Affordable housing Dunlaoghaire Rathdown-Parkview, Belarmine & Thornwood

my land registry is 650, just want to know why it is different price then. my solicitor keeps telling me "no Problems" all the time and that i get the keys next week but i didnt have my de-snag yet. just want to know what else i can do to speed it up? any suggestions? thanks

My solicitor keeps telling me "no problems" to and then I discovered on Thursday that there were three problems so I wouldn't believe the €550 he quoted me for land registry till I see it in writing. He is still saying there are no problems but that is because I spent my working day yesterday chasing things up.

had meeting with the council on saturday,
they have 5 developments

The grange 250-350k
Beacon Court 300k - 345k
Beach Court 300k - 350k
wyckham point 255-300k
park view 255-320k

there are not really affordable,hopefully i could be offered the grange 2 bed apartment. just need to return updated p60 etc

Are they the affordable purchase prices or the market vaulations for those developments?

had meeting with the council on saturday,
they have 5 developments

The grange 250-350k
Beacon Court 300k - 345k
Beach Court 300k - 350k
wyckham point 255-300k
park view 255-320k

there are not really affordable,hopefully i could be offered the grange 2 bed apartment. just need to return updated p60 etc

You'll probably find that the majority of the apartments will be at the lower scale of that pricing. The ones at the higher end will be 3 beds or penthouses of which there will be no more than 1 or 2.

Solicitor got the last bit of paperwork in today so everything has gone to the bank for the mortgage cheque. All going well will hopefully get the keys next week as I don't want them on Friday 13th

Solicitor got the last bit of paperwork in today so everything has gone to the bank for the mortgage cheque. All going well will hopefully get the keys next week as I don't want them on Friday 13th

I forgot to ask, when did others have to pay the management fee?

My solicitor showed me the invoice for it but didn't ask for a cheuqe, now just afraid that will delay things also.

I had to bring money for the cheque when I went to the solicitor to sign lots of paperwork when I went in after the charging order from the council arrived.

I had to bring money for the cheque when I went to the solicitor to sign lots of paperwork when I went in after the charging order from the council arrived.

I've left a message for my solicitor to ask if I should pop a cheque for the fee in the post to him tomorrow and that way he'll have it when the cheque from the bank arrives. Only thought of it this afternoon, after I had already been into his office.

Hi Stillathome,

Getting the service charge cheque to him makes sense. I had to pay service charge on closing. If he doesn't have the service charge cheque he cannot close.

Hope you get it over the line soon.

Hi Stillathome,

Getting the service charge cheque to him makes sense. I had to pay service charge on closing. If he doesn't have the service charge cheque he cannot close.

Hope you get it over the line soon.

Thanks for that. May drop it into his office this evening just to be on the safe side.

Who was the cheque made payable to for the managment fees, Landmark?

Hi,

Im just wondering if the full yearly management charge needs to be paid? It seems unfair if this is the case considering we are now in June, or is it done yearly from the date you pay.

IE:You pay on the 07/06/08 so that covers you til the 06/06/09?

Thanks.

Thanks for that. May drop it into his office this evening just to be on the safe side.

Who was the cheque made payable to for the managment fees, Landmark?

For BSQ, mine was made out to LK Shields, their solicitor. That is what my solicitor asked me to do.

Hi,

Im just wondering if the full yearly management charge needs to be paid? It seems unfair if this is the case considering we are now in June, or is it done yearly from the date you pay.

IE:You pay on the 07/06/08 so that covers you til the 06/06/09?

Thanks.

Very good question, I don't know the answer to that one. It would depend on the management company I would think so it would be good to remember when you paid so your amount can be adjusted next time if necessary.

It is mentioned in the lease but I can't remember what the wording was.

As far as I know you pay for January to January, or whatever their set 12 months is, and the balance acts as a credit for your second year.

hi, they do act as credits, my solicitor explained that to me last week. You just need to remember yourself that the credits are due as it is likely that the next time you pay the management charge the credits will not be taken into account!

Hi all, I'm being called for an interview next week. They have only mentioned whyckham point to me and I had a look at them as a private buyer and wasn't overly impressed - weird layouts and damp patches in the roofs. However love the area and the lower price for that area. Has anyone had a look around the grange tho, what are they like in comparison to whyckham??

Wycham point?! Wow, there hasn't been any movement on that at all in ages. It was where I was hoping for as I'm on the Dundrum list so I was a bit miffed that it wasn't an option.

As it happens, I'm very happy with BSQ so its all fine but its interesting to hear that they are now starting to offer there.

Hi All,

Just wondering has anyone heard anything on when the grange development will be offered??

Back