Lymewood Mews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the shower thing is annoying. I also put that on my snag and it was not done, so I bought another shower head holder thing in B&Q and screwed it into the tiles myself in the correct place. However, you can't remove the one above the taps without leaving ugly holes in the tiles (unless anyone has suggestions on how to fill tiles?). So now it is starting to rust!!
By the way is anyone's intercom working properly? I can now see and talk to visitors but can't let them in.
sm1

Muffin 1973 - No luck out of Wyse as of yet, as far as I am aware in the overground parking spaces 174 around to the rugby pitches are allocated to residents. Spaces 175 upwards I am not too sure about. I will keep trying to get confirmation, as if at least we know the numbers of the visitors spaces the visitors can come round!
I can understand everyone's fustration about the parking, it is starting to annoy me as I left a nice note on a vehicle asking them not to park in my space anymore only to find the same person doing it 3 times! Which I think is unfair.
By the sounds of things, people with 2 cars seem to be causing most of the problems as they don't know what to do with their second car as they have not purchased a second space. I only have one car and would have forked out if we had a second, I wouldn't be parking wherever or expecting to park in the visitor spaces!
Anyway I feel a bit better now that this is all off my chest!! Won't rave on any more, but will update when I get any info.

Cheers

ABE said:
I can understand everyone's fustration about the parking, it is starting to annoy me as I left a nice note on a vehicle asking them not to park in my space anymore only to find the same person doing it 3 times!
Cheers

Next time they do it, leave a note saying if they do it again you will remove the air from their tyres. :0

ABE - sometimes I can't believe people - you've left a message asking the same person not to park in your space and they keep on doing it?? It's so inconsiderate! And unnecessary as there are so many spaces. That's interesting about the spaces from 174 to the rugby pitch, I'll make sure none of my visitors park in those spaces. I take it your space is near the front door which is why people are so keen to use it?

I did email David and Emma and got responses from both - David said he'd be advising owners and residents about the carspaces before this weekend (haven't heard anything myself yet) and Emma said that David has a list of all the spaces and more would be available once everyone has moved in.

So far, the underground parking is working out ok although I can't understand why the carpark is left than half full most of the time.

Let me know if you hear anything else.

On another note, I got the No.4 bus home last night - got on at Westland Row around 5.40pm and got to the apartment by 6.30pm which wasn't bad...

M

ABE that is disgraceful that you have asked they not park and they still went ahead. Perhaps another more stern note and after that jdwex's solution to be considered.

On another point entirely different, has anyone in a 2/3bed thought of removing that black screen in 2nd bedroom and replace it with a window. It would give more light to the room and the cost would be minimal. I am sure i would have to get approval from the powers that be. Any thoughts?

hey yeah did think about it at one stage but its in my second b/room and as there is only a single waredrobe I am putting a tall cabinet there for extra storage! also means I don't need curatins / blinds on it!

Yeah a bit silly by the designers as the room would look alot better, it is like this in my master bedroom....wonder how much it would cost...? I have also thought about putting a storage space there and have the curtains cover it also...also the small window that faces my kitchen has a black bit at the end, this would also give more light to the dinnin area...

Easy Rider good call saw that also mmm....The cost of the glass wouldn't be more than €100, its not that large also depend on if double glazing or not. I think it was done to save money. I will give Wise a bell this week to see how it flys. I cant think of any objections.

At for blinds i decided to get blinds for it. I thought it look a little off just having blinds on one side and not the other. But extra storage it would be a great place.

The only objection I can see is the look and feel from the outside, e.g. if you look down the the apartment block from the outside it would be all black in one single line top to bottom, if a couple of people got glass it breaks that line and be easily recognised by the eye.

ABE
If I was you and it got to this stage I would have no worries in parking behind them and boxing them in.
If manners gets you no where it may have to come to something more deliberate!
There is a car that always parks on the kerb at the front door...everyday!like its their privelaged space.
Id love to box it in front and back for a while. Lazy yolk wont use allocated space, or if a tenant who does not know... will not try and find allocated space though landlord.

Any one get there census yet? Everyone else seems to have one.
maybe our "letterbox inspector" is filling in all ours for us!!
God help us if thats the case!:D

monkeyboy said:
ABE
If I was you and it got to this stage I would have no worries in parking behind them and boxing them in.
D
I did that in Temple Court and it nearly ended up in a fight!!
jd

Folks, parking is a constant problem in our development (a new development, but not Lymewood Mews).

Don't expect any solutions any time soon. Some people will always feel entitled to park where they want. If you leave a polite note, I have seen situations where that has been called 'cowardly' and others where the person leaving the note has been verbally abused (even though they were in the right).

People suck.

No sign of census arriving... still som time left i suppose. had note left on my windscreen but i did not park there again. wyse still very unsure where and how many visitor spots there will be...

In my dreams I have had thoughts of boxing in the car, clamping them (if only I know someone in the department of transport) and other horrible things, but where would it get any of us?

I am going to carry on and if I meet the offender in person I will talk to them about it! The only reason for the notes is I never meet the person. I have said it to a few people who apologised and have not done it again and all the people I have met in Lymewood are great fokes, it is just a small few...

On a seperate note on the window black out, I have noticed some people drilled through this for their alarm boxes and mine is partially on my room window and partially on a wardrobe so I don't know if you could actually remove it and put in glass, would be great though! When I was putting in my alarm I contacted Wyse who told me you cannot alter the outside appearance of the building in any manner without talking to them first... so this might be something you check with them.

I have still not got my Census yet or any mail recently, you are making me wonder.... Postman Prat! Ha ha

I see no reason why LWM could look after its own clamping. Any one big and bold enough to want to be the one who does it though!:D

Maybe those removable bollards would be an idea. I know they could be bought and installed for a couple of pound ( maybe 2/300). Depends on how much it annoys you if its worth while.
Obviously cheaper for a few together.
I think I am going to put a "reserved" sign on the wall behind my UG space. It should stop innocent parkers at least.

Or maybe David and Emma should get their ass in gear and start allocating the 2nd parking spaces!!! It is absolutely ridiculous. My name has been on the list for a 2nd car parking space, since the letters were sent out. I have continuously called and am still getting the same BS from all of them.

To be fair to David it is absoultely nothing to do with him, the sale of parking spaces, that may be why you are getting nothing firm from him!

He is being fed the same sh*t from Lyndonbarry about the visitor spaces. He obviously does not know any thing firm.

I also have not got a census, never got my annual bank statement either. I hope it is not 'you know who'. Did he get reported in the end or what happened?
I also have a huge black metal thing covering almost half my wall in my bedroom. Everyone coming in always commented on it (not in a positive way either!). I bought one of those huge leather mirrors and stood it on the window sill to cover it up and it looks good. I don't think we'd be allowed change it now, but imagine how nice it would have looked if all the black bits were extra windows!
As for the car spaces, it's shocking. I park underground and haven't had any problems, but only about 10 of us seem to be using it. I guess a lot of people can't be bothered going down in the lift (which is a pain alright, wonder why they didn't put stairs in?) and prefer to park out front.
Happy Easter.
sm1

Looks like the site opposite TLC is ready to go, I definitely never saw a planning application on the site since Oct. any one else, only one on the main gates similar was HEYWOOD. Its a bit worrying that they may have put up aplication recorded with photo and removed, an old trick where you expect trouble!:confused:

Is there anything that can be done towards safeguarding the letterboxes? Tickets were posted to me two weeks ago and I never received them...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back