Lymewood Mews

Status
Not open for further replies.
mac123 said:
The site opposite TLC was part of the overall masterplan that was given planning permission for 1200 apartments a few years back.
I have been living in the Northwood area for a few years now and have never seen planning notices go up for Temple Court or Parklands, actually if you look at any of these brochures the outline development for the site opposite TLC is already decided which means planning has been pre-approved.
I am fairly sure they will be of similar design to Temple Gardens/Court etc.
Anyone know who the builders are gonna be ?

Hiya

Interesting link - have bought in Parklands myself and our builders are P Elliott & Co. These will be the builders for the development you mention here mac123 which are due to be released for sale in September 2006. I could see them on the brochure for Parklands and they are outlined on the map of Northwood too.

[broken link removed]

Dr P

Heywood Court are being built by Lyndonbarry and are being sold by Hamilton Osborne King and look more like phase 2 development of Lymewood Mews - out of pure nosiness got hold of the brochure to look through before they sold out. Might be wrong tho....

Can someone do me a favour? Can you measure the width of the front door and the living room door (sure they are the same) just so I can know what I can and can't fit into the apartment, don't have access to my apartment as it is still being snagged....cheers....

Yup Heywood is adjacent the astro turf behind the ply wood fence in behind the trees in the LWM gardens.
Lyndonbarry are developers 1 phase left to launch at some stage soon.

easy rider,
the narrowest part of the doors are 79cm wide, they are both the same. In my place there is a bend in the corridor so even though furniture fitted fine through the door it was a real squeeze getting them round the bend (lost lots of paint!). How long is your snag taking???
sm1

Cheers for that sm1, so that is around 31 inches I guess....my place has a door into my bedroom at the bend so I can push into the bedroom and back out....my snag is taking an age, first one done at the end of January, did a second a couple of weeks ago, still loads of stuff to do....

Got our census form last night - there's a guy going around giving them out so presumably you have to be home to get it, they're not just going to put them in the letterboxes...

Rather long isn't it? :)

Hi

Has anyone thought about next year and forming our own management company and booting Wyse out of here so we can look after our own homes?

Also, has anyone noticed those guys smoking constantly on the balcony of the first floor in the middle block at weird hours and throwing cigarette butts off the balcony to the ground? They hang laundry off the balcony railings too. Really annoying!

Aoife1 said:
Hi

Has anyone thought about next year and forming our own management company and booting Wyse out of here so we can look after our own homes?

!

Wyse are management agents. The owners are members of the management company.
Read here
http://www.wyse.ie/management.aspx

What changes would you make? Are yoiu volunteering to deal with all the day day stuff on behalf of the management company ?

jd

vladamir said:
why should Aoife1 volunteer?

as far as i remember from reading the figures, wyse are charging 40, 000 for their service.
She said
forming our own management company and booting Wyse out of here so we can look after our own homes?

If Wyse are charging too much, negotiate or change Agents. If you want to "look after our own homes" (No Agent?) someone will have to deal with the day to day stuff.

vladamir said:
, what i think is a fairly sharp remark, asking was this person willing to volunteer to essentially do the day to day work that wyse does at the moment.

my point was that the current agent is not a volunteer. that is all.

ok-didn't mean to be quite so sharp..

kkwamm dowin relacks relacks......:D

Its a good idea alright but cannot be done without a good pool of professional resources in the team. It would involve quite a lot of time and it would require some very dedicated people. A lot of the work could not be done after hours so it would need to be run by people with flexible or no work hours!
Id imagine LWM is way too big for this to work.
Maybe the people above Aoife mentions could run it for us they always seem around!! The letter box inspector lives there FYI.;)

Electric Fencer is required , we can hook it up to the bench! That give em a "Deadly Buzzz!"

Parking situation a bit unorganised to say the least. Why am I and 15 others or so the only ones in basement?
Is any one on this forum allocated a basement space they dont use for some reason? why if so? or is it alot rented units and other people dont have cars - do people know they can pick up the zappers?

Grr

Folks, you're problems sound very similar to our own, we are in a development that is roughly 2 years old, builders have been gone for quite a while now. Re. the parking-prepare to grit your teeth-I have seen some things (from residents and visitors) that you wouldn't believe.

Everyone has a space, use it. Cars on kerb opposit spaces, who are not visitors, deserve to be tipped by " poor drivers " reversing out as they were restricted from behind.:D

Box people in who take your space instead of snow balling the problem and taking other spaces;)

I did have a shouting match with a guy once and now we are good mates, we stop and chat all the time now when we see each other.

I park in my space all the time now and after a while no one else did as they got use to it being taken.

Hi there,

just wanted to check something about underground car-park "zapper" - my dad collected mine but he only received a grey swipe card - is this it?!

Also, is there a code for exiting carpark on foot?

Many thanks

Hi Schoko

yeah it's just a grey swipe card - you hold it above the red square which is marked on either side of the carpark gates and wave it about a bit and you can hear the gates click and then open - dunno about the code for walking out of the carpark, there is a key pad but we always park and go up in the lifts so it hasn't been an issue? David or Emma would know...

H

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back