Roseberry Hill Newbridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

clipper1981

Can anyone who has bought here tell me what they think of the place? Good bad or indifferent. Thanks

Hey Clipper, Myself and the missus are waiting on our house in Roseberry Hill to be completed.

The hold up is that the council(or rather their contractors) have not finished the bridge over the railway line yet, April is their new target date. This has meant the developer has had to come up with a workaround for our gas pipes, as a new pipe was to have been built over the railway, with the new bridge.

Anyways, as I, and hardly anyone else, have not moved in yet, you're not going to get much real life experience from anyone living there.

My feeling about the development are pretty positive though. The builder, from the research i've done on him, is bloody good. Not a chancer like many other developers I and others have experienced.

Our kitchen will have a granite worktop as standard, according to the guys inthe kitchen place in Navan that is very unusual. The best bit of news I got from the developer was that the cable tv would be provided by e-nvi (www.e-nvi.com). They seem to be broadband suppliers in the main, and from the answers they have given me for 40 quid a month for the first year I get digital tv,broadband, and voip. So no eircom or ntl anymore, thank god.

Having said that, I'm not living there yet!!!

Actually I've just read your last posts on other forums. It seems you are looking for a buy to let.

I have now changed my mind and Roseberry hill is possibly the worst development I have ever seen. Shoddy workmanship ted, they're all cowboys......
Sorry dude, I don't want to leave beside a rented house!

Seriously, I can't see how you could pay the mortgage from the rental of a house in the development. They ain't cheap.

Its not immediatley obvious but Dathi's second post is 'tounge in cheek'.

I accept his point however, very few people want to buy an expensive residence only to find themselves surrounded by rentals.

aj

Yes sorry for any confusion, the scond post was in jest.

If anyone else on here is buying in roseberry hill, or knows the area well I'd be glad to hear the pros/cons of the area. Although how you can give the pros and cons of what until last year was a field is beyond me ;-)
Anything I should be watching out for in this development/area that is out of the norm?
btw, the developer is Millbank Developments.

thanks

Re: Newbridge commute

As I am moving to Roseberry Hill in Newbridge within the next two months, can anyone currently living in newbridge tell me (honestly) how long the drive to leopardstown/sandyford will take? summer vs winter etc
Thanks

Hi Daithi Og,

I used to allow between 1 hour to 1 hour 30 mins to travel Newbridge - Blanchardstown on N7, very hard to tie it down to exact times as it varied from day to day. With work ongoing on N7 the tailbacks at Johnstown and Kill will be removed but you will still have to deal with Newlands Cross and Red Cow junctions and the upcoming roadworks on M50, so I'd say it will still be a 50 min to 1 hour journey in Summer and up to a 1 hour 30 min journey in winter depending on time you leave Newbridge. Of course if there are any accidents on the way then that's another matter (and it's a fairly regular occurence!!)

I have purchased a house in Roseberry Hill and have been informed about delay after delay, with only a circular and a quick phonecall from the auctioneers to give any explanation. At this stage we are facing at least a 5 month delay, before our property is ready for snagging and upon visiting the site at the weekend we were amazed to see what little progress ahd been made on our unit. We are beginning to think that the delays that we have informed about are only a fraction of the reality.

In relation to your queries about Newbridge, its great town as far amenities go, sports centre, arts centre, 2 GAA clubs, soccer. You name the activity, Newbridge has it or it can be located nearby. The town itself has always been a thriving one, and despite large influxes of people from other areas in recent years, anti-social behaviour is relatively low for a highly populated urban area. That said, there are negative points also , as with any town, area. The location, transport links , variety of clubs and new Whitewater Centre counterbalance these IMO.

I would love to hear from other buyers in Roseberry Hill re: delays.

We were originally told January when signing our contracts, then no news for a long time and in November we were told May 2006. As I mentioned we visited the site and there appears to be machinery stored where our unit should be ! I don't know much about contruction but as far as im aware, its v. unlikely that our house will be built in 3 1/2 months ?

We are utterly disappointed at this stage having given up our rented accomodation months ago, as means to an end which is no longer in sight !

My partner is contacting the estate agents today re: completion date but Im not too hopeful. I suppose when you contract to buy a new house , you take all that comes with it.

