Affordable Housing Process/Plans in Cork City

Does anyone know anything about the development in Model Farm Road, Riverside Farm, 7 x 2bed apartments. Where are they? Are they built even?!

As far as I know the apartments wont be given out until next year. And knowing the council... that's going to be longer. Phase three of shanakiel is due to be released at the end of this year. Apart from that it seems that no developments are in the pipe line

Any updates on Ard Sionnach?
Have the mortgage sorted, handing over deposit this week i think.
Any updates guys with getting the keys? Moving in etc?

Does anyone know anything about the development in Model Farm Road, Riverside Farm, 7 x 2bed apartments. Where are they? Are they built even?!

Ooops sorry about last post!

I got my letter re that development 2 weeks ago. I presume everybody did?

Any updates on Ard Sionnach?
Have the mortgage sorted, handing over deposit this week i think.
Any updates guys with getting the keys? Moving in etc?

we are signing mortgage papers tomorrow and have a guy lined up for snag list in a weeks time.is your snag done?or did they ask for deposit before u did snag?IMO everything will be nearly finished in few weeks but its the council who will set it all back by months.its so close now but so far because of council:mad:

Ooops sorry about last post!

I got my letter re that development 2 weeks ago. I presume everybody did?

Hi, yeah i guess they did, was just wondering did anyone know exactly where they are, but i've asked around and from what I can find out the apartments are not built yet so that's a long wait on those ones!!!

The City Council generate a lot of paperwork for themselves sending a mailshot to the entire panel of applicants for only 7 apartments.

Still good to get something to you know your still on the list!

Hi, yeah i guess they did, was just wondering did anyone know exactly where they are, but i've asked around and from what I can find out the apartments are not built yet so that's a long wait on those ones!!!

The City Council generate a lot of paperwork for themselves sending a mailshot to the entire panel of applicants for only 7 apartments.

Still good to get something to you know your still on the list!

They are apparently on the Model farm Road, across from the old Tennis Village.

I want to be off the list now, and into a house! :D

we are signing mortgage papers tomorrow and have a guy lined up for snag list in a weeks time.is your snag done?or did they ask for deposit before u did snag?IMO everything will be nearly finished in few weeks but its the council who will set it all back by months.its so close now but so far because of council:mad:

I haven't paid the deposit yet and havent been told when snag list can be done. Builders are pressuring solicitor for the depoist though.
Have you paid you're deposit yet?

I haven't paid the deposit yet and havent been told when snag list can be done. Builders are pressuring solicitor for the depoist though.
Have you paid you're deposit yet?

signed with solicitor today.all the work the council use to do has now been passed to solicitor which is great news.snag list is the next thing and once that is sorted the solicitor sorts everything out with builders incl deposit which he can take or can be given to builder.we are giving it to solicitor as if anything goes awry we can get it back.and then he gave us great news in his opinion everything should be done and dusted by end of august/start of september.:D whoever made decision to pass work on to solicitors and away from the council should be given a medal.we expected to be waiting til next year for the keys.

price of solicitor went up because of extra work involved on his part but for few extra quid it really is money well spent.

signed with solicitor today.all the work the council use to do has now been passed to solicitor which is great news.snag list is the next thing and once that is sorted the solicitor sorts everything out with builders incl deposit which he can take or can be given to builder.we are giving it to solicitor as if anything goes awry we can get it back.and then he gave us great news in his opinion everything should be done and dusted by end of august/start of september.:D whoever made decision to pass work on to solicitors and away from the council should be given a medal.we expected to be waiting til next year for the keys.

price of solicitor went up because of extra work involved on his part but for few extra quid it really is money well spent.

I've signed everything with the solicitor aswell.
No idea when the house will be ready though.
Like you I'll wait to hear about the snag list.
Once we're told to get this its an indication of the house being complete.
Went up there yesterday for a sneaky look at some of the houses.
The back gardens are nice and big and the kitchen and living room in th e 3 bedroom houses are massive. Delighted
Couldnt get near my own as they're still working on the roads there.

Hey all,
Supposed to be signing off on one of the 2 beders this or next week as soon as final approval for the loan is given.

Does the timeline go as follows:
Mortgage approval
Sign contract and pay deposit
Snagging
Full payment.

Or does the snagging get done before the signing of the contract.

Anyone have a snagger to recommend?
Thanks.

Hey all,
Supposed to be signing off on one of the 2 beders this or next week as soon as final approval for the loan is given.

Does the timeline go as follows:
Mortgage approval
Sign contract and pay deposit
Snagging
Full payment.

Or does the snagging get done before the signing of the contract.

Anyone have a snagger to recommend?
Thanks.

I think its snagging then full payment.
I'm also looking for recommendations for an engineer for snagging

I've signed everything with the solicitor aswell.
No idea when the house will be ready though.
Like you I'll wait to hear about the snag list.
Once we're told to get this its an indication of the house being complete.
Went up there yesterday for a sneaky look at some of the houses.
The back gardens are nice and big and the kitchen and living room in th e 3 bedroom houses are massive. Delighted
Couldnt get near my own as they're still working on the roads there.

my place was snagged on monday.the builders will attack the list next week and then engineer will check their work.we did our own snag list and gave it to engineer just in case he missed something.obviously he knows best but even solicitor said do your own it all helps.once engineer is happy that no more work needs to be done the solicitor says we give him go ahead and money will be drawn down plus our deposit and he will hand everything over to builders then in exchange for the keys.he says he cant see any reason why keys shopuldnt be ready for us by end of august.fingers crossed.at least we can get around to pricing stuff for house now.engineer we used was ciaran odlum.he is highly recommended and works for our solicitor.we know people who have used him in the past and he is very good.he might be helpful for u too.sorry dont have his number on me at the moment but id say it ll be easy to find.

just recieved phonecall and builders have started the snag list already!!!and should be ready for final inspection on wednesday.:D

vbmenu_register("postmenu_460573", true);

The back gardens are nice and big and the kitchen and living room in th e 3 bedroom houses are massive.

if u dont mind me asking did u get 3 bed terraced or semi-detached?
im happy with my place(3 bed terraced)but didnt think they were massive.
just wondering:)

vbmenu_register("postmenu_460573", true);

The back gardens are nice and big and the kitchen and living room in th e 3 bedroom houses are massive.

if u dont mind me asking did u get 3 bed terraced or semi-detached?
im happy with my place(3 bed terraced)but didnt think they were massive.
just wondering:)

I got a 3 bed terrace too, I may have gotten carried away when I said they looked massive ;).
I'd say they looked bigger than I was expecting

The new batch of letters that have gone out re expression of interest for houses in the new development in Togher...does anyone know more about the development? Is it like Shanakiel, i.e. mostly affordable housing or is it a mix of social and/or private .... Oh and is it built yet or years off completion?!

Back