Affordable housing Dunlaoghaire Rathdown-Parkview, Belarmine & Thornwood

I was onto the council last week and they said they haven't even got the grange on there books yet, they know its on the way but they have no idea when, I can't imagine it's going to be anytime soon from the sounds of it. I wanted to check out what all the options where before I made my final decision, the main ones at the minute are BSQ and Beechwood.

As far as I know the Grange was not offering Affordable/social housing and hence DLRCOCO have had to pursue through the legal process. So that could take a while and they'll probably end up with a cheque instead.

I got a letter back in Feb 08 saying the council were ready to offer a place to us - when we inquired where it was we were told it was the Grange... We still havent been told anything else and when we ring them they say they have no idea when they are going to be able to offer one(but we definately will get the offer in the grange)

I was up in the Beacon yesterday doing my desnag on the 4th floor, 4 of the apartments people have moved in already and all the 1 beds on the 6th floor have occupants. I'm just waiting on a closing date now.

People seem to be closing in Beacon bit by bit alright. I closed a week ago but won't be fully moved in until the end of the month. Was that figure from the builders? I reckon from the post boxes that there are about 8 people with keys so far.

I was up in the Beacon yesterday doing my desnag on the 4th floor, 4 of the apartments people have moved in already and all the 1 beds on the 6th floor have occupants. I'm just waiting on a closing date now.

Ehhh sounds like someone has moved into my apartment then!

I am in a one bed on the 6th floor and due to f ups with First Active, my mortgage people, I have not yet got my keys let alone moved it.

Ehhh sounds like someone has moved into my apartment then!

I am in a one bed on the 6th floor and due to f ups with First Active, my mortgage people, I have not yet got my keys let alone moved it.

I'm only saying what the builder said!

We should be closing in a week or two according to our solicitor cant come quick enough.

I'm only saying what the builder said!

We should be closing in a week or two according to our solicitor cant come quick enough.

Hope that is right but that is what I was told 4 weeks ago by them and only closing this week but I think they are in a big rush now to get everyone sorted in June if possible.

I still don't even know if everything following my de-snag has been done as haven't been able to get up there during the working day and they won't allow access after 5.30/6pm.

has anyone arranged blinds for apartments? I am wondering how much i need to budget? or who people used!

So far I am only getting a blackout roman blind for the large bedroom window and have been quoted €450 for that but I have to confirm my choice yet.

As I am not overlooked in the Cube area I am not in a rush to get a blind/curtain for there but the guys are calling out next week to give me a quote on it.

I went with AAA Blinds as they were able to give a estimated quote over the phone as they have done a lot of work up there and then able to come out and measure within a couple of days.

The guy in AAA is going on holidays next week I think so that may delay it a bit for anyone who needs it done immediately.

I am not in a rush as don't plan to move in until the start of July as have to wait for tiles, carpets, suite & bed to be delivered/put down and I still need to find a good person to build and fit my few bits of furniture.

On the contracts its says blinds /curtians must be white facing out. How strict are they on this anybody know. I have seen block 7 and there are loads of different colour blinds/ curtians?

On the contracts its says blinds /curtians must be white facing out. How strict are they on this anybody know. I have seen block 7 and there are loads of different colour blinds/ curtians?

Obviously as I haven't moved in I don't know how strict they will be but even sitting outside in Starbucks the other day I could see a number of apartments in Edges 1 that have wooden blinds and when viewing on Cubes 7 the other week I saw across to Edges 3 where someone has a lovely bright green and yellow bedspread as their curtain!

I am planning on going with a neutral colour for facing out, a cream or sandy colour, white could be too hard to keep clean.

You only need to walk about the complex to see that a few people don't really care about that rule - so I don't think its enforced much!

You only need to walk about the complex to see that a few people don't really care about that rule - so I don't think its enforced much!

From reading the Beacon board a lot of things are not enforced such as late night/early morning parties so much for 11pm stop time and now from what I read the people already in Cubes 8 are leaving the bin area and carpets a mess.

Got my keys today finally so can't wait to start getting the flooring people in and furniture delivered.

Plan to do that next week and move in the week the start of July.

From reading the Beacon board a lot of things are not enforced such as late night/early morning parties so much for 11pm stop time and now from what I read the people already in Cubes 8 are leaving the bin area and carpets a mess.

come on, will you give the place a chance, i'm in the last 2 weeks,

no problems, the rubish is from the lads still working there doing every1 snag, these are labourers not office clerks, we can't say anything about partys because there are too few people living here,

we signed we the promise off the builder that they would fix a few things that were'nt done in the snag and they have done it striaght away.

all in all we a are delighted with everything and understand it will take a while for everyone to settle in

come on, will you give the place a chance, i'm in the last 2 weeks,

no problems, the rubish is from the lads still working there doing every1 snag, these are labourers not office clerks, we can't say anything about partys because there are too few people living here,

we signed we the promise off the builder that they would fix a few things that were'nt done in the snag and they have done it striaght away.

all in all we a are delighted with everything and understand it will take a while for everyone to settle in

I am giving the place a chance, I was just letting it be know what was being said about the block on the other board, it was not and is not my opinion. I do think that the builders should have left the plastic protection on the carpet a bit longer till there were a good number of people moved it. It looks very tired already from all the heavy items and work going on, hopefully a professional clean will freshen it up and hopefully the cost is covered under management fees!

I have started to move in and have a number of quibbles with the condition of my apartment so have sent a long list off to see what can be done.

Back