Affordable housing Dunlaoghaire Rathdown-Parkview, Belarmine & Thornwood

Heard back and my apartment was looked over today and most things, as far as I know, agreed on so it looks like it will all be ok even if it takes a few days longer to move in than I hoped.

Glad to see that I was listed too.

Has anyone else had their BSQ property value changed by Landmark to reflect the lower prices offered on their new release?? As a result my clawback has been changed.

Has anyone else had their BSQ property value changed by Landmark to reflect the lower prices offered on their new release?? As a result my clawback has been changed.

No.

I tried that angle through DLRCOCO but they said they weren't doing that as Landmark could sell at whatever price they wanted and we were getting a parking space included in our purchase price.

I have already got my keys and signed everything so presume it is too late.

Heard back and my apartment was looked over today and most things, as far as I know, agreed on so it looks like it will all be ok even if it takes a few days longer to move in than I hoped.

Glad to see that I was listed too.

Good to hear that the problems are getting sorted!!!

Looks like the first block of Parkview is finally moving. Anyone get exact figures re mgt fees for their apt?

Also is there anyone who is finished the process in Dun Laoghaire Rathdown who could advise what your total solicitors fee was - with vat and searches included?

anyone heard of any move on Parkview or what the delay is there exactly? thanks

I am also wondering about this. Last I heard from DLRCoCo they had just gotten back the new market value quotations. Has anyone heard more?

Also which is block one? Is it the one nearest the creche?

hey was able to measure up my apt on Friday, a family member did it for me. The kitchen is tiled & the kitchen floor has some sort of flooring, not lino. I didnt think they tiled the kitchen so i am happy, saved me a few bob. the first block is the one nearest the creche.

Thanks Rubypenny.

Does anyone know what the new market valuations are?

its been reduced to 375k for my apt not sure about the rest. the purchase price is still the same. mgt fee just found out are 1,800 a year. that sounds very expensive i thought it be between 1,200 to 1,500

Management fee is ridiculously high. If you buy privately in Parkview now the mgt fee is €1,400. We should all query this. What exactly does it include. Will they maintain the sloped area to the rear that has been planted with trees and grass (high weeds at the moment). I'm also interested to know if council pay the same mgt fee per social unit as we pay for affodable ones. What percentage of apts there are social? The council always block vote where they own units. This will leave us with no power over mgt issues in the future - it has happened in other areas.

I must add that I love Parkview, am delighted to be offered something there. The above are still concerns though.

Does anyone know what the story is with paying snagging fees to the council? Snagging fees for parkview are €295 yet we have not carried out a snag? Are they saying snagging is complete and we have no recourse to request further fixes? To buy a new apt without doing your own snag seems crazy - and then to pay €295 for the snag?? A few of the apts I viewed looked as if a washing machine wouldn't fit in the designated space. Anyone measured this?

They also say in the letter that mgt fees are in the region of €1800. We really need to know what the exact figure is.

They are requesting legal, administrative and snag fees straight away before contracts are signed. Will these be refundable if we pull out / can't get mortgage? My own AIP was valid 6 months ago so if we have to begin again and lots has changed re bank lending. I think I'll need more than the two weeks they're giving us...

45 units voluntary housing through cluid, not sure the breakdown per block. not sure if any being offered social also. 1800 a month for management fees is pretty hefty given its 18 euro per month for service fees for the voluntary!

45 units voluntary housing through cluid, not sure the breakdown per block. not sure if any being offered social also. 1800 a month for management fees is pretty hefty given its 18 euro per month for service fees for the voluntary!

I am Speechless

yep, you should be. obviously management company making up their losses by overcharging the affordable housing and completely defeating the purpose but thats definitely the service charge per month for voluntary/social.

but do the council not have to pay the socials mgt fees? I have waited long enough to get my Palace in Parkveiw I dont mind waiting even further if something can be done about this. And I think if we all put in our spoke we could get somewhere. I think i might be getting in touch with good awl Olivia Mitchell

as i said, not sure what the story is with regards to how much social housing is in the blocks. the voluntary units have been purchased by Cluid so they are in effect the management company for these units alone so assume this is why the fee is so low but theres no doubt someone somewhere is making up for the money being lost on these units. how else is it possible to justify a fee of more €400 dearer than if you'd bought privately. disgraceful

Last edited:
OK i am bit lost Cluid bought apts in Parkview? why would they do that? Do you think there would be any chance in getting the price down? I for one am going to do my best.

Back