SDCC - property path update

dee have you spoken to the environmental health officer yet? if not ill pm her details to you. i wasnt disturbed too much last night myself, tho it was late when i eventually got to bed anyways. Andy, i did have the number for danninger at some stage but cant out my hand on it now, i think i may have posted it previously tho.

Got contents insurance over the phone for Hibernian.
65euro per year for a 10k contents with accidental cover.
123.ie were giving the same deal but for 101 per year.

Sorry to hear about your sons (and yourself) sleep disturbance deedav. Little more frustrating than that. Perhaps a petition from the residents informing Cap Americas that the residents plan to reject their next license renewal might be a good way to go. I'd be more than happy to sign it and I'm sure alot of others would. It would be a quicker scare tactic than waiting for the next renewal license and would show Cap USA that there will be consequences if they don't play fair.

Hi All
got on to builder he is going to sort door out today his name is john nice guy. got on to captain americas head office said i was talking on behalf of residents hope ye dont mind. girl in office said she will get in touch with owner and get him to ring me to arrange a meeting told her we made offical complaint to concil and that we will be objecting to them renewing their licence if we cant sort problems with music and people being noisey when leaveing at night. hopefully it can be sorted out. but wont hold my breath. united we stand and all that c--p;)

hi thinker
dont just cover for 10,000 more like 30,000 dont forget yor bathroom and kitchen need to be refitted out if anything happened to apartment ie fire damage and so on

Hi Ruthie - yep got on to them previously and again just there. Gillian wasnt there today but spoke to a nice guy who was aware of the problems and mentioned maybe putting something into the apartments to monitor the noise levels from our side - might be an idea. He took the details and will get Gillian to ring me back tomorrow.

thetinker - agree with you that scare tactics might be the way to go but dont think they will listen until an offical of some sort puts it plainly to them. I know I already signed a letter of petition that was posted in my letterbox by another resident and gave it back, but dont know how much noticed was taken of it.

andy good stuff with the door - John is very nice - been very helpful to me in the past. Hopefully that will help the situation a little more, as it does seem to be your block that has been targeted with intruders! Its terrible that its happened, it actually makes me wonder every night when I put my key in the lock if anything is still left inside the apartment. Its very worrying. No problem talking on my behalf to Captain Americas. I aslo told the council that I will be objecting to their licience renewal - think i'll give the head office a ring now too!!

hey all
i think we should also ring tallaght gaurds every time their is noise from people outside americas and make sure you get name an no. of guard on desk and make a note of it, cos the more we complain the gaurds will get pi--ed off and will object to them getting a license cos they will be wasteing to much man power on the problem

Andy88, your totally right, The girl on the phone pointed that out to me.
With Hibernian the 65 euro was for 23k contents cover (minimum Hibernian allow). The 123 quote was only based on 10k cover so Hibernian were far superior value

Hi All

Just found out from Captain America's Grafton Street that the guy to contact re Tallaght is called Patrick McKillen and he can be contact on [email protected]. I explained that I did not want to be put in touch with the manager simon and I was told this guy is owns the franchise for tallaght. It might help - I'm sending an email off to him now.

Thanks for the address dee, Sent off a harsh but fair formal complaint for the attention of Patrick.

hi guy's just to update - was speaking with patrick from CA's today - he seemed to be reasonable enough about the problem and has told me that he is getting a machine installed to monitor the noise. I did tell him in a nice way that if the problem was not resolved I would have no other option but to object to the renewal of their licience - he was a bit taken back that we knew about this and who held it. I also hinted at the fact that if this continues that my job and my childs school life will be affected also and I would look into my options in relation to that with a lawyer. He assured me then that he is taking the problem seriously and will hopefully resolve the situation sooner rather than later. I assured him that I personally have no problem with them being there only with the noise that comes from there and suggested that maybe he try turning down the bass noise on his sound system to see if that helps. I wont hold my breath that anything will be done but you never know!! Just thought i'd let you all know!

