Lymewood Mews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

I was just wondering about the parking situation. I am in block C and even though the underground park is open people are always parking in my space. I don't want the same to happen to anyone else so I am parking on the curb. Is anyone else haveing the same problem? and what are they doing about it. I am just noting the reg of the cars and submitting them to the management company!

Cheers

What eventually happened in Temple Court is that the management company reluctantly directed Wyse (the managing agent) to engage a Clamping Company. FWIW.

has anyone else had any problems with kitchen appliances? my dishwasher seems to have packed in and I can't find any info anywhere to explain what the error message on the machine means - ERR 4.

And to be fair - I think the clamping has sorted out the problems with people parking in reserved parking spaces. There will always be a few visitors etc. who will just park anywhere but I would say that in general the clamping in Temple Court has worked. 'Reserved' and 'Visitors' signs were put on all spaces so people know exactly where they can and cannot park.

I noticed that one resident had a "Space-saver" bar installed in their space to stop others parking there. Is that allowed?

schoko, about kitchen appliances. My washing machine didn't work since I moved in except for cycle 5, despite the builders looking at it on one occasion. I contacted Emma and she said to call Harvey Normans as all the white goods came from there. They are all guaranteed so you should be covered. Anyway, out of the blue, cycles 6 and 7 started working last night on my washer, so maybe yours will sort itself out too!
sm1

We had our dish
washer replaced. Got Harvey Norman out for a look, they changed a part, still no joy, then a new one. No probs since.

I have discovered a recent problem where the 'flicker' has stopped working on the cooker hob.
Should i contact Harvey Norman about this or anyone know if there something i could checking beforehand ?

Tia
Mac

ABE - we are parking in the underground parking now but we had visitors saturday and sunday and we have no idea where to tell them to park as the visitors carspaces haven't been allocated. I forgot there were people with overground carspaces myself. I would say people just don't think and are throwing their cars anywhere still out of habit and as they probably don't have the underground zappers yet. I suppose there just seems to be so many spaces for people to park in, that you don't think it will matter but I totally take your point, it would really annoy me as well if people kept parking in my space. Are you getting any joy out of Wyse?

I'll email Emma and see if she can tell me what the story is with it - the length of time it's taking Lydonbarry to mark out the carspaces is ridiculous.

hey there
gone for a while as was getting frustrated with the time it took to snag - double snag - triple snag etc.. Not that there was much to do at all but just not done!!!

But I closed last Friday and am so delighted to be finally almost in!!! The place is starting to look really good with people buzzing around and lights on etc.. and it seems to be a lot of owner occupiers hopefully it stays like that as much as ...!

So hello neighbours!! Looking forward to seeing you in some of the what sounds like 3 pubs.

I did my re-snag on Friday, 10 weeks after my first, it is still two pages longs .... still no tiles down in the kitchen! I mean why bring me up and make me take a half day off work? still plenty to do in the bedroom, especially with the wondows being scratched the frames and the glass...Also the pull up lever in the ensuite bathroom, how is anyone expected to pull that up due to it's proximety to the wall?

Finally someone has nicked my manual for the cooker, shelves for the fridge and the two burners off my gas hob...probably the builders using it for another snag, but still...annoying

Okay rant over :-(

You know the shower hose in the main bathroom, is everybodies drilled on just above the tap in the bath? I was under the impression we would have a 'shower' in the main bathroom!

There is a shower head with a little shower holder, there is an apartment for rent on daft and that has a picture of what it should look like...

Does anyone know if our skirting board is glued on? As I am getting floor boards I want to know if they can be taken off easily or if I will have to used ridges around the skirting...

Oh god poor you easy rider what a nightmare - completely feel your pain as they did that to me also and my friend - took three visits and still not right then I had to close without a final viewing. I was not allowed for re-inspection and just had to take them at their word and were within their rights - unbelievable!! Anyway I'm closed now and hopefully will have plain sailing from here!

shower situ unreal why they would do that is just strange also in my type of apt the radiator seems to be put on the 'feature' wall - for ease and less cost I'd imagine.
Only answer to shower hose prob is to put another holder at the top!

I would get my solicitors to stop them from making me close if it was any major things to be done, however, everything else such as minor things are generally carried out while you are living there, however by the time I move in nobody will be onsite and that is what I am afraid of.

completely agree, that was my porblem. In fairness they were only minor things but I felt I'd never see them again. But to be fair they have fixed some of the outstanding altough one or two still to do!

Shower holders in the main bathroom in Temple Court were also placed just above the taps. I included this on my snag list but was told that it was standard in the development for some reason. The foreman just gave me a spare one and I did it myself. A bit strange though....

Skirting is glued and nailed on. It is quite tricky to get them off, expect to cause a little damage. Nothing however that a slightly higher skirt or a new bit of filler and paint will not hide though.
Next time Ill remember to request them not be fixed as we put new skirting on all together.
Worth the effort though, looks far better than putting the small scotia strip on top over the skirting I think.

Having skirting removed is recommended. I have seen both and with it removed looks alot better. Also for resale later down the road.

As for showers I have removed the shower head in ensuit and put in large Savoy type shower head and just connected the hose. I have to get an extra long hose in Atlantic homecare(i think) to put the same shower head in main bathroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back