Affordable housing Dunlaoghaire Rathdown-Parkview, Belarmine & Thornwood

Hmm...I'm buying in BSQ alright but I was told that there would be a council 'administration' fee............which was of a fairly hefty amount I might add - I'd understand an small amount.

Hi,

What kind of solicitors fees have people been paying for the purchase of an affordable home? So far we have seen varying quotes has anyone got any recommendations for a solicitor? We are buying in BSQ? Thanks.

Hi,

What kind of solicitors fees have people been paying for the purchase of an affordable home? So far we have seen varying quotes has anyone got any recommendations for a solicitor? We are buying in BSQ? Thanks.

I was quoted approximately €2,000 and from what I remember of the conversation €500 or €550 of that is the land registery fee.

Waiting to see though as I haven't completed yet so no bills. I also used a surveyor so waiting on a bill for that too. My only pay out (not including deposits and furnishings) was for the valuation for the mortgage and I was charged €130 for that.

Was up in BSQ at the weekend to view the showhomes in Cubes 7 and noticed that out of all the blocks (Cubes and Edges), Cubes 8 is the only one not to have the name etched on the main entrance door.

I hope that it is the only thing left to do and they are nearly finished up.

Last edited:
hi my solicitors fees at €1500-€1600 they havent indicated there are any over-runs on their side which i may have to pay. If u PM me i can give you details etc.

Also has anyone heard about De-snagging? it has been over a month now since i snagged, signed contracts last week. I did ring David last week and he said Laing O'rourke are behind given the volume of apartments being completed.

Not sure I've de-snagged thankfully. I am waiting on Landmarks solicitors to send the signed contract back.... does anyone know who i can contact to speed this up?

Hi,

Thanks for all that info, we have been told everything is going to move really quickly and that we should be in our apartment hopefully within six weeks or so we only picked our apartment on Friday does this seem realistic? We have yet to snag but to be honest going by Friday there doesn't look like we will have many issues with it!

Thanks

You'd be very lucky to be in within 6 weeks...... Everything about this development seems to be really slow. But stranger things have happened!!

Was up in BSQ at the weekend to view the showhomes in Cubes 7 and noticed that out of all the blocks (Cubes and Edges), Cubes 8 is the only one not to have the name etched on the main entrance door.

I hope that it is the only thing left to do and they are nearly finished up.
What did you think about prices in cubes 7 and how does it compare to yours?

hi, was any one asked to sing the letter of undertaking for BSQ?

Yea, it's just to say you will pay the claw back if you sell up.

I've signed it and sent it back with the contract and will be getting the keys on friday.:D

Anybody know of delays, or suffering them, in getting a copy of the block insurance policy and letter of indemnity from Landmark???

My solicitor says he's been looking for it for two weeks and nothing has come in yet and this is what is delaying everything for me. (I signed the contracts on May 21st)

Yayyee....picked up my keys tonight for BSQ and was able to go up to the apt :) One thing I will say, the concierge wasn't exactly the most helpful in the world. Also, have a quick look around and make sure any snags that were fixed are still fixed. :S One or two of my snags seemed to have made a reappearance for some strange reason so will have to call about that tomorrow.

can someone tell me how much people paying for land registry (for BSQ) and other leagal serveces? i think my solicitor wants too much. would be good to have an idea how much others are paying. thanks

can someone tell me how much people paying for land registry (for BSQ) and other leagal serveces? i think my solicitor wants too much. would be good to have an idea how much others are paying. thanks

If you look up at the top of this page, the question was asked a few days ago.

I know that I am being quoted/charged too (€2,000 incl €550 land reg) much as my solicitor doesn't seem to have done anything for the last week or so and I have ended up chasing things up myself today.

Last edited:
my land registry is 650, just want to know why it is different price then. my solicitor keeps telling me "no Problems" all the time and that i get the keys next week but i didnt have my de-snag yet. just want to know what else i can do to speed it up? any suggestions? thanks

Back