Affordable housing Dunlaoghaire Rathdown-Parkview, Belarmine & Thornwood

the council own the social housing, cluid owns the voluntary housing and get money from the government to buy within developments but the tenants wont get the option to buy at any stage unlike with the social housing.
basically, anyone purchasing is going to have together and challenge it. A lot of people complained about beacons fees on these pages but not a whole lot done about it. ive heard from friends of mine who own privately in parkview, the management company are quick about sending solicitor letters if they dont get their fees.

So lets face it we cant and wont get a say in how the mgt co, opperates as they own apts in the parkview. this is crazy. I will know soon enough they said they could know more next week.

What is the difference between social and voluntary housing? I've never heard of voluntary housing before. I thought that the person renting under social/voluntary would pay a small service fee but that someone (council/cluid) would pay the shortfall?

only real difference is that the voluntary is owned by a housing association and they pick their tenants from the councils lists, its another means of giving cheap rental accommodation, not sure if where you're put has anything to do with how much you're earning. its basically a long term lease and you dont get the option to buy. id assume someone is footing the shortfall in the services but whether the housing association is being charged as much as what the average affordable buyer is being charged is debatable..

I just hope that people respect the place & its well maintained. Have you viewed any apts yet?

Just got offered Harbour View in Dun Laoire has anybody viewed these??

Has anyone else had their BSQ property value changed by Landmark to reflect the lower prices offered on their new release?? As a result my clawback has been changed.

Hi there, how what value did the council orginally put on the property and what was their revised value?
I feel the market value in the development I've been offered is too high considering the curreny market.
Thank you.

Hi Krispy, I was offered an apt in Harbout View too. I feel the council's market value is grossly unrealistic and the annual management fee of €2k+ is expensive. What are your views?

Hi there, how what value did the council orginally put on the property and what was their revised value?
I feel the market value in the development I've been offered is too high considering the curreny market.
Thank you.

The original value was 450k and the revised value was 418k, to reflect landmark releasing more units at a price lower than the Affordable Housing units!

Hi Kites

Went to see the council yesterday they said that the management fees are 1800 which I think is really expensive. Amnt viewing the apartment till next week. Have you seen them yet?

Hi Kites

Went to see the council yesterday they said that the management fees are 1800 which I think is really expensive. Amnt viewing the apartment till next week. Have you seen them yet?

What purchase prices are they quoting for the Harbour View apartments and is the 1800 fee for a 2 bed apartment?

My management fee in the Beacon was just over 1400 for a one bed.

Hi Kites

Hi Krispy, Yes I've seen the apts and most of them are very nice. The management fee that I've been quoted in my official offer is €2034.80. The sale price for 2 bed is €295k and the market value they have put on the apts is €500k. This is for a 2 bed apt. 500k is not realistic in this market. Harbour Court Apts which are opp the fire station at the Monkstown end of Dun Laoghaire are €435k for a 2 bed.

Best of luck with your viewing during the week.

Still problems with Parkview valuations.
Hooke&MacDonald are selling new, bigger (76sqm), higher spec with ensuites for €360k.

Without a revaluation I cannot proceed with Parkview. Clawback is currently around 35%, it should really be around 25%. I still want to buy but will pull out if it can't be changed.

Anyone else in the same situation?

Also, does anyone know how the 'redemption fee' is calculated if you want to remortgage in the future? Is there a danger it could be inflated too?

Hey cheesus, I hear where you're coming from, having doubts about the whole thing myself. Prices are still on the way down and I'm not sure if AH is the way to go given all the restrictions that go with it, park view still over valued.

Hi Kites

Krispy,
Is the management fee of 1800 for a 1 bed?
Kites

Anyone else querying the current valuations on Parkview? If we don't say we want them revalued we won't get it... they are still overvalued and we are entitled to have a fair clawback set. I know people say they are happy that they plan to stay in them for years and years but circumstances change and it needs to be a fair % . Anyone who's bank came back lower should send the valuation to the council.

Good news is that mgt fees look like they'll be lowered.

hi kites,

No I was given the wrong information by the council - when I got the offer the management fees were the same as you were quoted.... Very high clawback with HV, what do you think??

Krispy

Has anyone got buying in Parkview got the snag list from the council? Anyone redone it themselves and if so anything major uncovered. I'm yet to do my own.

Back