Affordable Housing Process/Plans in Cork City

For those interested, I heard on the grapevine that there were approx 20 houses allocated out in the last batch for Shanakiel and there will be about the same again allocated in the next couple of weeks.

How many houses are there in the development in total including the ones for sale on the open market?

For those interested, I heard on the grapevine that there were approx 20 houses allocated out in the last batch for Shanakiel and there will be about the same again allocated in the next couple of weeks.

How many houses are there in the development in total including the ones for sale on the open market?

i know there was ninety houses just in beech avenue.so it could be 4or5 times that amount in total

i think its a show house as far as i know.i ve seen the house i got offered already but the other houses are pratically identical.im away this weekend so wont be able to go so im glad i did get to see it.

How did you manage to see the house you were offered already?
Did you contact the builders?
I was working for the openday so didnt make it up there.

Does anyone know how long we will be waiting before we actually get the keys

Just to let all ye other desperate people know, I was on to the City Council and they said there would be a 3rd phase of Shanakiel on offer later in the Summer. A mixture of apartments and houses.
Silversprings will also be available then.
They are also going to divide up the city into areas and we must choose what areas we are interested in. That sounds like the same as the County Council do.

Just to let all ye other desperate people know, I was on to the City Council and they said there would be a 3rd phase of Shanakiel on offer later in the Summer. A mixture of apartments and houses.
Silversprings will also be available then.
They are also going to divide up the city into areas and we must choose what areas we are interested in. That sounds like the same as the County Council do.
Hi BB,

Did you hear any more from the county council regarding the houses that are coming up?

BB,
Have you got called for interview or anything for Douglas? They are meant to be in the process of interviews at the moment - was just wondering as I dont know of anyone who has been interviewed as of yet! I was told the last time I rang that I will be def getting an interview for the Ballincollig area over the next few weeks. Really trying not to get my hopes up yet though!

BB,
Have you got called for interview or anything for Douglas? They are meant to be in the process of interviews at the moment - was just wondering as I dont know of anyone who has been interviewed as of yet! I was told the last time I rang that I will be def getting an interview for the Ballincollig area over the next few weeks. Really trying not to get my hopes up yet though!

DJ, I haven't, and don't think I will be unfortunately. Seemingly there was some mix-up with my initial application, and although I wasn't told about it on time, it still meant that I was excluded from initial offers :(

that s great news.had a sneaky preview of my one.very happy with it and my contact there says the houses are steel frame and have great insulations as standard.he named them all out but i wouldnt be able to re name at the moment.he said they will be very warm houses and well insulated for noise too.if u dont mind me asking where abouts did u get one?was it mile avenue,the mews or one of the rest?

We live in Phase 1 - Beech Tree Avenue and we have to say that we are absolutely delighted with the house. We found the guys on site working for the builders to be really helpful too. This certainly helps to ease the stress of moving house etc...

How did you manage to see the house you were offered already?
Did you contact the builders?
I was working for the openday so didnt make it up there.

friend of mine works with flemings so asked for a favour.even the mortgage side of things seems to be taking forever too.would u have any idea when we might get in there?im being pessimistic/realistic and think it will be 2008!!

friend of mine works with flemings so asked for a favour.even the mortgage side of things seems to be taking forever too.would u have any idea when we might get in there?im being pessimistic/realistic and think it will be 2008!!

Yeah our mortgage is taking ages.
Just getting all of the paperwork is a pain.
And our banks arent helping much either, we request statements for 6 months and the only stamp one page etc.
My girlfriend asked AIB for a staement of her loan for the last 12 months and we got a bank statement for the last 10 days.
A windup.
We dont think we'll be in till next year either.

As far as the deposit is concerned, who am I paying that to and when?

Yeah our mortgage is taking ages.
Just getting all of the paperwork is a pain.
And our banks arent helping much either, we request statements for 6 months and the only stamp one page etc.
My girlfriend asked AIB for a staement of her loan for the last 12 months and we got a bank statement for the last 10 days.
A windup.
We dont think we'll be in till next year either.

As far as the deposit is concerned, who am I paying that to and when?

good question!!!didnt think about that.well i suppose that will be the one thing that will move quickly!!everything else will take ages.

any updates on mortgage movements or handover?

Was in Shanakiel Phase 2 yesterday with our friends who are getting a house there. These houses seems to be completely finished..While we were there the grass was even been cut in the backgardens and open spaces at this stage its there so long!! My friends house has been finished with over 2 months but the City Council application process is really slowing the whole thing down... She is desperate to get in.

Was in Shanakiel Phase 2 yesterday with our friends who are getting a house there. These houses seems to be completely finished..While we were there the grass was even been cut in the backgardens and open spaces at this stage its there so long!! My friends house has been finished with over 2 months but the City Council application process is really slowing the whole thing down... She is desperate to get in.

ya i wish they would give us some idea even a rough guess to when keys will be handed over.

ya i wish they would give us some idea even a rough guess to when keys will be handed over.

We just think its amazing to see houses lying idle for months and months and there is a housing shortage!! We live in Phase 1 and there are still empty houses in our park, and half the country crying out for homes!!! A scandal!
The paper side with the City Council really needs to be improved in this process..... It is and was for us incredibly frustrating for a purchaser to be looking at their fully completed home and have it tied up in red tape with the Council for months..... all the time lying idle! So I do sympatise with everyone in Phase 2 who is in this situation again..But hang in their...and make sure that your mortgage is totally sorted.....

We just think its amazing to see houses lying idle for months and months and there is a housing shortage!! We live in Phase 1 and there are still empty houses in our park, and half the country crying out for homes!!! A scandal!
The paper side with the City Council really needs to be improved in this process..... It is and was for us incredibly frustrating for a purchaser to be looking at their fully completed home and have it tied up in red tape with the Council for months..... all the time lying idle! So I do sympatise with everyone in Phase 2 who is in this situation again..But hang in their...and make sure that your mortgage is totally sorted.....

when your mortgage was sorted how long before u were given the keys to your house?my mortgage guy says once everything has been submitted it should take no more than 2 weeks for it to be passed but he has no idea about time for council.as far as i know in caseys land it took about 7 months after being told the house was yours that the keys were handed over!!!!

Back