Roseberry Hill Newbridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey orles,

I would greatly appreciate it if you could forward those measurements (sycamore) on to me or perhaps Regedit2 would'nt mind?? I'm also waiting for our house to be completed and would love to get started on ordering appliances and blinds etc. Spoke to millbank today, they expect us to be snagging after the holidays.......

Hey Orles and Pippi. My house is the Owl which is v.similar to the sycamore. We went with Zanussi appliances (all standard). Washing machine and Tumble dryer stack neatly into the downstairs toilet/utility. In the Kitchen it was gas hob and fit in Oven, again standard !! DID in Newbridge have a sale on at the moment. The lads in there are decent and will usually give a discount anyway if you buy in bulk unlike Curry/Dixons etc. So feel free to go and order your appliances now. They will also hold onto them until your house is ready. To be honest if Zanussi isn't your thing chat to the lads in DID anyway. I think quite alot of the appliances in Roseberry Hill were bought there. They will have a very good idea about what appliances will fit !!

Tags said:
Hey Orles and Pippi. My house is the Owl which is v.similar to the sycamore. We went with Zanussi appliances (all standard). Washing machine and Tumble dryer stack neatly into the downstairs toilet/utility. In the Kitchen it was gas hob and fit in Oven, again standard !! DID in Newbridge have a sale on at the moment. The lads in there are decent and will usually give a discount anyway if you buy in bulk unlike Curry/Dixons etc. So feel free to go and order your appliances now. They will also hold onto them until your house is ready. To be honest if Zanussi isn't your thing chat to the lads in DID anyway. I think quite alot of the appliances in Roseberry Hill were bought there. They will have a very good idea about what appliances will fit !!

Zanusi is good too.
DID alo offer a one year zero interest option, just so you know.
What way did you stack the tumble drier and the washing machine. I suppose every model is not suitable for stacking. At lest on the Bosch website I saw models that were suitable for this purpose. Lads in DID in Blanchardstown (a couple of them) told me that they would get Bosch if they were buying for themselves (Miele they/we cannot afford)!

pippi said:
hey orles,

I would greatly appreciate it if you could forward those measurements (sycamore) on to me or perhaps Regedit2 would'nt mind?? I'm also waiting for our house to be completed and would love to get started on ordering appliances and blinds etc. Spoke to millbank today, they expect us to be snagging after the holidays.......

Will PM the dimensions of the sycamore when I have them.

Well Regedit, Washing machine is on bottom , heaviest of the 2. Shelf is strong enough to support the weight of the tumble dryer. Meile would be my first choice but , yeah, too much !! Going with brands is a bit like six of one and half a dozen of the other. For some reason I'v neary always had Zanussi appliances where ever I rented before I got into the property game. Never had any problems !!

Tags said:
Well Regedit, Washing machine is on bottom , heaviest of the 2. Shelf is strong enough to support the weight of the tumble dryer. Meile would be my first choice but , yeah, too much !! Going with brands is a bit like six of one and half a dozen of the other. For some reason I'v neary always had Zanussi appliances where ever I rented before I got into the property game. Never had any problems !!

That makes sense.
I thought the shelf would not be strong or wide enought and that you would actualy have to mount the drier directly on the washing machine.
As you know, Zanusi, Hotpoint, Tricity Bendix etc are all owned by Electrolux so whichever of these brands you get, you will not make a mistake.
Just out of curiosity, are all the devices 60 cm wide? That wouild be the standard.
Definitively have to go to bed now!

Hi all,
As reagards appliance dimensions, you should give Chris Curtis kitchens a ring and ask them. We did that for our house type (Sycamore) and they said that all spaces for appliances were definately standard size.

And I thought I was a night owl !! ;) .... Shelf is capable of supporting the load. It wouldn't be any harm in placing some lats at the back. 1 x 2 inches. Just measure the height and fire them in, they don't even need to be nailed, bit of no more nails will do the job . It'll give extra support to the rear shelf brackets. The shelf itself is strong enough, but the brackets might do with a little support.

I'll keep you posted if my shelf goes. But , to be honest, the worst that could happen is the shelf will drop a few mm , due to tight fit of the appliances in there

pippi said:
hey orles,

Hi Pippi

No problem I will send them to you when I get them and if Regedit2 does too at least you have 2 sets!!!!
I phoned the foreman today as well and was also told after the hols so I am assuming he is talking about the builders hols. He did tell me to give him a buzz next week and depending on what the site is like, we might be able to get in to measure up. Try him, you never know :)

On a totaly unrelated topic, I was wondering how much money did the tiling work cost you people.
We are getting the 3B Sycamore house. Kitchen tiled, downstairs WC/unitlity (floor, around the sink and toilet seat, upstairs the family toilet and en suite (floor to ceeling). Just wondering would 3000-3500 buy the tiles and cover the expenses of a tiler?
Please recommend someone who has done a good job for you.

regedit2 said:
On a totaly unrelated topic, I was wondering how much money did the tiling work cost you people.
We are getting the 3B Sycamore house. Kitchen tiled, downstairs WC/unitlity (floor, around the sink and toilet seat, upstairs the family toilet and en suite (floor to ceeling). Just wondering would 3000-3500 buy the tiles and cover the expenses of a tiler?
Please recommend someone who has done a good job for you.

