Affordable housing Dunlaoghaire Rathdown-Parkview, Belarmine & Thornwood

Anyone any idea of square footage of the Parkview apartments? had a peep through the windows and whats downstairs is quite small. I thought empty rooms were generally supposed to look a little big?

They vary. Some 2 beds are 63sqm. The corner ones are 76.9sqm. Penthouses are bigger still. They do look tiny from outside. Once you are in them they feel a bit bigger.

i think the ones downstaires are one bed apts.

they all vary in size. my 2 bed is 69sq meter "I think"

Anyone any idea of square footage of the Parkview apartments? had a peep through the windows and whats downstairs is quite small. I thought empty rooms were generally supposed to look a little big?

Hi,

Has anyone here managed to get a revaluation done after the signing of contracts? I believe this has been achieved in some cases, just wanted some more info on what it entailed.

Thanks.

can anyone tell me if the prize of an affordable housing has dropped due to the recession. (ie) €250,000 for an 2 bedroom apartment in stepaside quoted a year ago. would this have to be revalueated.

Anyone any news on Parkview? For a long time it was the valuations holding things up. Anyone have a move in date yet or even the latest reason why we're NOT moving?

It is months again since valuations were done - we'd be justified in asking for yet another one :(

Anyone concerned that purchase is now running into January '09 when the scheme changes to include council equity. I'm wondering if that will effect us?

We have been waiting a ridiculously long time now considering that the apartments were finished and snagged months ago.

I would definately get a valuation done again. I am buying in a different development but with the same council. I got mine revalued for a third time a week before closing and the MV had dropped alot even since September when I got valued for the second time. To be honest tho it was over valued in September.

Not sure what the delay is on the affordable side is cheeus but assume its the same across the board with the social AND the affordable, all they'll say is its in the hands of the solicitors??? whatever that means.
Even local councillors are saying they know theres a legal issue but dont know what it is exactly.
Was told would get a viewing about two months ago and then was told three weeks ago, would hear from them in three weeks and still waiting.
Would imagine by the time this is sorted, prices on the affordable side will well need reevaluating.

Anyone any news on Parkview? For a long time it was the valuations holding things up. Anyone have a move in date yet or even the latest reason why we're NOT moving?

It is months again since valuations were done - we'd be justified in asking for yet another one :(

Anyone concerned that purchase is now running into January '09 when the scheme changes to include council equity. I'm wondering if that will effect us?

We have been waiting a ridiculously long time now considering that the apartments were finished and snagged months ago.

Not sure what the delay is on the affordable side is cheeus but assume its the same across the board with the social AND the affordable, all they'll say is its in the hands of the solicitors??? whatever that means.
Even local councillors are saying they know theres a legal issue but dont know what it is exactly.

People have finally moved in to Parkview.

For those still waiting I'm guessing that the legal side of things is the change to be made to give the council equity. Would also make sense then that the council would delay to have as many people as possible under the new scheme which was to be introduced January 2009?

Sorry to butt in here from "The Northside".
I've been offered a place by Fingal County Council and I asked just last week about the new equity scheme. I was told - though I don't have it in writing - that the new scheme will not be in place until well into next year. They said that there is no legislation yet in place for the scheme and that it will not affect anyone who is offered under the present affordable scheme.

That's great Tabris6ie congrads, when are you moving inn? there is only a few who have moved inn so far, i have my keys a month and am in the process of decorating the pace. so will be a few more weeks before i actually move in.

im aiming for beginning march to move in once i get floors down etc but very excited. fingers crossed for good neighbours and no trouble with the parking, eh?

well so far so good. everyone is just getting on with moving inn. parking is going to be a problem, at the moment its fine but the creche have put up NO PARKING Signs now so those parking space cant be used. 40 apts do not have parking spaces at all which will really cause a problem and then there is couples with two cars. not sure how its going to work out to be honest. time will tell.

well out of the 45 apartment on the voluntary housing side, they were short 12 parking spots so they did a draw for the whole lot. They did ask people who didnt drive to give up a spot and they'd get a reduced service charge but dont think anyone was volunteering.

that is terrible really is, everyone should have got a parking space, and later down the line its going to cause problems for everyone. anyway at least its nothing more serious. apts seem to be well build so that a plus.

Does anyone know which blocks and floors are designated for AH in Wyckham Point?

that is terrible really is, everyone should have got a parking space, and later down the line its going to cause problems for everyone. anyway at least its nothing more serious. apts seem to be well build so that a plus.

have to say I was amazed at the apartments themselves, really really lovely inside. have you much more to do before you move in? I've a friend in the main parkview and I have to say, I actually prefer my apartment.

Ya me too, a mate lives in parkview its a bit of a concrete jungle. at least we have the green area. well got keys in Nov and didnt do anything until after xmas got some good bargains in the sales for kitchen appliances etc. i hope to move in at the end of the month, carpet and wooden floors down i got my bathroom tiled and kithen. sofa should be 2 more wks, and heading up to IKea for the bedroom furniture, took my time moving in. still lots more to do but once i am inn i can start on the smaller stuff like hanging pictures ect.

Back