"The Kilns", Portmarnock-any thoughts on the development?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I contacted sherry fitz today and confirmed the launch of block 9 on thursday. 1 bed starting from 370,then 380 and 390..

Question: does anybody know if there's a lot of interest in the Block 9 release? If they go on sale on thurs, does that mean people will be queueing before the office opens or can I take my time to get down there?

If you want first choice of apartment I'd get down there early...

I made the mistake of showing up 'only' half an hour before block 3 was released last year and i missed out on my first choice apartment. I still did well just didnt get the floor i wanted :(

Current stance on 2 beds w/o dishwasher: No amendments will be made whatsoever. According to Ravenshall, no apartment holders affected are all that bothered about this except me. Am I the only one?

Anyone heard anything on completion of Block 4? Is it going to be before the builders holidays?

Heard I'd be getting a letter to snag during next week. That leaves 2 weeks to snag & get fixes done. Not sure if this will be enough time.

Finishing Foreman hopes to close Block 4 units before the end July

Seems reasonable painters are currently working on units and decking is going down this week, fingers crossed.

If its not the end of July it may well be early September

spark said:
Current stance on 2 beds w/o dishwasher: No amendments will be made whatsoever. According to Ravenshall, no apartment holders affected are all that bothered about this except me. Am I the only one?

No you are not alone on this, I have not got a reply to my query raised.and i expect this matter to be addressed by the developer

how could they have not provided for dishwashers..is it just block 4? .it beggars belief....i had my solicitor get it in writing that ALL the white goods would be included and the builders wrote back accpeting this. So let's wait and see, I bought a two bed in block 8. btw, does anyone have news about the completion of block 8? I see 2007 has been mentioned for the first time...see today's Irish Times.

Hi Beachman - I am a Block 8'er!!!! The builder hinted to me last week that we will be looking at early 2007. Re block 8 - I bought on the 3rd floor (top floor) and was told that there were 4 floors (ground, 1st, 2nd, 3rd). I see there are 5 floors built- anyone any idea about this???????????From the plans all the units are allocated over 4 floors. I am baffled.

They have parking for extra parking for block 8 under block 8 as far as I know. That could be the extra level

Portochick, I understand the "bottom" floor, as it were, is the underground car park - which explains the 5 levels. I bought on the third floor and there is one other floor above me which must be where your apartment is located. The Irish Times piece yesterday said that completions by early 2007 which can only mean block 8 unfortunately. They had hoped to be done by Xmas but you an safely forget that deadline. Very frustrating. At least the capital appreciation is looking healthy!

steveyd said:
Anyone heard anything on completion of Block 4? Is it going to be before the builders holidays?

nope, apparently after the builders holidays now for block 4.

Hey Guys,

Slightly off topic I know but.....has anyone managed to source ready made curtains for their apartments in block 3? Was shopping today and was informed that the lounge windows are non standard drop/width and i'd have to get curtains custom made!?! Any advice/suggestions would be appreciated :confused:

from what i can see there's a few non standard dimensions arising in this developement!

kilnsb4 said:
Was down last week on site and this is not the case

yeah, we've been assured that we would be snagging at the end of july. as it turns oiut, this was not th case either. the latest we heard was on thursday, and the word was, unfortunately, we will be snagging the first week they get back from their holidays: which probably means the second week after they get back.

therazz said:
yeah, we've been assured that we would be snagging at the end of july. as it turns oiut, this was not th case either. the latest we heard was on thursday, and the word was, unfortunately, we will be snagging the first week they get back from their holidays: which probably means the second week after they get back.

I was in my unit last Tuesday painter was in, decking was starting but after been given dates before anything can happen. But it was not SF this time it was the finishing foreman so fingers are firmly crossed lets wait and see yeah!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back