"The Kilns", Portmarnock-any thoughts on the development?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: "The Kilns", Portmarnock? any thoughts on the development?

Any trains go past when you were there? Quite nosiy from the links so I would imagine you would really hear it down there.

To be honest I never noticed any trains going by. I am also living in Seabrook at the moment and its only the planes that bug me.

Hi all

I did my snagging last Friday week, hoping to move in or get the keys monday week!!!

Hi, that is good news.

Where you happy with the finish ?

yes, happy enough, some bits were half done, but they are only minor things so nothing to worry about! i will check it before the big move!

Hi Suzie,
Did you hear anything more regarding the gates?

Thanks

The appeal is not decided yet and the 19 July is the latest date given but they usually run over - here is the link to the information on the An Bord Pleanala website.

[broken link removed]

Una

I havent heard anything more on the gates,im hoping that they will sort something out!

hi suzie duff, are you in the front block of the town houses? those houses have looked like they were finished for quiet a while now- did you need to get much fixed or were you happy enough overall- i assume the railings out the front of the development must be coming down very soon so- unless they expect you to park at the DART station and walk over to your home!

Does anybody know anything about the creche facililty?When I checked the planning link for the gates, a reference is made to a creche and 128 units.

Hi Killlian

Yes, im in the front block of houses, the finish was good,had to fix some paint work, bits and pieces in the bathrooms, overall good. they are ready to move in, so i think im getting the keys on monday so ill see what happens with the railings then, theres no way im leaving my car in the dart staion!!

suzie duff said:
Hi Killlian

Yes, im in the front block of houses, the finish was good,had to fix some paint work, bits and pieces in the bathrooms, overall good. they are ready to move in, so i think im getting the keys on monday so ill see what happens with the railings then, theres no way im leaving my car in the dart staion!!

i was out there last night and they have taken away a lot of the 'baracades' out the front and the security guy was happy to let us wander around inside; one thing i wasn't happy about was the fact that they have cut some of the trees down between the kilns and seabrook manor- these trees gave great privacy but now we are looking directly into the apartments across the train tracks- there are just 2 cut so far- does anybody know if they plan to cut them all down?

Hi Killian

Have you bought the apartments or the houses? thanks for letting me know about the barriers, its about 3 weeks ago since i was last there.

I asked about the trees & they told me that they couldnt touch them as I was worried about the light into my apartment. The builder was very sure about this so I am surprised they cut them down. They advised me that they couldnt touch them. So who knows! Looking forward to seeing the complex eventually take shape and chenge from a building site to a nice complex!

There is a Council preservation order in place to protect all of the trees so if the builder has chopped some, the council should be informed

Hi all,

I have purchased in Block 5 and heard this morning that it now wont be until end of July til it is completed?? Can anybody reconfirm this info? Baring in mind the buliders holidays are in August, am I the only one seriously frustrated with this "saga"???

Purhcasing a unit in block 4, was informed by SF on Friday that it was 90% certain I would be able to snag unit by mid July first time they have phoned after bombarding them with emails over the past few months.

If its only 90% certain block 4 will be ready by mid July I would be surprised if block 5 is ready at the same time

With the builders holidays I would say the end of august is more likely

suzie duff said:
Hi Killian

Have you bought the apartments or the houses? thanks for letting me know about the barriers, its about 3 weeks ago since i was last there.

hi suzie,

we bought one of the houses in block 2...i think we're looking at early july for snagging/ moving in.

The saga continues - Block 3 end of terrace units are being held up because the steps are not in and cant go in until the scaffolding goes down on Block 6 which cant go in until that is plastered - aaaggghhh. the finishing foreman has not control over the builders so we are in a fix here. Such drama.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back