Affordable housing Dunlaoghaire Rathdown-Parkview, Belarmine & Thornwood

Artois

Has anyone who got on well in the Affordables lottery in May\June been offered a pad ? I understand that Dun Laoaghaire Rathdown was to offer the first twenty applicants Thornwood, Bootertown. Then 10 or so in the Priory. 60 apartments in Parkview and then 50 or so in Belarmine Stepaside.

My question is,has anyone got an offer? I get the impression that Dun laoghaire co co have made little progress since May when they conducted the lottery. Probably understandable in view of large number of applications but it would be nice to hear they are making progress.

hi there,
yes i've been offered an apt in thornwood so they are making progress!

what number were you on the list?
trying to figure out how long i have to wait (i'm around no 30 in dundrum)

I was number 29 on the general list but number 2 on the local area list which in my case was the blackrock/booterstown list. It seems to be moving very fast, well it did in my case anyway so hopefully you wont have long to wait.

cheers,

All the best with your place. think i'm 150 something on the general list.

is this true that 20 apartments in thornwood booterstown are being given out to the people on the electoral list. i see somebody who is number 2 received one. i am number 14 will i be included.

has anyone higher than number two received one yet?

hi
Im number 2 on the blackrock/booterstown list and got one of the apartments, I think you would have heard by now if you were being offered one of the ones at Thornwood. Only 1/3 goes to the electoral ward from what i can make out - From the dunlaoghaire/rathdown affordable handbook it says:
Allocation of dwellings​
Dwellings will be allocated on the following basis:​
(A) Electoral Ward​
One third of the affordable dwellings in each development will be reserved for applicants who can satisfy the Council that they have been living in, or have previously lived in, the particular Electoral Ward in which the affordable dwellings are situated for a continuous period of no less than five years:​
The Electoral Wards are:​
Glencullen, Blackrock, Ballybrack, Dún Laoghaire, Dundrum, Stillorgan​
Please see map attached at appendix 3.​
Applicants who qualify on ward status will be included on one of six separate Electoral Ward Lists in order of their priority on the General List. Applicants can only be prioritised for one Electoral Ward List.​
Please submit evidence to support this claim, i.e., utility bills, bank statements, rent books etc.​
(B) Administrative Area of the County​
A further third will be reserved for applicants who can satisfy the Council they have been living in, or have previously lived in, the administrative area of Dún Laoghaire- Rathdown County Council for a continuous period of no less than five years. Applicants who qualify on County status will be included on a separate County List in order of their priority on the General List. (All applicants who qualify for inclusion on any of the six Electoral Ward Lists will automatically be included on the County List).​
(C) General List​
The remaining third of dwellings will be allocated to applicants on the General List in order of their priority on this List.​

Hope this is of some help.

thanks for that.

yes im number 14 on blackrock/booterstown list so though i would have heard something by now. it must be slow moving.

if anyone else from blackrock/booterstown list has received anything let me know!!!!

by the way does anyone know where the priory apartments are located?

It seems I mucked up my initial post. As far I am aware the Priory do not exist. Any reference to the Priory should be read to mean the Rectory.

The Rectory is beside Parkview, Belarmine.

Sorry for any confusion caused

Hi

I'm just wondering has anyone been called in for an interview with the council regarding upcoming affordable housing units?

Myself & my boyfriend have been asked to attend an interview regarding the units they're aquiring in the stepaside area. We were on the Glencullen list.

Just wondering what the interview involves....

I had an interview this week. Its very informal they get you to sign an acknowledgement that you understand clawback and outline the fees the council charge for the service. They also review your file and ensure that you have filed all the required documents.

It seems there is also another development called Ballintyre Hall which has about 15 affordable units.

Has anyone taken a look at Parkview? I find it very hard to warm to the development,it which would be fantastic in a city centre location but on the side of a mountain it seems like serious over-development. There will be three towers containing all 60 social and affordable units. Maybe someone else can put a better spin on it?

We will also have the benefit of overlooking a 8 bay halting site which I understand from our future neighbours is being developed on a site nextdoor.

They look like excellent apartments though. You get all your appliances included and tiling in the kitchen and bathroom too. Great deal if you ask me.

yeah my sister & her partner own an apartment in Parkview & they're really great apartments, fitted out so well...

Thanks for the info on the interview..

Thanks bob & ceeks

I don't really get it but if you guys say its worth a punt i'll buy if offered. I still think bob is right they are very much overpriced.

PLease tell me what a person had to pay for a 2 bed in thornwood as an affordable home?

They are quite pricey though.

Yeah how much are the affordable houses/apartments going for in South Dublin these days I knew they were €250k at one stage before how can they call this affordable??

On Belarmine a friedn of mine owns one they are very nice or at least his is anyway but I think the bedrooms are very big so limiting teh size of other rooms in the apartment, any thoughts?

Thanks bob & ceeks

I don't really get it but if you guys say its worth a punt i'll buy if offered. I still think bob is right they are very much overpriced.

PLease tell me what a person had to pay for a 2 bed in thornwood as an affordable home?
A friend of my daughter got one and she had to pay 200K. Apparently they're 450K on the open market.

Thanks bob & ceeks

Hiya Artois

I got an affordable 2 bed apt in thornwood and am paying 250,000 for it.

Back