Affordable Housing Process/Plans in Cork City

hey lads,

I got a letter about Togher a while ago and just wondering have letters gone out regarding hase 3 of Shanakiel yet? Losing hope fast!!

Hi Kenny,

No letters have gone out re. Shanakiel 3 yet. Well, I've got none yet anyway!

And I do know what you mean about the hope-fade..

I know we're all trying to not call the offices too much but any volunteers to give a call to ask when Shanakiel Phase 3 will be allocated and if there's such a phase, some people believe that Shanakiel is fully allocated. I dont know what to believe anymore but I cant ring again...was on last week with financial queries so cant ring again this week!

:D got my keys on friday.......at last.all going well be in there in about 2 to 3 weeks.

i have heard that phase 3 is duplex buildings if thats any help guys.

:D got my keys on friday.......at last.all going well be in there in about 2 to 3 weeks.

i have heard that phase 3 is duplex buildings if thats any help guys.

Congrats. Our snag list is 99% done so all going well should close the sale in the next few weeks.
How long between yor snag list being completed etc and you getting the keys?
any delays?

I know we're all trying to not call the offices too much but any volunteers to give a call to ask when Shanakiel Phase 3 will be allocated and if there's such a phase, some people believe that Shanakiel is fully allocated. I dont know what to believe anymore but I cant ring again...was on last week with financial queries so cant ring again this week!

It'll be another month or so before the letters go our for Shanakiel Phase 3. Togher Road will probably go out about the same time.

It'll be another month or so before the letters go our for Shanakiel Phase 3. Togher Road will probably go out about the same time.

Thanks for that, sure what's another month or so to us all !!!

My turn next to ring so, i'll leave it a week or two until i've more than one question, get value out of my phone call !!

Hi Folks
Just been reading through your site... interesting read, but have been offered place at Ashmount Mews, any opinions out there?
It's great location, but seems very pricey!
Thanks

hi, just wondering if anyone could give me some info on the points system?

Hi Folks
Just been reading through your site... interesting read, but have been offered place at Ashmount Mews, any opinions out there?
Thanks

That's great for you, congrats. Was it house or apartment and at what price?
As for Location, Ashmount is a nice place and fairly central, have friends living there since it was first built and they love it, I guess all depends on how suitable the location is to the person but never heard anything negative about the area.

Hi Folks
Thanks

Congrats!

How/when did you get offered Ashmount?? I've been on the list for that for about 2 years and have heard squat :(

Congrats. Our snag list is 99% done so all going well should close the sale in the next few weeks.
How long between yor snag list being completed etc and you getting the keys?
any delays?

approx 2 months.only delay was solicitor sent everything off but never put in homebond and no one would have said a thing only we enquired to the delay.so if u have no delays id say roughly it should be around 4 weeks.

Hey Guy's,

We've been having some difficulty closing our sale in phase 2 of Ard Sionnach.
Basically our solicitor has advised us not to close yet as the house's in phase 2 are in bad deed.
The deed is missing a document( " Deed of Eavences" i think ) which garuntees access to the housing estate.
Our houses are being built by Flemings but our road access is owned by Coleman's , who're building MileStream.
According to my solictor Flemings and Colemans need to reach an agreement before the house's deed is sorted.
This is a real pain as Flemings told our solicitor they were ready to close weeks ago and the problem was only noticed when contracts were sent.

Has anyone else encountered similar problems?

has anybody heard anything at all lately about allocation of new property in the Cork City council area????

Hi BB, I've heard of a few allocations in Ashmount alright but nothing else. Its really nice development both inside and out.

Hi BB, I've heard of a few allocations in Ashmount alright but nothing else. Its really nice development both inside and out.

Yes, I heard that through the grapevine but I heard nothing directly from the CC.
I believe there are still a few properties in Shanakiel (phase3) and the development in Togher to come up soon, but probably after Christmas at this stage

Togher as far as I know is 75% social housing and 25% affordable, cant remember how many units in the development, approx 70 I think.

As for Shanakiel, I wonder will the problems with the road access delay matters greatly:confused: ...

I've heard the the numbers on the afford. housing lists these days are huge, is there plans in the pipeline for more developments like Shanakiel or is their pipeline empty I wonder for a few years.

Anyway out of our control, waiting game still :(

Hi,
Does anybody have any idea on the houses allocated in Ashmount.I was wondering if they are the apartment or the terrace houses.
Thanks.

Hi,
Does anybody have any idea on the houses allocated in Ashmount.I was wondering if they are the apartment or the terrace houses.
Thanks.

Hi chicken, from what I can remember way back when they first mentioned them, I believe they are all apartments

Togher as far as I know is 75% social housing and 25% affordable, cant remember how many units in the development, approx 70 I think.

As for Shanakiel, I wonder will the problems with the road access delay matters greatly:confused: ...

I've heard the the numbers on the afford. housing lists these days are huge, is there plans in the pipeline for more developments like Shanakiel or is their pipeline empty I wonder for a few years.

Anyway out of our control, waiting game still :(

Yeah, the Togher development worries me a little. I was under the misguided naive belief that the whole affordable housing scheme was put together to avoid council housing-estates...not create them??

Back