"The Kilns", Portmarnock-any thoughts on the development?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Car parking, when I asked S&F a the begining none of the car parking spaces were allocated.
If this is still the case it will be a diaster and they will probaly be allocated before long

kilnsb4 said:
Car parking, when I asked S&F a the begining none of the car parking spaces were allocated.
If this is still the case it will be a diaster and they will probaly be allocated before long

It's hasn't happended that way in any developments that I know of.

Been in two similar developments and parking was always an issue if the spots are allocated with some visitors parking it may solve the problem

None of the other developments were accross the road from a dart station with a car park full to overflowing. IF the PP on the gates is refused it will be a major problem

Can parking spaces be allocated by the management company at a later date. SF told me there is 1.5 spaces per unit, not including drive way parking on the townhouses in B1&B2.

It hasn't happened in Seabrook Manor, or The Links, and I'm not sure of the legal implications, i.e. can anyone carve up the common area and allocate it to individuals? It is not likely to be straightforward anyway, it would more than likely require each owner to sign a new leasehold agreement, somthing that it easier said than done.

1.5 spaces is the minimum as determined by the planners/Fingal CoCo AFAIK.

Don't think for one second that just because allocated spaces make sense or are desperately needed that it will happen. Until such time as the builder hands over the development to the owners (not likely to happen for a number of years) the owners will be able to voice their opinions/concerns, but will have little real power. The builders are unlikely to start allocating spaces if they have not done so already.

If you want a second opinion, ask your solicitor.

Cynthia said:
Hi CO'L. I have a 2 bed in Block 4 and we have no en-suite or dishwasher. We were under the impression that we would have a dishwasher but only discovered there wasn't room when we saw our kitchen. Just wondering, how do you know you will have one (as in, did your solicitor confirm that, or is your apartment a bigger size maybe?)

I rang the people that were supplying the kitchens to see if we could fit one in, even if I had to do it at my own expense. And the guy checked which apt I was in and what type - referred to by a letter eg H rather than bed no, and he said there was one in my kitchen. If you're kitchen is already in and they haven't put one in then it will be a nightmare to get one in. There would have to be extra plumbing and you'd have to lose a press I'd say.

"Unfortunately with the dishwashers, in the Kilns brochure the kitchen appliances have an asterix beside them (i.e conditions apply). Pity!"

The conditions for getting your white goods was paying the balance of your deposit within the 3 week time limit. My solicitor said he had a letter saying that should the deposit be received within the stated time then white goods as outlined in the brochure yada yada.. Normally a brochure is not legally binding, it's a guide etc. But because he had a letter saying I'd get what was listed in the brochure then it did become legally binding. He was about to send the developers a letter asking what the story was when I got in contact with the kitchen guy.

I dont have his no anymore, it's written on a piece of paper somewhere in my house so I can't help you guys out I'm afraid. Sorry.

Just back to the "dishwasher" scenario. If the white goods are part of your contract surely you are entitled to receive them? If you've got a kitchen that doesn't have enough room to fit a dishwasher, that's the builders problem for not foreseen what size they should have built the kitchens in the first place. Why should the purchaserr have to go thru all the expense of possibly losing a kitchen press and installing a dishwasher themselves which they must purchase and then on top of that pay a plumber to do whatever necessitates?????? Surely your Solicitors can do something for you on that score. You've waited long enough to get into your apartment, it's really imperative that you stand your ground and get what we're entitled to. If we all shout loud enough about this we've a better chance of getting a positive result.

I agree. I was going to kick up an almighty fuss, and I was just checking about fitting a dishwasher myself in a worse case scenario, but I dropped it when I found out that I was getting a dishwasher.

To anybody who's worried that there might not be a dishwasher in their apt, first check with your solicitor if he can fire a letter off to the developers solicitors to check if your unit will be fitted with one or not.

re. car spaces: i was told that there are only something like 79 spaces- if there are 129 units in the development, that doesn't seem like 1.5 spaces per unit to me....are there additional spaces to be put under the apartment development in block 8? for what its worth, i live in a development with designated spaces at present and it causes a lot of hassle when people park in other people's spaces....if nobody 'owns' a space, i think it will mean a fairer system when it comes to parking;

did anyone see the price list for the new launch this week - 1 bed aparts start €370k, 2 bed aparts start at €450K, and 2 bed duplexs start at €460K!

holy crap! They've jumped a fair bit! My 2 bed was €295!!!!

Is that on the sherry fitz website?

CO'L said:
holy crap! They've jumped a fair bit! My 2 bed was €295!!!!

Is that on the sherry fitz website?

dunno - one of my friends got a notice mail about it - 2 bed for €295 - This post will be deleted if not edited immediately thats brill!

back to the kitchen appliances issue - dont settle for some crap excuse. the plans and measurements were designed long before you put your booking deposit down, it shouldnt be a problem in calculating whether a dishwasher can be fitted or not, given how long its taken them to complete they should have gone that extra bit to ensure all was delivered to plan, partic if it was going to be 9months late.

If anyone gets to view their kitchens, pls let me know what they think, partic in the 2 beds, thanks

lj211 said:
If anyone gets to view their kitchens, pls let me know what they think, partic in the 2 beds, thanks

I saw them and I thought they were very nice. The cherrywood units are lovely and go very well with the dark counter. I thought they looked great.

As for apts on view, I doubt it. If they sell out the last section from the plans then they won't need to have a show apt. Extra expense for nothing. I'd say they'll only bother putting a show apt together if they don't manage to sell off the plans and need to give it another push.

does anyone have news on the provision of dishwashers in the apartments? I'm concerned that the builders are beginning to cut corners. the reason there is no gas heating in block 8 is that they "forgot" to build a flue in the building. now we are being told some apartments will not have diswashers and that there will be no plumbing for them either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back