Oh i also have his mobile number if anyone would like it I can pm it to them!! I'm sure he'd love that!! :)

Hi All,

I'm a newbe to this but just wanted to say a big thanks to everyone for all the info ye posted.

I was lookin for info on skyconway & ended up reading this site for hours -I have moved into Broadfield Hall about 8wks ago & I love my new apt!!!

I haven't really met many people around the building so the idea of us all meetin at some stage sounds like a great idea - at least we get to know our neighbours!!

now I need to try get my tv & internet sorted so I don't have to keep dropping back to mam's - was hoping I wouldn't have to use skyconway as there is alot of negative feedback but hey looks like I don't have a choice for the moment!!!!

Thanks again to all for the info - hopefully will be able to put face to the names sooner rather than later.

Ali

Hi,

This is a wonderful opinion. The things mentioned are unanimous and needs to be appreciated by everyone.

robinson

[broken link removed]

Hi All,
I'm a newbe to this but just wanted to say a big thanks to everyone for all the info ye posted.
Welcome Ali, It really is a wonderful place to get info. Ruthie, deedav and a few others have been extremely helpful with their postings.

I have moved into Broadfield Hall about 8wks ago & I love my new apt!!!
Wonderful complex so far. I love my new place to. Its almost fun even cleaning it....Almost. :) Isn't it great to have a plac e where you can just change anything you want and do any DIY that just tickles your fancy.

now I need to try get my tv & internet sorted so I don't have to keep dropping back to mam's - was hoping I wouldn't have to use skyconway as there is alot of negative feedback but hey looks like I don't have a choice for the moment!!!!
I met someone from the thread yesterday. A forum stalker she is.. (you know who you are!). She informed me that she has SkyConway basic/cheapest package and once she has them in, she could get the real Sky into the place with a proper package. Its a shame its needed but i was unaware of this option so I was glad to hear of it and happier knowing I can at least get Sky in...albeit with a higher charge.

Hi all, ive had a call from Gillian the Environmental Health Officer, she has asked can she set up a noise monitoring system in my place tomorrow and have it there for the weekend. I agreed as she said its the only thing she can do to take the next step. I think she asked me too as im in house here in SDCC and it would be easier for her to come over to mine at lunch to set it up. Ill let you know how it goes.

Hi Ruthie, Thats great news! Fair play to ya. Hopefully it might actually work.
I also had a call back from Gillian this morning. She seemed very helpful and interested in our problem.

Hi Alli25 weclome, I also have the basic SKY conway package costs 70 for installation and 45 every 3 months. I also get basic internet connection with this. I then also got SKY in - that cost me 25 a month for 3 entertainment mixes. I'm not interested in Movies or Sport so just opted for these mixes. I have to say apart from initial problems with connection its fine. I do however need to get them back out to fix a few stations that have gone funny but no big deal!

Hi There,

PLEASE help again..
Please measure the open space in the bedroom between the end of the cupboard and the door. Wants to buy another wardrobe, but did not measure the size.
Guy will keep for me till tomorrow

Many thanks, much appreciated.. things are happening VERY slowly..
MarleneM

hi all, just to update Gillian from SDCC is actually gonna put the monitor in my place from tomorrow as she would like to record monday night too, as it seems to be the worst. Apparently she can have it on for up to 4 days. ill let ye know how it goes.

Guys, I'm starting to throw out the accumulated waste moving in to my lil cosy abode has generated. A few spare things people might find useful?

Underlay for laying laminate floors, I've enough to do a whole apartment i think. 1 Large roll, 1 small roll, and 1 sheet of underlay+vapor barrier.
And some empty boxes(or will be empty): 1 large cardboard box(dishwasher size) and a couple of smaller boxes(speaker boxes/electronics). Useful for carrying stuff in.
If no one wants by 6pm tonight. I'll recycle them. Thanks.

Back