Regedit2, it depends on what tiles you are going to use. As a ball park figure they tend to charge in around €25 per sq.m to lay ceramic tiles. For stone tiles i.e. marble and terracotta tillers tend to charge up to 90% of the value of the tile per sq.m to lay as they are more fragile and need more care. Seeing as the dimensions for your Kitchen, downstairs loo, master Ensuite and main bathroom are similar to mine here are some ballpark figures. My brother is a surveyor in town and did a quick tot up. Approx €550 for Kitchen, Ensuite in Master about €200 for just floor and Shower area. About €600 for main bathroom and downstairs toilet €60 for floor. Tilers are averaging about €2k a week (I’m definitely in the wrong game!!)

Hope this helps. If you have the measurements of the rooms you should be able to come up with a fig. From what I got its about €1400 odd to get tiled, you should be looking at this as a ballpark.

Tags said:
Regedit2, it depends on what tiles you are going to use. As a ball park figure they tend to charge in around €25 per sq.m to lay ceramic tiles. For stone tiles i.e. marble and terracotta tillers tend to charge up to 90% of the value of the tile per sq.m to lay as they are more fragile and need more care. Seeing as the dimensions for your Kitchen, downstairs loo, master Ensuite and main bathroom are similar to mine here are some ballpark figures. My brother is a surveyor in town and did a quick tot up. Approx €550 for Kitchen, Ensuite in Master about €200 for just floor and Shower area. About €600 for main bathroom and downstairs toilet €60 for floor. Tilers are averaging about €2k a week (I’m definitely in the wrong game!!)

Hope this helps. If you have the measurements of the rooms you should be able to come up with a fig. From what I got its about €1400 odd to get tiled, you should be looking at this as a ballpark.

Thanks very much.
I have a name of a tiler from Naas but am semi-afraid to call as he is very expensive. Having said that, he did a fantastic job in my sister's house some 4 years ago. Everything was and is spotless.
I suppose the 600 that we will be getting from the builders when we sign will help get something in T&T. WE need to get the door for the shower in the ensuite and I think they are quite expensive. As that area will be used extensively, I do not fancy having a curtain!
Thanks once more.

No bother, theres a place in the M7 Business park @ Newbridge Jct onto motorway. Its behind KFM studios. I think its called Discount Tiles or something like that. You can get shower doors in there. I picket up a 1mtr and 1.2 mtr shower door in there for €700 for pair. They are brushed steel and glass. Takes a bit of assembling but are sturdy , strong and look nice

Tags said:
No bother, theres a place in the M7 Business park @ Newbridge Jct onto motorway. Its behind KFM studios. I think its called Discount Tiles or something like that. You can get shower doors in there. I picket up a 1mtr and 1.2 mtr shower door in there for €700 for pair. They are brushed steel and glass. Takes a bit of assembling but are sturdy , strong and look nice

I know the place and will definitively have a look.
Thanks.

Broadband & Phone update

Good news is that Eircom is up and running now. When I rang Eircom today they confirmed that my phone line can be activated at any time.

As I am tied up with Blueface + Clearwire I plan to continue with them some more time. Still Clearwire service is not that great. They have promised me that they will improve it very soon. There is no problem while browsing internet but
if you connect VOIP phone then voice quality goes down a lot.

ED123 said:
Broadband & Phone update

Good news is that Eircom is up and running now. When I rang Eircom today they confirmed that my phone line can be activated at any time.
a lot.

That's great news. It might make e-nvi and others improve!
Even with eircon there, I would not opt to go with them as I am interested in the broadband and phone package. I think that any other reseller of the their packages, beats eircom. Things might change in the future but I think I will stick with BT.

Does anyone have an idea as to how long it takes Eircom to activate your line. Is it a matter of days once you request or is it longer?

regedit2 said:
Does anyone have an idea as to how long it takes Eircom to activate your line. Is it a matter of days once you request or is it longer?
I was told that it is only matter of signing up the contract.

ED123 said:
I was told that it is only matter of signing up the contract.

That depends on whether the line is live within your house or not. This is an excerpt taken from Eircoms website.

Q. How can I tell if my line in the house can be activated by eircom without a call out from a technician?
You can confirm that all line work is intact by plugging a phone into the socket. If the line has been ceased by eircom and the socket is in working order, you will hear a recording prompting you to press 1 to talk to an eircom representative.

Your connection will take approximately up to 20 working days (or longer in some cases during promotional periods) for your eircom phoneline to be fully activated.
If all line work is in place, your line may be activated within 1 working day.

sin é

Just seen e-nvi's website. They've fairly jazzed it up ... Rose hill is going live in 2006 ..... maled them but haven't heard anything back yet !! At €54.99 per month it doesn't seem all that good value !!! Anyone getting e-nvi in ? I'v already committed to the bells and whistles sky package, so I'm a good 12 months away from looking at them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back