Lymewood Mews

Status
Not open for further replies.
builders haven' left yet as still some more people not finished as far as i can see!

The number I used to call Dietrich is 086 8370394.
Emma could confirm this for you.

If you are speaking to him can you mention the leaking overhead pipes in the underground car park?

Oh Monkeyboy - " Everyone has a space, use it. Cars on kerb opposit spaces, who are not visitors, deserve to be tipped by " poor drivers " reversing out as they were restricted from behind.:D "

I am loving your idea I might give this one a try... people are always parking outside my balcony on the curb and I didn't really mind in the winter but I now want to use it and don't intend to look at someone's car...

Has anyone been to Mandalay yet? I am gonna give it a whirl

mandalay: expect to pay quite a bit 22e odd for mains and 8-12 for starters. It s a very nice place inside too with good service.
Yeah re "kerb Crawlers" there are a few people persistently parking on them for example the black Micra that lives there like its assigned the prime space beside the door!

Im gonna get me a clamp from Santry market, print up a few clamping notices and do nixers in the evening:D

Hi everyone,
At that management meeting did David Ward not say he was having a final snag of the common areas before signing off the builders??? I haven't seen any builders for ages, even though I'm waiting a call from Dietriech to fix something.
I have written a letter to David Ward listing the things I have noticed that aren't finished in the common areas (including that hole in the wall behind the door in the underground car park and the planting etc). Maybe if everyone wrote to him it might encourage him to do something about it.
Mandalay has been delicious anytime I've eaten there. Really like the bathrooms too.
sm1

Yeah I saw that. A lot of issues seem to come from that area.

Did anyone notice a Blue Impreza 04 L reg snooping around recently.
It followed cars in 3 times to basement, gad a spin, a look and then left.

Hey All,

There is a sign on the main door into b lock C about a motorbike that was stolen from the undergroun car park even though there were 4 locks on it! This is really not good news so beware if you are using the underground park.

Tried Mandalay last night and would have to say spot on.. totally fab food also went for a drink in the hotel, nice but a small bit pricey.

hi guys, sorry to hear you are having such problems! i'm just up the road in Temple Gardens and had all those problems you are having. we got CCTV cameras installed....also had our post box thiefs so got cameras on them too! i never had any problems but had issues in underground car park such as abandoned stolen cars etc, though in our case some genious decided that we didn't need gates on it - have been since installed! i have surface level car parking and lots of notes on parkers in my spot has done the job but must say the whole clamping threat has been a rather good deterrant anyway! though given that i have had to park elsewhere at times i never used that option in case it was someone in the same position! anti-social behaviour is par for the couse in an apt block, always going to gougers who could care less bout the area...the bin area with us was a joke, people would go as far as the bin bay and they leave ground beside the bin rather than lift the lid....now some poor guy in employed to keep the area clean!
as i say, ye are new kids on the block and things will probably settle down like in our case! Other development going up might take the shine of ye eventually! just be grateful you are a hand bag snatch away from M50 end of estate...Santry cross people are having an awful time of it over there!!!

I'm also waiting on Dietrich to have our windows inspected. I'd say we are leaking heat big time. When the windows are closed, you can still hear what's going on outside like they're wide open. They are not sealed properly throughout the apartment. We've called him 3 times and met him twice and he keeps making promises etc...called Emma yesterday and left a message. Will I ever have my windows looked at I wonder?!

I spoke to David on Thurs and told him about those guys on first floor of middle block smoking and hanging sheets over their balcony. Do people have an issue with bikes on balconies...can't really understand that one? Doesn't bother me at all!

And yes, laundry hanging fromthe window in the manner we saw today is totally unacceptable..it make the place look like the tennaments from the Commitments. This is another issue of many about that unit.

A private forum would be a very good idea also, any Web designers in LWM willing to advise?

I agree Monkeyboy, everyone just has to take note of the apartment and number, note what they were in violation of and have Wyse contact the landlord and get an eviciton.....

I think it is a shame that landlords are willing to rent to anyone, just to get money in as soon as possible and I think they have a lot to answer for....

Can anyone confirm what apartment the people left at 6-7 am this morning ?
Please do not mention the apartment number on AAM.

PM monkeyboy if you wish to address any issues.

Thanks

Marion

monkeyboy said:
We need to form a group on top of the mgt committe if needs be, that meets more often to drive actions. We need to be much more proactive.

Hi-
if the management committee is not effective/meeting often enough, call an EGM to have them replaced. "a group on top of the mgt committe " would have no legal status.
jd

I agree with all I think JD has misunderastood what I meant.
The Mgt committee, which I am on, meets.... ugghhh ONCE so far since Oct.
This is not enough! There is no group leader and the members do not all know each other. This is not a mechanism to succesfully manage Wyse.

1.We need a group of proactive people who DO know each other.
2.Meet more often to discuss and raise issues (over the mgt committee I meant more often)
3.Have one point of contact to raise agreed decisions to our Mgt Co and 1 point of contact to chase and liase with Wyse updating residents regularly.
4.A better familiarity of all owners to help identify when people are out of place.

Its not about overthrowing the mgt committe it is about increaing its frequncy and empowering them to make decisions based on regular feed back from other residents.
This week we must meet to discuss please PM myself and or Lucky.
Cheers for your time and effort to help.

Thanks for PMs people.

Aoife s idea is great. Meet at 7.30 on playground.
If you are not interested in attending you will still be welocome if something does affect you in the future.
Obviously we want to try and set up a community watch to watch each others backs.

Any one with the technical know how to set up the private web site would especially be encouraged to attend.

The site of residents getting together out there will be encouraging to others who will see.

hey steviec
new to this site but would appreciate if you could send me info on the new site

thanks jd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back