"The Kilns", Portmarnock-any thoughts on the development?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
I am in a 3 bed duplex in Block 4 and have been told that I cant see it yet... does anyone have the dimensions - ie I need to starting buying blinds, furniture...

Much thanks!

Hi to all you lucky people who have moved in. Can you please advise what the wardrobes are like in the bedrooms? (a) are they spacious and (b) are they the type of wardrobes that are built around where you put your bed with a bedside locker on each side???? My friend who lives in The Links has this type of wardrobe and I'm just wondering if ours are the same.

i'm in block 2 and am snagging today....is there anybody else out there that has snagged either block 1 or block 2 and moved in yet? anything to watch out for in the snag?

Anyone got a 2bed in Block 3 or any other block, have you got a sneak preview yet, I got to see mine last night. conerned about the kitchen appliances, told no dishwasher even though it was listed, any insights anybody??

Yeah I heard about that too. Was about to have a fit at them through my solicitor but apparently some units have them and some don't, depending on size. I do, hence the lack of fit :)

CO'L said:
Yeah I heard about that too. Was about to have a fit at them through my solicitor but apparently some units have them and some don't, depending on size. I do, hence the lack of fit :)

Is this done on a block by block basis or are there some apartments in Block 3 that don't have dishwashers?

I'm not in Block 3 so I don't know if it's a block by block basis. I think it's apt type, but it can't be broken down into apt type by bedroom no. I was in one of the 2 bed ground floor apts in, I think, block 3...if thats the block facing you as you come in the gate. The apt I was in was a 2 bed with en-suite and has no dishwasher whereas my my 2 bed does but has no en-suite.

To the question above about the wardrobes, no they aren't the type that are built around where you put your bed. Not in the 2 bed apts anyway. In my apt the wardrobes are in a recess in the main bedroom and on the wall beside the door in the second bedroom. You can see where they'd go by having a look at the plans in fingal Count Council. I got a copy of the plans months ago there. Obviously the wardrobes are drawn in but the space left for them is. The wardrobes are white/cream with metal type handles. They had them on show when the show house was open.

Hi CO'L. I have a 2 bed in Block 4 and we have no en-suite or dishwasher. We were under the impression that we would have a dishwasher but only discovered there wasn't room when we saw our kitchen. Just wondering, how do you know you will have one (as in, did your solicitor confirm that, or is your apartment a bigger size maybe?)

Yes, have been in one of the 2 bed apt's in Block 4. All finished apart from applicances

Hi Cynthia,
I also have 2 bed in B4. Did you get to see the bathroom in your apartment - was a shower installed?

Hi, yes I saw the bathroom, no shower installed yet! All tiling, and heated towel rails in though

Thanks for the information re the wardrobes. I am quite surprised reading some of the threads about no dishwasher, that's really bad, especially when this was listed as being one of the appliances we would receive. I'll be interested to see what mine will have but I'll have to wait until after end of September 2006 because that's the guideline i'm receiving for Block 7.

Does anyone in the duplex's and apartments have allocated car park space on the surface or underground, or are they all undesignated.

Kilnsb4, I don't remember the name of the guy, but I was left in one evening after work, before 6pm, (just asked the guy at the gates for a look around, and he called one of the foremen up).

As far as I know, all car park spaces are undesignated.

Unfortunately with the dishwashers, in the Kilns brochure the kitchen appliances have an asterix beside them (i.e conditions apply). Pity!

yes, theres is an * but the conditions are not listed. therefore, its null and void. putting '*conditions apply' could mean anything. And it refers to all appliances not just the dishwasher.

so if you get a chance, go have a look at your property as early as possible.

Cynthia said:
Hi CO'L. I have a 2 bed in Block 4 and we have no en-suite or dishwasher. We were under the impression that we would have a dishwasher but only discovered there wasn't room when we saw our kitchen. Just wondering, how do you know you will have one (as in, did your solicitor confirm that, or is your apartment a bigger size maybe?)

Thanks for the update on shower Cynthia - you mentioned earlier that your 2 bed does not have a dishwasher. However, is there space in the kitchen units to insert one?

i have 2bed block 4, seemingly you need to provide your own floor coverings,there's a base cork covering to go down and only some tiling in kitchen area and bathroom. this the same for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back