SDCC - property path update

Hi All, I moved in a few weeks ago and I just wanted to thank you for all the info that you have posted on the site. I was just wondering if anyone has a number of who to contact about fixing things in the block. My light outside my door had been broken since i moved in and i was assured it would be fixed but here we are 5 weeks later and no sign of it being done. All has anyone had any problems with their heating?

No number im afraid. I was told to contact the council and collette would send on the number of a builder around the place who would be around to fix small things etc.

No problems with the heating except that one radiator takes alot longer than the others to heat up. I expect its just an airlock and havent bothered looking it yet. Are you experiencing problems?

Hi There,

You are great, thanks for all the info.
Did you also have to pay €3,000 cash to SDCC and they said that will go to the solicitor and be deducted from the purchase price?
A favor please:
can anybody please measure the size of the front door for me.. I have nightmares thinking my sofa won't make it through the door..
Many thanks, if anyone has a moment, I will appreciated it.

Regards, MarleneM

I am not a fan of dishes myself, everything should be fibre optic these days.

Yes I also paid a €3,000 deposit.

Lastly, if anyone currently livivng in Broadfield Hall and has a phone line installed could you please check this for me I would be very greatful:

If you scroll down to the bottom of the page you can input your phone number and it will tell you if it is available in your area, these guys seem to cover everything, phone, broadband and tv. And as far as I can see it all comes through the phone line so this should be allowed, yes?

What is Magnet PCTV and how does it work?

Magnet PCTV is TV that comes through your broadband connection rather than a conventional aerial, satellite dish or cable. So rather than watching on a normal TV you watch it on your PC or Laptop!

hi logic - tried out your link and put in my phone number and it works - says you can upgrade if you want to.

Dee

hi logic - tried out your link and put in my phone number and it works - says you can upgrade if you want to.

Dee

Thank you very much Dee, thats excellent news, so I guess I will be going with Magnet.

Do eircom make you sign a 12 month contract for installing a phone line or are you free to cancel at any time? I am sure they will still be getting their line rental via Magnet.

I think you can cancel at any time - but not too sure about that, cant remember signing anything

No number im afraid. I was told to contact the council and collette would send on the number of a builder around the place who would be around to fix small things etc.

No problems with the heating except that one radiator takes alot longer than the others to heat up. I expect its just an airlock and havent bothered looking it yet. Are you experiencing problems?

I've had awful hassle with the council as they would not give me the builders number. After a few irrate phone calls to the council the builder finally called me after 3 days of phone calls to the council and when they finally came out to fix it on Thursday morning i had to go to work so could not check til I came home. The fixed the original problem but left 2 of my radiators not working for the weekend. Will have to wait til tuesday to get them to come back and fix them. Really appreciate all your help and this forum has helped alot with info i didn't know. Thanks.

hey all - i have 2 numbers for the builders if anyone wants them i'll pm them to ya - also ring danningers office in town if you have any problems the lady in the office can email him with your problem

I was off work this past weekend so decided to drive down to Westmeath to pick up my girlfriend and show her around the general area I will be moving into around Broadfield Hall.

It was her first time in Tallaght, and it couldn't have been a worse experience if I tried.

I parked in the Square and walked across, there were some traveller kids trying to break up the bus shelter and a fight outside the arcade near O'Briens sandwich bar. The Square security men seemed to just watch it rather than take any action. Anyway, onto the Broadfield Hall area, I noticed some new Graffiti around some of the small walls, and alot more Graffiti recently painted over, so I am assuming this is a regular occurance?

There were lots of beer cans, and some broken bottle glass scattered around the general area from the Luas up as far as Marks & Spencer's.

Shortly after, the Gardai arrived to remove a man from Captain Americas who seemed off his head.

Honestly none of these things seem to bother me, but my girlfriend was far from impressed.

I still don't have my keys so couldn't show her around the inside or my apartment, which I am sure would have made up for the bad impression outside.

Hi Logic, Sorry to hear about your bad experiences. All I can say is nowhere is absolutely perfect. I came to live in Tallaght 10 years ago and I wouldnt want to live anywhere else now. Its so convenient having everything around. Unfortunately there will be instances where anti social behaviour happens but its up to the rest of us to have pride in our community and not accept this. Maybe its an idea if we have a neighbourhood watch set up within the area. The council are also very good at sorting things out if you let them know. eg rubbish and the likes.

Hi all sorry I havent been on lately, good to hear everyone seems to be settling in.

