Roseberry Hill Newbridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tags said:
Q. How can I tell if my line in the house can be activated by eircom without a call out from a technician?
You can confirm that all line work is intact by plugging a phone into the socket. If the line has been ceased by eircom and the socket is in working order, you will hear a recording prompting you to press 1 to talk to an eircom representative.

sin é
when I connected up my phone I could not hear any recording. Anyway I did my order few months ago that time I was allotted one phone number.When I rang them up today they asked me to connect my phone to socket. Then they have tested it and said it is now ready for activation. Now it is only a matter of how soon I return my contract.

Does anyone know from where I could buy a stainless steel splashback. Generally this comes up with standard size as 70 cm widh and 69 cm hight. Curtis fitted my extracter bit higher so work top to the extracter height is some what 74cm. So if I buy the standard size splashback then I have to leave some space which I do not like. Can someone help me if there is someone who can cut the steel to the correct size ? I have tried currys, DID, Powercity etc. so far no luck. I would appreciate any help.

ED123 said:
Does anyone know from where I could buy a stainless steel splashback. Generally this comes up with standard size as 70 cm widh and 69 cm hight. Curtis fitted my extracter bit higher so work top to the extracter height is some what 74cm. So if I buy the standard size splashback then I have to leave some space which I do not like. Can someone help me if there is someone who can cut the steel to the correct size ? I have tried currys, DID, Powercity etc. so far no luck. I would appreciate any help.

This is a Homes and Garden query and does not belong in Location, Location, Location.

Thanks Orles and Regedit2 for that, again greatly appreciated, I did'nt realise that you were aloud to enter the house before the snagging date so I'll definitely give him a ring and see what he can do. I was told the same - after the builders holidays......hopefully!!!!

Also, Sexes road is now open, traffic lights are up and running at the bridge but the Milltown road lights have yet to be turned on.

pippi said:
Thanks Orles and Regedit2 for that, again greatly appreciated, I did'nt realise that you were aloud to enter the house before the snagging date so I'll definitely give him a ring and see what he can do. I was told the same - after the builders holidays......hopefully!!!!

They do not like people barging in but if you give them a call, they will accomodate you.
We're planning to pay them a visit in the morning and see what the progress is and try to gain access to the house.
Our main concern is to get them toclose the hole in the fireplace chest (or breast-whatever it is called) as we're getting an electric fire which is I belive something you just hang on the wall.

If we manage to get inside, I will try to post the dimensions of the 3B Sycamore.

Does anyone know if the 3B Ash that was on sale found a buyer? I heard (here I think) that they had bids for 350K!

Visited the house in Newbridge today in the scorching heat of over 30 degrees. It was even warmer in the house. Met the foreman who let us inside for a few minutes. The situation was such that no space was left for us for taking measurements as he was in a hurry and not in a mood to let us alone in the house (although everything was secure and posed no threat. Last week, we were told that snagging would take place in July. Today, we were told August so God knows.
We had asked for the hole in the wall for the gas fire be closed as we were going for an electrical fire and guess what-it was still there. We actually asked that they put no hole but the foreman said that he would get someone to close the hole. The sockets for the upstairs landing that we had paid for 77 Euros or so was not there! Gave a call to Sean Cahill on our return but got no answer. Sent an email so hopefully he will do it.
Asked about the space for the appliances and was ensured that they were all standard. The foreman was so forthcoming that he measured the width for the dishwasher and it was 600 mm. He also measured the "hole" for the fitted oven and guess what, it was wide (or should I say narrow) 575 mm and the ovens come in 595-600 mm. We realized this a few minutes ago when looking at some ovens on the net so I am after writing a fax to Chris Curtis asking them to try and fix the problem. Hopefully they will.
On the positive point, our garden seems a decent size, actually larger than we were initially hoping (because of the "corridor" for the wheelies from the nearby apartments.
Also, not to forget as somebody might find it helpful, the foreman said that the attic was not meant for storage of heavy items. Mentioned that we would be putting wooden planks and he reiterated that the ceiling would crack under heavy weight. So, if you will be using the attic, spread the weight evenly! I managed to measure the shower tray in the en suite and it is exactly 1000 mm.
The foreman said that they were still on the lPG and were hoping to switch over to natural gas. He said they had no contract with anyone regarding the gas. Eircom were oin site and foreman said they were upgrading the system for the needs of the future!
Sorry to the lads whom I promised the dimensions.

Anyone noticed the new planning notice for RH phase 2 at the entrance? They have got rid of all duplex/apts and now its all 2/3/4 bed Houses. They have applied this on July 11th.

ED123 said:
Anyone noticed the new planning notice for RH phase 2 at the entrance? They have got rid of all duplex/apts and now its all 2/3/4 bed Houses. They have applied this on July 11th.

ED123, do you mean that in phase 2, they will no longer build apartments/duplexes?
If that is the case, than it is good news.
Did not see the notice personally but I asked the foreman about phase 2 nd was told that they would start soon. He said they did not start building them yet. Again, if they need showhouses, I am more than sure that they will have them up in less than 1 month! (If we need our houses we wait >1 year).
I cannot recall if this was discussed here earlier but with ph2 share the same entry as phase 1?

regedit2 said:
ED123, do you mean that in phase 2, they will no longer build apartments/duplexes?
Their earlier notice had around 250+ houses including few duplexes so I think they did not get the planning permission for that. So couple of days back a new notice had been put up which has no duplexes(240+ houses). You are right if they get the planning permission for this application then there won't be any duplexes in the phase 2. Only change I noticed from phase 1 is there are 4 bed terraced houses included in phase 2.
Once the phase 2 complete ,I think, the entry will be same as phase 1. But they do not use the Sexes road entry until the work finishes on phase 2. I think their plan is to use the back road while the work in progress.

