused about the earnings too. I was originally on the DLRCC but in May when i started to realise there was no way i was going to be able to afford DLRCC i also put my name on the SDCC. At the time i had got my mortgage approval in principle and when i spoke to SDCC they were trying to get me to go to Citypark and view them on AHI. When i said about the 40 or 45k earnings he said that it had changed in Feb and was no longer the case??? Cant find any info about the clawback except that i did see somewhere that it is the same.

From what i could gather on the phone yesterday once you are on the list and have a ref no anyone can turn up to the viewings. Wasnt too open with the info to be honest

paul201 I got your e mail, but for some reason I couldnt reply. Anyways I havent went to view the property yet, will be viewing at the end of the month. Ive heard for 72sq m 2 bed apt its €2,050.. which i think is steep but kinda average also from what ive been told from other apartment owners. What did you think of them, the inside etc. were you offered a 2 bed or 1 bed?

Hi Ruth
I got offered a 2 bed for 188,600 they give you a sheet and you mark ur preference so they offered me the 2 bed and its 72/3 sqm there ok on the inside but the kitchen is abit strange they have the place were u put the fr freezer but there is a piece of wood in the middle so u can but the 2 in one unit in there. the maintence is just over the 2 but if you dont accept they tell you they will put you to the end of the list.when i signed up i was supposed to be given 3 turn downs then that would happen.

Mmmm very strange indeed. Ive been told there's 8 two beds left and ill get one of them but ill be going for a smaller 2bed coz im only approved for €185k. I believe the finish in the bathrooms are lovely too. Have my viewing on Friday morning so i cant wait now! What floor did you go for? whats your views like, have you dual aspect?

Hi Ruth
I was in so many of the apts i cant remember the view but in some it is bad one is looking right against a wall from another building the bathrooms are very nice there complete there is attle difference on were they hav the toliet thats the only difference i seen between them on the bathrooms lol I will be up there on friday 2 from what i remember the smaller 2 bed dont have an ensuite.

Good luck with the snagging on friday, hopefully you wont have too much to do. Well I wont know anymore til I view on Friday. So ill let you know what I think then.

Oh you should bring a camera and a measuring tape etc with you on friday so you'll have a good idea of what kind of measurements for your windows, flooring etc.

R

When you go in go staight to the sales office to get a preference sheet they told me to just look around for awhile but there is no point in looking if you dont know if you will get one of them its confusing cause some of the apts that i looked at were already taken and they never told me untill i got a preference sheet of them they told me to pick 5. the 2 beds are 64s meters and the 2 bed ensuite are 72s meters there just over 188k,they told me the apts are worth 351k with a parking spot i cant see how there worth that.God i

Hey paul201 just an update to say I took a place in Broadfield Hall today. Im delighted with it. I took a type B place,cant remember the sqm but i think its about 70 or so for €174K. Im in block 2 and on the 2nd floor. Love the finish the builders have on the place, really high spec and not what i was expecting at all. My living room has its balcony facing the monument at the Library and my main bedroom has a balcony looking on to the communal gardens. Seen the way the press is in the kitchen for the fridge freezer i think the shelf between the two should be easy enough to remove. I was delighted coz it was my second choice of 6 and i was 6th on the list... jammy of what!

R

Congrats ive have the same view u must b very close to me ive the view of the monument i think im the 2 r 3rd floor im just wondering what are they gonna put below us hope not a nite club i need my beauty sleep lol.When did they tell you it will all be complete for you to move in? I got told 2 to 4 months buts i know they have paid the maintance fees till the end of november so must be before then now all the leagal stuff for me then the sad part and ur gd part SHOPPING lol

I dunno paul201, I mite be a fan of a local night club!!!! Nah in all seriousness tho ive done some investigating into the planning of the area and as as far as i can see there seems to be a mothercare going beneath us .. dunno if thats all it is tho. I didnt ask when it might be ready to finalise but i would imagine it will be before christmas.

How did you snagging go? When i was putting my deposit down this morning i was told by property path that the only thing that was coming back on the snag lists was the water pressure, its not great and nearly all apartments are complaining of same. Have you asked about the parking situation, its not the clearest as to where the parking will be.

Oh and dont be fooled, ive already got nearly all the shoppping done, my folks are gonna evict me with all the stuff i have stored away in the spare rooms heehee.

well i did find a few faults and im not happy the water is fine were mine is no problems but the sockets at not tight againts the wall there very loose ill get them to sort it out property path will not tell u every fault they want u to take it remember lol niteclub mite keep me awake lol wud be gd for meeting the girls since im single so gd point lol id tell u more about wats wrong with the apt but dont want p path knowing who i am lol i have done no shopping at all its not mine till i get the keys is the way im looking at it

the parking is not the same number as your door thats what i was told its inculded in the price told that bye pp

Sure I have my own snagging next week so Ill know if there is much to be done soon enough. I doubt very much PPath would be bothered stalking the forum tbh.

Back