Sorry to hear about your girlfriends visit logic, and I agree with suzie.q on this, you will get antisocial behaviour everywhere, and I guess a long weekend is gonna be the worst as there are more people around and more kids off school to make mischief. I myself am not originally from Tallaght but work there and work in the vacinity of Broadfield hall, so ive sem this place in all lights, and from the begining. The council are pretty good once they know of a problem ie. the prob some residents have with capitain americas. Also it will be up to the mgt company to remove grafitti etc as soon as we report it.

It up to the local residents to take pride and look after their patch in my eyes, and i think a residents committee will be beneficial for all. I also believe once we have full occupation the local community garda will be in touch for a meeting with us all.

Hi There,

Can you please do a huge favor.. Please measure the front and internal door width and height.. I am having a struggle getting a sofa bed that will fit.

Did anyone have a problem getting a sofa into the apartment?
My door where I am now is 70cm wide and 2 m high, but I don't want to take it for granted that the doors in Broadfield is same size.
As always, all your help is much appreciated.
MarleneM

Hi There,

Can you please do a huge favor.. Please measure the front and internal door width and height.. I am having a struggle getting a sofa bed that will fit.

Did anyone have a problem getting a sofa into the apartment?
My door where I am now is 70cm wide and 2 m high, but I don't want to take it for granted that the doors in Broadfield is same size.
As always, all your help is much appreciated.
MarleneM

Ah ya know what. I took these measurements for you but completely forgot about them. Don't know where i put them but ill be up there again later tonight to finish off some flooring so ill take them again then.
You shouldnt have any problem getting a sofa of any size in. The doors are far larger than most houses as they all need to be wheel chair accessible now. I got a pretty big sofa bed into the apartment last week without any bother. Like obviously the sofa will be tilted when going through the door so im not even sure how the width/height will help as the width will be useless since the sofa is angled. I know my sofa is a few inches bigger (about 5-7inches) than the width of the door just by looking at it.

Ill send them on later anyways

Tinker, you have just made my day. Thanks so much for that info, will be delighted to get the size.
Are you finding doing the wooden floors yourself easy?
Tanks a million,
MarleneM

Hi Ruthie,
Welcome back. Mortgage sorted, and I was told I could move in abt 01 July
I am delighted with myself. I totally agree with your viewpoint, and do agree on
residents committee to be formed.
Are you completely settled in now?
MarleneM

Yeah Im all settled in Marlene thanks, living there about 8 weeks or so now and loving it.
Deedav and Stuie I called the revenue today and they told me my relief for owner occupiers is €5,812 oer annum for the next 10 years, this works out €484.33 per month extra in my wage, surely yours has been calculated wrong????

Tinker, you have just made my day. Thanks so much for that info, will be delighted to get the size.
Are you finding doing the wooden floors yourself easy?
Tanks a million,
MarleneM

No problem. I'm actually going to head down to it at lunch time as I'm expecting my appliances to be delivered within the hour.
Bought myself a fridge, oven+hob (great oven + hob deal in DID now on, its a package deal),
slimline dishwasher (more expensive than a normal dishwasher :(...its smaller, i hoped it would be cheaper)
and microwave & kettle.
1.5k total...So i'm now going to be getting my food from the charity lines i think :)

The wooden laminate floors are down in the utility room + 75% of the living room. Time consuming to put down but I went on a long hiking trip this weekend so i can't exactly say i've been working hard at them lol. It turned out to be relatively easy to put down the laminates. A little bit of reading on the internet and some youtube videos tell everything you need to know**. Works about 50% cheaper than buying+paying someone if you don't count your own time.
**Electric jigsaw is a must

Congrats on the mortgage.

Ye i'd like to see a Residents Association set up most to be dealing to with the MC as they take it alot more serious in my experience.
I don't mind getting the ball rolling on it shortly if everyone is happy with that? If anyone else is more experienced with it, by all means go for it! I've zilch XP but i've been involved in one before(to complain about my plumbing :D )

Yeah Im all settled in Marlene thanks, living there about 8 weeks or so now and loving it.
Deedav and Stuie I called the revenue today and they told me my relief for owner occupiers is €5,812 oer annum for the next 10 years, this works out €484.33 per month extra in my wage, surely yours has been calculated wrong????

Thats WONDERFUL Ruthie, Congratulations!

yeah its good alright, but its not even covering what ive lost with Pension Levy and extra income levy etc each month... but im delighted with it, it will go a long way in me actually being able to buy dinners!!!!

Back