Lymewood Mews

Status
Not open for further replies.
monkeyboy said:
Looks like the site opposite TLC is ready to go, I definitely never saw a planning application on the site since Oct. any one else, only one on the main gates similar was HEYWOOD. Its a bit worrying that they may have put up aplication recorded with photo and removed, an old trick where you expect trouble!:confused:

Yeah Monkey boy, Strange one I bought in Parklands and did a search at the time for planning permission for Northwood on internet, found planning for other sites Heywood, Sports injury, Retail, site beside Statoil etc.. But nothing on site opposite TLC
Also drove up and checked no planning app on site. yet my friend who bought in Heywood was told that apartments would be going on sale in the next few months on site oppsite TLC.
Could they have got planning permission years ago when 1st started development, but is there not a time window where must build once get permission??:confused:

Just to let you know-our census was delivered by hand to me personally-I'm not sure if they just put it in the letterbox. Maybe they have called and you haven't been at home, or they haven't called to LWM at all.

The site opposite TLC was part of the overall masterplan that was given planning permission for 1200 apartments a few years back.
I have been living in the Northwood area for a few years now and have never seen planning notices go up for Temple Court or Parklands, actually if you look at any of these brochures the outline development for the site opposite TLC is already decided which means planning has been pre-approved.
I am fairly sure they will be of similar design to Temple Gardens/Court etc.
Anyone know who the builders are gonna be ?

I heard that the apartments opp. th TLC were being built by Lyndonbarry themselves. by themselves i mean they will not be using blm(lm developments)...... did not see any planning permission up, but work has already started i see.. was told by wyse that we would hear this week about next res. meeting. n e one hear ahything????

As i am aware the orginal application for planning was for the whole site in northwood. The permission was granted but appealed to An Bord Pleanala at the time. Following an oral hearing etc, the board granted permission. Once the whole site was granted permission , they only put up a site notice if there are changes to the orginal planning application i.e changing the amount of apartments etc.

I will try and find the appeal info and post a link , if anybody wants.

I actually think it was mentioned in a thread regarding a development in portmarnock,not sure why though.

sorry aj. wasnt meant to upset anyone. hope this font is ok with YOU.........must have been a bad week 4 u!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Havent checked yet. have the house phone with magnet. if i go with ntl will lose the line/ number etc - i presume. not sure which way to go to be honest.....

have no interest in ntl; financially i mean.

got ntl broadband and digital tv installed today.

3 months broadband free.

6 months digital tv free.

12 months tv free.

happy with that. not interested with telephone. the 20 quid or whatever it is you spend on line rental is 20 i can use on my mobile.

contract runs out in a couple of months with magnet. will weigh up the options then.. any one frequenting a local establishment yet??? suggestions on where to enjoy a few beers?????. have been to the crown plaza a few times. most enjoyable...nice pint a little pricey i suppose but not a bad atmosphere for a hotel...

So how much is Magnet costing and what special offers do they have for Lymewood?

The major problem with magnet is the cost of adding SKY channels, for example Sky movies or Sky Sports, compared to NTL the price is very high...

I will probably go with NTL digital for TV and Magnet for Broadband.

Yup, 6 no spaces will be painted with a big red "V" ( not for victory any way ) .
Letter from Wyse stated this last week and listed the 6 spaces.
There is also parking for 5/6 cars adjacent block C bin stores. These could be marked for Visitors also possibly.

Yes there was a letter, we have that space beside black A near the bin stores (the spaces with the bricks) however this is meant to be a 'garden' where grass and flowers are to Grow! What a waste of space! well over 120 apartments and 6 spaces....joke....at the launch they mentioned ample space for visitor parking....!

Oh right, haven't seen that yet. Either the letterbox guy has struck again or it arrived after thursday evening when I last checked our letterbox.

That is a ridiculous percentage of visitors spaces for the amount of apartments in the complex. That's 6 visitors spaces for the THREE blocks??? I can see lots of people parking on the road so...

Exactly, can't see the council being to happy about that....it is just pure greed on the developers part, they probably had a margin to make on the whole development, fell short (due to the lenght of time it took to build) and this is how they make up the money, by putting more of the visitor car park spaces for sale than what was originally intended....sums up Ireland....

6 spaces, that sucks. undergound is virually empty though. As for the ntl v Magnet I have gone with ntl for TV and B.Band it works out much cheaper for the whole package. On another note i have plugged in the TV (no licence yet) but the picture is grainy. Ntl are to come out will that change the quality of the picture?

Our picture quality is perfect. When we got it installed originally and got the digital box we had to get a guy out again as it wasn't working and he ended up taking ages to find the problem as a contractor had originally put in the NTL and they weren't sure where it was. Anyway, found it, fixed it and it's perfect now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back