Lymewood Mews

Status
Not open for further replies.

muffin1973

Hi all,

Has anyone else bought in this Scheme? My boyfriend and I signed the contracts on our apartment in January 2004. This is our first time we've bought a place together and we are nearly 18 months waiting for our apartment to be built and it looks like they won't be ready for another few months.

Is it me or is there absolutely no comeback for anyone in this situation - the builders seem to be able to take as long as they want, moving the completion date back again and again and as a purchaser, there seems to be little I can do but wait... The estate agency involved gives us no updated information either so we have little idea what stage it's at except to go out and have a look at it and it looks a long time from being finished. It's so exasperating.

Does anyone know if the first phase of lymewood mews has been completed yet, i.e. are people living in them yet?

I think the first block is meant to be finished around about this time, aug/sept.

Hi,

I bought in block C of Lymewoods Mews in Santry and I doing my snag list on Monday. So there it shouldn't be too much longer for the other two blocks.

Hope this helps!

Pam

I did my snag yesterday and I spoke wiht one of the builders, accodring to him, phase one is being snagged and released this month.

and each of the next phases will be done in the coming months, one a month.

he said all units will be occupied by Christmas, dont know if that's any use to you.

By the way, i have to say, they look really great, I was so impressed, the quality of the finish is actually worth waiting for.

the kitchen and bathrooms in particular look great, and the grounds have been

Hi Orlaith,

I completed my snag list on Monday and you're right they are well finished. Just to let you know that the builder was over charging me by €400 for the management fees. I'm sure mine wasn't the only mistake! If you need to know anymore my e-mail address is <removed by ajapale 13-Nov-05>

Pam

Hi - I bought in Lymewood too and did my snag on Monday as well - there was a lot to be finished but i was pretty happy with the overall look of the place - so long since we bought it I'd forgotten what the marketing suite had looked like!

We were sent the completion letter and the management fee is included as you'd know - ours was in as just under €1400 (it was a very strange figure actually) - is that an overcharge?? Thanks.

Hey,

The management fee on my first completion letter was just over €1900, I got such a shock! So I had to get my solicitor to send a letter to the builder and they came back with a new figure, its just over €1500(still too expensive). I wonder if I'm on a higher floor than you and thats why my fees are more expensive? I'm on the third floor!

I do agree with you that there is still lots to do, the foreman told me on Monday that my apartment should be completed in about 4 weeks.

Fingers Crossed!

Hi,

I have bought one in the last phase to be built.
Its good to hear they have been finished to a high standard.
They look quite impressive from the outside too.

Hey all

I checked with the solicitors for the builders and they came back to me saying that the management fee for our unit (we're on the first floor) is just over €1,100. Thankfully I saw the post on this website because I wouldn't really have thought to question it otherwise. Pam, you should check again with your solicitor to find out why you are being charged the €1500. We're hoping to get the call back for an appt to check our 'de-snagging' this week...

I also bought here in the 1st phase. Had my snag done last Wednesday afternoon. The entrance lobby and general common areas really do look impressive i must say, one of the best I have ever seen.

Anyone else notice how the wadrobe in the 2nd bedroom has been sacrificed for a boiler cupboard :-(
Even though at the time of purchase I was assured both bedrooms came with fitted wadrobes!
Will have to get wall area just above the worktop tiled up in the kitchen, anyone got any recommendations ?

TIA

Hey Muffin1973,

That's great news about your management fees, I'm definately going to get back onto the builder. Let you know how I get on!
I'm hoping to get a call this week about the final inspection too. Although they seemed to be using my apartment as a storage unit so I may be last on the list!

In reply to mac123: My apartment must be a different type to yours cause I have built-in wardrobes in both my bedrooms. In the contract I signed it said built-in wardrobes in both bedrooms so I wouldn't let that go. My friend had the same problem when she bought her house and they had to buy one for her. E-mail the girl Emma and tell her to put it on your snag list!

Hi Pam,
Not trying to look stupid here but when would I have got the contract, would it be with my solicitor after the time I paid the second 5k deposit ?
Actually iam not sure if its guaranteed with type of unit i bought, the show apt was about 830sq ft as far as I remember where mine is ony 730sq ft.
But did get it verbally from HOK at the time that both bedrooms do come with fitted wadrobes.
What size is your unit and if you don't mind me asking and also is there any wall tiling(above worktop) in your kitchen ?

Tia
mac123

Hey,

Yeah I got the contract after I handed over the second installment of €5000. I got a lot of stuff from the solicitor, but there is a document about two pages long and its basically a list of everything you get with the apartment. No where on it does it say that fitted wardrobes only come with certain apartment types. Can't remember the exact size of mine but it was type C, I know it was different to the show unit(let you know the size tomorrow). If you don't have that document I can fax or e-mail you a copy tomorrow.

Also I was checking on the HOK website([broken link removed]) and in the brochure it has "wardrobes in all bedrooms".

No, there wasn't any walls tilings in my kitchen, I'll have to get it tiled at some stage.

Pam

Hi Pam/Mac

Pam, I just had the budget for the management fee emailed to me by the builders solicitors which sets out the breakdown of the management fee incl. what each unit is being billed. We bought a one bed so we're paying less, that seems to be the way it's calculated. As well as the amount on the attached table, there is an add-on of €300 which is the car parking and refuse charges (€125 and €175 respectively).

Mac123 - I certainly wouldn't let the lack of a wardrobe in your second bedroom go, that's ridiculous - did you include it on the snagging?? Our boiler cupboard is in the hall beside another cupboard....

We don't have any wall tiles in the kitchen either.

Thanks for the info folks.

Pam: Had a look at that map you sent me, iam rather worried that the wadrobe in the 2nd room seems to contain something that resembles a boiler. Still though iam not going to leave it now, will chase it up with them tommorow.

Unfortunately I don't have that doc your speaking of, would be very grateful if you could email me just that page, to speed things up before i close on the sale.

Also a note to add which is good news, the HOK website now says Lymewood Mews "sold out" which wasn't the case only a few ago.
Anyone know if the development is going to have a perimeter fence, as a security measure from the rest of the surrounding area ?

Actually I found the contract last night. And it does say 'wadrobes' in both bedrooms.

Even though it looks like a wadrobe, it really is a boiler press with maybe just enough room for a few boxes.
Do you happen to have Emma's email address ?

Thanks

Hey,

That's Great! I was just about to e-mail you the document.
Her e-mail address is [email protected] and the phone number is 018774410.
It says wardrobes in all bedrooms so they will have to do something for you.
Best of luck!

Pam

Ok, after an email and 2 voicemails to Emma, she has finally come back to me.
She will check with Shane onsite, as to what is the situation with the 'missing wadrobe'.
So I think they will either;

A - Get one fitted
B - Compensate me for the loss
C - or spin me some yarn how the builder is not obliged to provide one.

Let you know how I get on.

Mac, good luck with that. Anyone would expect to have one wardrobe per bedroom so it's not as if you're asking for the moon!

If anyone else gets a call back for their 'final inspection' can they post to let the rest of us know - thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back