SDCC - property path update

Hi Tinker,

You are very kind... If nobody else was ahead, I would gladly take the flooring stuff, as I have to buy it anyway..
Please let me know how much you want for it, and when we can collect it if still available.

Regards, MarleneM

It's free, You can collect it any weekday evening, I'm usually out for weekends. Sent you my number. Sure, since your not planning to use it until you move in, I'm fine with storing it in my utility room until you get into the complex. If you change your mind, just let me know and i'll bin it or bring it back to store.

Hi All

I haven't posted anything in a while, someone who shall remain nameless (you know who you are) thinks im a cyber stalker, so i said i would contribute a little.
Thanks to everyone who has been sorting noise etc, its laying the groundwork for when everyone else has moved in (including me), it is greatly appreciated.
Also, if anyone needs wooden floors put down or tiling done, the guy who did it for me is available and reasonably priced, his number is 0872817879. His name is Pat.

Many thanks Tinker,

Would be great if you can hold on to it, should need by end May/beginning June.
My tel nr is 0879757425 should you need the space to store something else.

Much appreciated,,

Regards, Marlene

Number of the electrician I used to install my oven:
085-1433268
He was efficient and ok priced (50 for an oven installation)

It's very simple to install an oven, did two over the past few weeks. If you know how to wire a plug and can turn off the elcb you can diy :)

It's very simple to install an oven, did two over the past few weeks. If you know how to wire a plug and can turn off the elcb you can diy :)

Playing with electricity is the only thing i get a bit nervous around. I think if you've recently seen someone wire up an oven, in hind sight its easy, but if you haven't, then there is a few things i wouldn't of thought of quickly...Would love to have more experience with Electrics.

Note: I tiled my kitchen floor yesterday and while cleaning up after wards,dropped a big box of tiles on laminate floor last night. Was amazed not a single tile broke....until i seen that my laminate floor has a 3 inch gash in it...now i have to pull up 7 boards and repair......Felt like sharing :) BUT I now have a working washing machine :D

Will someone provide me with a lock smith number that they have used and found acceptable, please. I would like to get an internal deadbolt installed. Thanks

Last edited:
hi thetinker - poor you I know how it feels to mark your new floor - did the same when trying to pull my washing machine out!! Big Scraps - felt like crying!!

I think I might have the leaflet that Andy88 handed around for a locksmith - if you want i can either drop it in your letterbox or drop it over to ya this evening if you tell me your apt no.

Playing with electricity is the only thing i get a bit nervous around. I think if you've recently seen someone wire up an oven, in hind sight its easy, but if you haven't, then there is a few things i wouldn't of thought of quickly...Would love to have more experience with Electrics.

Note: I tiled my kitchen floor yesterday

Totally understand and your right too.

I wouldn't have a clue where to start with tiling :p

Fair Play to you all, you seem to be doing a lot yourslelves. Does anyone know the name of paint in apts. Is it Magnolia, I have to touch up few places.

theTinker,

I'm sure your neighbour whoever he/she is, only had your best interests at heart and you will do good to listen to his/her advice (lol).

Hi Tinker,

Me again... sorry to be such a pain.

Please can you measure the wall space from the end of the built in wardrobe to the door in the bedroom? I am looking a wardrobes, but need the size of space left on
the wall for the second wardrobe.

Thanks, MarleneM

Much appreciated.

Hi Everyone
can anybody post the link here to the form you need to fill out for owner occupier relief? I've searched the revenue site and google and there seems to be a few different kinds of forms, like everything else with revenue its all a bit confusing!!!

hi Alcazar - I just headed over to the tax office at the square with the doc's and they filled everything in for me. I didnt have the form before I went in - they should be able to help you if you go over. It took about 6 weeks to go through but I got tax back in my wages dated back to the time of purchase.

I just got the forms required from my solicitor to get the section 23'ish' relief.

My solicitor wasn't clear if these are the ones needed. Its got some figures for construction costs from before 2006/Dec(56k) and post 2006/Dec(3.5k). Are these the forms the tax office needs for Section 23 relief? The forms mention Urban renewal development scheme for owner occupiers/resident investors and 'residential/commercial' property.

Marlene, sure I'll measure it up later for you and post result tomorrow. Its np.

Today I got to wash my clothes for the first time in my new place....Wow was i running out of the 'essentials!' :)

Oh btw people. If you swipe someone out from the car park with your swipe card, you cant use to to let yourself out as it doesnt allow an 'exit' without a previous 'entry' record....
However obviously if you can get your friend to drive back into the entrance, swipe your card for entrance but then reverse back up the ramp, it might work...and cause accidents :)

Note: I tiled my kitchen floor yesterday and while cleaning up after wards,dropped a big box of tiles on laminate floor last night. Was amazed not a single tile broke....until i seen that my laminate floor has a 3 inch gash in it...now i have to pull up 7 boards and repair......Felt like sharing :) BUT I now have a working washing machine :D

Will someone provide me with a lock smith number that they have used and found acceptable, please. I would like to get an internal deadbolt installed. Thanks

I know how you feel about the flooring. I was moving my sofa around and scratched my flooring too. I was going mad but its semi solid and my dad said he was going to get a bit of sandpaper and sand it down and varnish it...hope that works. Its not actually too bad...my friend said you would never notice it only that I mentioned it...but Im aware of it.

Folks

Is all this chat necessary?

It makes the thread very long and offputting to people who want real information.

It also wastes my time when you start handing out your apartment numbers.

There is another website to discuss individual developments.

Brendan

Folks
It makes the thread very long and off putting to people who want real information.
Brendan

I think most people have found the thread very useful for real information and the soft information regards peoples choices in the complex(curtains, break ins, community inside the complex). It's been useful to quite a few. Alot of real information has been highlighted only through the chat. The development is in a very different state of residential occupancy then when the thread started, the threads just evolved along with it. Alot of information at the start was speculation, now its helpful solid info from inside the complex. Lots of people have signed up just for the thread, the site is constantly getting more referrals from it, its a constantly evolving thread with no trolling/flaming and full of helpful people/information. I think all the little pieces that are uncovered are useful and should be encouraged.

I apologize for this inconvenience it caused by giving out my apt no and appreciate the haste it was dealt with it.

Folks

It makes the thread very long and offputting to people who want real information.

Brendan

This thread is helpful to lots of people moving in and living in Broadfield Hall.

If you don't like this thread, then don't bother reading it.

Back