SDCC - property path update

The shortest width of the door is 75.5cm.
This is when the door is open and the measurement is taken from the door frame to the edge corner of the door. This is the smallest width of the door area so this would be the blocking point for most furniture. Once again though, This isn't the number to use when then measuring what stuff will fit in the door.
I guess you do Mr Ps fancy theorem Asq+Bsq=Csq since your sofa is probably a right angle on the lower back of it but I think i'd just get the sofa and give it a go!
My sofa has about an 80cm width.

Door frame Height is 201cm at the smallest point (center of saddle board to lowest frame beam at top of portal)

hi ruthie - thats interesting - I'l love to see how they work all that out. Rang the revenue there and they told me that the amount I get for owner occupier is €7845 for ten years but I only get 20% of that so its €1569 per year in relief- they told me it had been calculated correctly but as I'm not too hot on Revenue stuff I just have to go with it I supposse. They are sending me out the details on how they calculated it so I'll have a look at it then. But thanks for the info!

As for a residents committee i'd be happy to go with that idea too.

Marlene - congrats on the move in date - I hope it all goes well for you.

why only 20% deedav? im just goin on what they told me over the phone. I dont understand it at all

oh maybe its worked out on the tax bracket then, if thats the case ill get 42%?!?!? god i dont understand anything the Revenue do :(

it must be - as i only pay 20% i'm sure thats why. Sure nothing is simple with them but to be honest I'm quiet suprised how quickly they did it - my solicitor had told me tales of others waiting nearly 2 years for them to sort it out. So happy day's with the new levy's going on next month my tax reduction should balance out what they are taking and I shouldnt really feel it too much.

its great when it evens out isnt it!! ill still be down but sure what can you do, no more M&S foods... lidl all the way!
Just thought id pass on info too... the farmers market will be out on Chambers Square (the one opposite us) every friday from 11.30 to 3.30.

The wooden laminate floors are down in the utility room + 75% of the living room. Time consuming to put down but I went on a long hiking trip this weekend so i can't exactly say i've been working hard at them lol. It turned out to be relatively easy to put down the laminates. A little bit of reading on the internet and some youtube videos tell everything you need to know**. Works about 50% cheaper than buying+paying someone if you don't count your own time.
**Electric jigsaw is a must

Congrats on the mortgage.

Just wrote about them on the previous page. Thanks for asking.

Yeah Im all settled in Marlene thanks, living there about 8 weeks or so now and loving it.
Deedav and Stuie I called the revenue today and they told me my relief for owner occupiers is €5,812 oer annum for the next 10 years, this works out €484.33 per month extra in my wage, surely yours has been calculated wrong????

Wow, can someone try explain this to me, all my financial stuff is now more or less sorted, I've had how my interest relief is applied at source explained to me but this section 23 stuff is all new.

So far nobody has mentioned it to me, not my solicitor, my mortgage broker or bank, how do I get it, just ring the Revenue and tell them I am a new owner/occupier?

Thanks so much to everyone on this forum for the input so far.

hi logic - you should get all the documents you need on closing from your solicitor in order to apply for the Section 23 Relief. All you need to do is go to the tax office with them and they will process it. It took about 6 weeks for mine to be put onto my tax credits. As you can see above I dont really know how they calculate it but sure whatever they give has to be better than nothing!

Dee

Hi all,

I was on the phone this morning enquiring about when our carpark spaces will be numbered and marked private. Property path say its nothing to do with them and gave me developers number. Rang them and they say its nothing to do wth them either! They say its SDCC responsibility to number our spaces. So it looks lik it wont be done any time soon. I want my space numbered because at busy times I want to know I can come home and be guaranteed a space, and we've also paid for the privelige!! Has anyone else been in contact with anyone about it??

Liz

Hi Liz,

Did you speak to Declan at Prop Path? He is so on the ball, will be surprised if he cannot give you a more direct reply.
Do let us know..
MarleneM

Hi,
I spoke with Collette, waiting for her to get back to me. She ent me in the direction of the developers and they sent me back to PP. At this rate Im going to paint mt own space! Will let you know what she says.

Hi,
At this rate Im going to paint mt own space!

Thats a youtube video worth seeing!

On Level -3 There is a whole load of parking spaces. Is this the level where our spaces are? They are already numbered down there. My parking card has a red sticker on it saying 107 and there is a space marked 107. I assumed this was it? I was told by Collette that my space is on -3

Hi All
carpark in -3 i think car space no. on your card betty bloom you can protect your car space by putting a parking bolard so nobody else can use your space my solicitor told we can since we own them:)
bty think resident committee is a good idea united we stand and all that.
hey dee and ruthie how is problems with captain americas going is it sorted i think 1pm on weekends is to late for music to stop doesnt really affect me but will support you if ya need me

Hi,

Ruthie and Deedav. Can i ask you if there is a certificate of department of environment included in the documents of the owner occupier tax relif. I am waiting for that for nearly one month and my solicitor would not let me sign the contract till the certificate available.

Thanks a lot

hey Andy - strangly I had no problems with them at all recently and then last night it was noisy again. But they did stop the music at 12 as agreed last night. However there was a lot of shouting, singing and the like going on well past 12 - my little boy even commented on it this morning and he sleeps in the front of the apartment away from it all. I also noticed that some of the shop windows around by Aldi had been smashed in - looks like it only happened last night as I didnt notice it yesterday. Your very good lending your support but I really havent had any problems up until last night.

Hi Sean - I cant really remember what documents I received for the Section 23 relief. I do know that there was a certificate of cost of construction and I had to tell them what I paid for the property but I think that might have been it. I cant remember seeing anything from the Department of the Environment but I could be wrong. If you ring the Revenue they will be able to tell you exactly what you need. I'm suprised that you still havent got yours as that was the one area my solicitor said she found them to be organised in. Sorry I cant help more.

Dee

Sean, we got an Urban renewal cert for the section 23. I wonder if it is the HB47 you are waiting for from the Builder, its the structural 10yr guarantee. I received the Ber Cert (energy rating ) in the post the other day and I have been in apartment about 6 weeks.

Yvie, thanks for letting me know about car parking space, Im just waiting for my flatmate to decide what he wants to do.

My carpark space is in -2 but its not ready yet for some reason.

Hi All,

Our spaces are on -2. I thought they were -3 but was told no! Im brutal at reading maps so I cant figure it out from my conract map that I got. Anyway Collette is looking into it on monday as builders are on hols this week. Will let you know what she says. I'll be out soon with the paint and a no parking sign!

Hey Everyone, am moving into Broadfield Hall over the next while, I'd be lost without all the info on here, thanks a mil...

Just wondering does anyone know more about the Owner Occupier Relief? a few people here have mentioned that it works out about 1500.00 a year......do you mean you'll get that paid off your mortgage? Or do you mean because of the tax credits you get 1500.00 more into your hand in your wages?

Back