ED123 said:
Only change I noticed from phase 1 is there are 4 bed terraced houses included in phase 2.
Once the phase 2 complete ,I think, the entry will be same as phase 1. But they do not use the Sexes road entry until the work finishes on phase 2. I think their plan is to use the back road while the work in progress.

That would be good news as we were already bracing ourselves for 2+ years of dust and mess allover our house. I am not saying that we will be dirt free for the foreseeable future but at least it will be less than if they used the current access road.

Did you manage to get a land line connection working from Eircom? Are U going to stick with them or go with some cheaper provider?

regedit2 said:
Did you manage to get a land line connection working from Eircom? Are U going to stick with them or go with some cheaper provider?
I have returned the Clearwire Modem as it is crap with VOIP. I also find that the connection disconnects intermittently
so some times this leads to rebooting the system. It looks like VOIP technology is something new to Wireless broadband providers.

I am connected to Eircom today. Last Friday I asked them to activate my line but there was some problem with the socket so an Engineer had to call-in this morning to replace it. Now as far as Broadband is concerned we do have lot of options. UTV &Perlicov have 30 EU per month for 2MB speed. Eircom charges 39.99 EU for same speed. Can someone please let me know How the UTV service is ? They have a special offer at the moment half price for first 3 months. I am bit concerned about their always on feature. Do we need to turn on our PC round the clock to avail Broadband always on ? My intention is to connect Blueface router to UTV broadband for atleast6 months and when the ENVI starts their service then Swithch over to them. I know it is not that wise as I need to pay line rental(24.99) to Eircom for the first 6 months but in the same time happy to keep the same phone number with Blueface + (PERLICOV/UTV). Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Folks, have any of you been having problems with water over the last few days? I have been in touch with the council and Millbank, they are both blaming each other. The council are not looking into this issue at present because not enough people are putting pressure on them and they keep saying contact Millbank.

Basically, there is a water pressure coming into the house, so we get a very light flow, if any at all, but there is not enough pressure to move water into the tanks in the attic.

If you are exeriencing these problems, the number for the water services is 1890 500333.

baloo said:
Folks, have any of you been having problems with water over the last few days? I have been in touch with the council and Millbank, they are both blaming each other. The council are not looking into this issue at present because not enough people are putting pressure on them and they keep saying contact Millbank.

Basically, there is a water pressure coming into the house, so we get a very light flow, if any at all, but there is not enough pressure to move water into the tanks in the attic.

If you are exeriencing these problems, the number for the water services is 1890 500333.
Thanks for this info . I do have problem But could not contact Millbank/Council yesterday. Sometimes water is not coming at all. Thanks again for the number.

baloo said:

Hi Baloo, Do you have Millbanks phone number ? I rang the number you have given us but they asked me to call another number 045431364 to report any water problems. As per them they haven't signed any contract with Millbank. They have checked the outside connection and told me that there is nothing wrong. Since it is an internal problem, Millbank has to fix it. I do not know now whether someone available to do this due to builders holiday.

Does anyone have a problem with the water level in their downstairs wc, its either way below the bottom of the bowl or full to the brim, if so what did you do to fix it, I have tried rods, buckets of water etc, someone suggested that the drop was not low enough

Hi, I have been speaking with Millbank again. The builders are on holiday at present but there is one contact that I have. ED123 if you pm me I will give you his number as I don't want to publicly display it on the site, the guy has been very helpful and has been keeping me updated.

I know water pressure is very low everywhere at the minute as the reservoirs are are at a low level, so the council have reduced the pressure it seems. We had no water at all on one of the days last week. Seems fine right now though. Maybe there is a further pressure drop toward the top of the estate?

On a side note, if anyone has issues with their toilets constantly trickling, it's because of dirt sticking in the valve and stopping it shutting off. The solution (with diagrams) can be found here:

[broken link removed]

Basically you have to take the valve out of the cistern and clean it out. Works fine then though!

PS - Our Clearwire/Blueface VOIP is working very well, though we are using a Netgear ATA with a regular phone. Make sure both companies know you're using the other as they both have tweaks they need to make to your account settings to compliment the other...

Thanks for the tip on stopping the trickling of water in cistern. My ensuite was driving me nuts at night !! I have also noticed water level dropping in toilet bowls downstairs and upstairs. Its worrying as its just above the level which prevents reflux gases getting back up into the room.

Millbank provided me only with contact details of snagging plumber who is somewhere off on his holliers at the moment !!

They are doing mains work on the development down by the bridge, could the problem be there? The Waste and water into the estate both go past this other development !?!?!?

Hey all

Those that are living in the estate now, can you tell me what gas supply you are using. Has it been switched over to Natural Gas yet??

With regards to E-nvi and Sky, has anyone got Sky in yet that don't have a phone line. I know if the past in our previous place, we were told that we needed a phone line in order to subscribe but I think I remember someone mentioning it here before that you don't need one.

Maybe a little bit of a dumb question, but do you need a phone line for broadband? Would probably like to get it but don't want to have to actually get line rental from Eircom when we don't intendon using it for phone calls. Sorry just not very IT minded when it comes to things like this?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back