Affordable Housing Process/Plans in Cork City

Re: Affordable Housing Process in Cork City

I was offered a house in rathcormac last week and i am delighted with it, i have seen the showhouse but not sure what type i am going to be offered yet. does anyone know the process here after the letter telling you that you are going to be offered a house how long until you actually get the key's etc....?

hi, were you offered a house in shanowen?

Has anyone heard of anything moving on the Cork City affordable housing list recently? Seems to be very quiet at the moment, or is it?!!

Well judging from another post on this site milestream in shankiel are next on the list with the corporation looking for deposits

Hi All,
Hope ye are all well settled by now. Can any of ye give me some advice about an engineer? Or recommend 1 ! Ive been offered a house in Heron's Wood, Carrigaline and think I should get an engineer to check it out.

Has anyone heard anything from the Cork corp over the last few weeks bar shankiel?

Because its a points based system, you just have to wait it out. I was on a list for an AH in Ballincollig for 3 years before they got back to me. At least thats done now and its at the solicitors stage before I get the keys :)

Someone told me they were offered a house in skehard road but the Cork corp claim that these wont be offered til Aug/Sept. Anyone heard anything about these?

I got this email yesterday, it may be useful..

Notice from the Cork City Council Housing Department

We will be hosting two information evenings
on affordable housing:
Wednesday 2nd July and Wednesday 9th July

in the Millenium Hall, City Hall, Cork.

Cork City Council staff will be on hand on both nights to answer any queries on affordable housing.

Also, five lending institutions will be available on the night to answer mortgage queries.

Log onto www.corkcoco.ie for more information.

Thanks for that, I must go along and try to get some answers. Any idea what time it will be on? I can't find any info on either www.corkcoco.ie or [broken link removed]

Hi Nicola,
The evening sessions are from 4 to 8 on both evenings. I went to the Cork County Council one about 3 weeks ago and basically all they have is stands from the various institutions and a stand representing the council if you have any questions/need application forms. It's a good thing to go because I found that the downloadable forms from the website can differ from what is handed out.

Hi Nicola,
The evening sessions are from 4 to 8 on both evenings. I went to the Cork County Council one about 3 weeks ago and basically all they have is stands from the various institutions and a stand representing the council if you have any questions/need application forms. It's a good thing to go because I found that the downloadable forms from the website can differ from what is handed out.

thanks a lot, i will pop along after work tomorrow! i'm pretty confused about applying for affordable housing mortgages, council say you must submit mortgage approval along with your application but mortgage crowds are saying you need confirmation of your affordable housing application in order to be able to apply so i need answers!!!

thanks a lot, i will pop along after work tomorrow! i'm pretty confused about applying for affordable housing mortgages, council say you must submit mortgage approval along with your application but mortgage crowds are saying you need confirmation of your affordable housing application in order to be able to apply so i need answers!!!

Hi Nicola,
I just applied for the county council affordable housing. I submitted provisional mortage approval with the application and it was from one of the institutions that had a stand at the open evening the county council had a few weeks ago. From what I can gather, the application requirements and process seems to have changed and fairly recently too. It didn't take me long to get what I needed for the county council application so I'm assuming/hoping it's the same for the city council. I think you almost needed to have your granny's birth certificate for the application a year or two ago. Good luck this evening!

Hi Nicola_Mark,

Can you tell me how the information night went? I was unable to make it

Hi Nicola_Mark,

Can you tell me how the information night went? I was unable to make it

The information night was ok - the main thing i found out was that you only need to submit mortgage approval in principle along with your application to the council. there wasn't anything else new really. i think there is another one this wednesday - it's worth going along to get to chat to them if you have any other questions, they were all very approachable.

hi everyone
just applied for the affordable housing? would love to know how long the wait is? how long have people been waithing for their affordable home? would like to get info on it. i know im going to be waiting a few years but its worth a try i suppose.

Back