We were told December, but as we're not renting at the mo we're not too concerned when we move in.
If the foundations are in then the houses go up unbelieveably quickly. Back in sept/october there was onyl foundations down where our house should have been.Two weeks later the structure was nearly finished. It should be quite possible to have the house in 3 1/2 months I would think. But I suppose it depends on workmen being available to do it. I think the delay on our house is that it would be unsafe to have people move in when there is so much machinery around. I've asked again today when ours should be ready. Will let youknow what the answer is.

I have enquired about the e-nvi broadband connectivity in our site and they said if we pay monthly that would be around 50 Euro for Broadband+Voip+20 Tv channels. On top of that they charge €100 for installation. Is it really better than NTL ?. NTL Broadband = €25 (1 Mb download speed) + Blueface Voip - €15 (There is no call charge on this, Just a €15 flat rate every month, no line rental as well, anytime we can call Ireland and UK FREE) + €10 Digital access that comes with plenty of TV channels. I just thought of giving this piece of info incase if someone is interested.

Did you get the q&a email from nvi? I can post it here or pm it to you.
If you go prepaid for 12 months with them it 40 quid a month, 50 after the first year.
You have to have digital tv with ntl before you can opt for the broadband as well, so I think its 28ish xtra on top of the 25 for broadband.
Plus I hate ntl after several years of unbelieveably bad customer service.I will never go near them again.

hello, we have bought in Roseberry Hill and were given an initial completion date of November and then it was February. Our house still has scaffolding on it, but it looks like it could be another 6 weeks or so. Hopefully. Does anybody know what the story is with the management fee mentioned in the contracts? Thanks

Hello buyers, I am from Millbank Developments, the builders, and found this forum while looking for something else. Anyways, I thought I would answer some of your questions above - we usually try to answer any questions that we are asked.
As regards buying, Sullivan's (www.sullivan.ie) are looking after sales.
Sorry for the delays in completions, which I know can be very frustrating but most were outside our control - they are even more frustrating for us. The biggest delay was actually the ESB in moving power lines on site and supplying power to the houses. We requested this in Dec 2004, however, power was only connected just before Christmas 2005. (Some of this delay was because adjacent lands that the lines had to come through had changed hands during the process).

Things are moving along very well at the moment though. We are building the entrance now that Council have progressed far enough with the road construction. We are completing about 4 houses per week and there should be no further delays. Sullivans have an up-to-date completion schedule which shouldn't change.

Thanks for the "bloody good" reference DaithiOg!

I hope this helps a little.
Fergus

Thanks for that info Fergus.
Do I get an american style fridge freezer as I gave you a good reference?!!!
For those interested in the planning permission application for field beside roseberry hill towards station road, I checked this out today at the council office.
It would appear that the 4 story block is at the very edge of the development so won't be overlooking roseberry. And the 3 story blocks are well away also_Only 3 and 4 bed 2 story houses backing onto roseberry hill according to the plans. So no worries that i can see from that.

Hi Fergus,

What kind of an entrance would that be that you are referring to. Just wanted to check if there will be a boundary wall or some kind of a fence build around the estate - in the interest of security.

Hi DaithiOg,

You've said about the field beside roseberry. Do you by any chance have any info on what's coming on the other side of the estate - the far side if coming in from the train station. Will be of great help if you can share anythingelse you know.

The front entrance walls/railings will be either side of the roundabout to the boundaries with the adjacent lands. They will be built from stone (same type as the houses) with railings and there will be entrance piers with Roeberry Hill signs either side on the walls. Our intention is have up-lights illuminating them so they should be very nice. The development will have a security fence on all boundaries.

Hi Chris,
Kildare council have their name on a development right beside the railway tracks at the moment. Social and affordable housing i believe. THe whole area will eventually be built up with various housing developments. I think millbank have applied for permission for more houses beside roseberry towards the bridge.

If anyone here has moved into one of the houses currently occupied in roseberry, could you pm me. I have a few questions on the upstairs flooring in particular.
Chris123 said:
Hi DaithiOg,

You've said about the field beside roseberry. Do you by any chance have any info on what's coming on the other side of the estate - the far side if coming in from the train station. Will be of great help if you can share anythingelse you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back