Roseberry Hill Newbridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
baloo said:
Clearwire is running fine for me.

Hi Baloo, Thanks a mill. I know Clearwire is running fine for you but what about the Blueface VOIP ? I have connected up today with Blueface + Clearwire but the Sound quality is extremely poor. Most of the time the person on the other side can't hear my Voice. As per Blueface tech support the problem is with Clearwire. They think that Clearwire does not have enough Bandwidth to connect to VOIP as they follow g729 codec as standard which uses optimized bandwidth. My C.W Broadband speed is 2 MB and the Modem Lights are showing full signal strength. The problem is being investigated by Clearwire tech support but just want to know whether you have gone through this problem before.

did everyone receive theri "update" from Millbank? it mentions they want to switch over to natural gas etc.
are we not contracted to flogas for a year? or will we be able to switch from flogas (lpg gas) to bord gais (natural gas) without hassle?

peadar1 said:
Can anyone who has moved in and had their American style fridge installed, let me know if they had to get plumbing installed to provide water to the ice maker or is it already in place?
Thanks

the attachments come with the fridge. easily enough installed. wouldn't pay someone to come in and do it.

Joeyjoejoe

We havnt received and update. Was it only given to people in their houses already or supposedly everybody. Was just wondering what it says.

Thanks in advance
J

metnioned that they are close to switching over to natural gas and that envi will be able to offer broadband soon. it was prob only sent to those already in their houses.

Writing this post from an internet kiosk in Lanzarote!
Somebody might call me crazy but with the lack of service, information etc (you name it), I did not want to take anything for granted and wanted to ask anyone how is the develoipment progressing. The weather has been very good so the builders should have been able to do a fiar bit of work.
Someone asked about the american style fridge.
I am not sure if it is mentioned earlier or is this in my PM but I think someone stated that they were charged 150 Eu for getting the water connected tol the fridge freezer!

Your living in Roseberry by now, do you have any info if any landline telefone provider is close to reaching our estate soon. Someone mentioned next year...

Got to go as one hour here is 6 euro! but will read the posts

regedit2 said:
Writing this post from an internet kiosk in Lanzarote!
Somebody might call me crazy
Yes ! ;-)
A lot of cleaning cleannig work seems to have been done on the houses yet to be finished(at least on the ones near the entrance-can't comment on the others), the only reason i can see for that is if they were nearly ready to be snagged. When are the builders holidays? Last 2 weeks in july?
Council have lamposts erected on the main road outside, hopefully they will be finished soon.
On getting a plumber to fit a fridge freezer with an icemaker- 150 euro is money for old rope. Readers Digest DIY book can be bought for 20 euro, you can learn how to do the basics from that. Turn off the mains under the sink and you can't do too much wrong! Take your time doing it and the 150 quid can be better spent!!
Enjoy the sun (its still here as well!!!!)

regedit2 said:
Your living in Roseberry by now, do you have any info if any landline telefone provider is close to reaching our estate soon. Someone mentioned next year...

Eircom Engineer was at home yesterday to fit the phone socket. It looks like they are doing it in all the houses. Still do not know an estimated time I think it still stands January 2007. The other option is Clearwire+Blueface. It is not working perfectly at the moment. I was told by Clearwire people that they know what is wrong with their bandwidth and an engineer is trying to increase the bandwidth for VOIP users. So they have promised to fix the problem in a weeks time. Currently it is a trial period so I won't be charged until I get a better service. Their broadband is really fast enough though.

DaithiOg said:
Yes ! ;-)
On getting a plumber to fit a fridge freezer with an icemaker- 150 euro is money for old rope. Readers Digest DIY book can be bought for 20 euro, you can learn how to do the basics from that. Turn off the mains under the sink and you can't do too much wrong! Take your time doing it and the 150 quid can be better spent!!
Enjoy the sun (its still here as well!!!!)

DaithiOg,
By all means, I will not pay 150 for the plumbing of the fridge freezer, just mentioned that someone PM me that that was the amount paid by them.
Good to hear that work going well. That is what we all want.
Cheers

DaithiOg said:
Yes ! ;-)
A lot of cleaning cleannig work seems to have been done on the houses yet to be finished(at least on the ones near the entrance-can't comment on the others), the only reason i can see for that is if they were nearly ready to be snagged. When are the builders holidays? Last 2 weeks in july?

I was told the builder's holidays are usually in the last week of July and can go up to 3 weeks. I really hope they call us for snagging atleast before then...
anyway, been thinking of different kinds of flooring, etc... can someone suggest any good tilers or wooden floor layers pls...

In regards to the buiders holidays, the official holidays according to the CIF (Construction Industry Federation) are from Monday 24rd July to Friday 4th August inclusively. But the bank holiday monday is the following Monday so no-one will be back on site until Tuesday 8th August, The friday before the holidays is usually a right off too due to people winding down

Chris123 said:
I was told the builder's holidays are usually in the last week of July and can go up to 3 weeks. I really hope they call us for snagging atleast before then...
anyway, been thinking of different kinds of flooring, etc... can someone suggest any good tilers or wooden floor layers pls...

Have asked here about a tiler. Nobody responded.
Quite a few people are living in RH by now and they should know of good craftsmen.
Someone suggested to me a Moildovan tiler who charges 10 Eu a sq/m and apparently he can shoiw you all his work. Was told that he is not a cowboy but must see first.
As for flooring, have decided to go with laminated flooring upstairs and semi solid downstairs. I went into World of Pine in Blanchardstown and a very useful man was working there. Suggested the Balterio range which is realy nice. He said he would go down and measure the place so that no surplus is ordered. (the best quality laminate including fitting and underlay is 28 Eu sq/meter.
I asked him about solid flooring dowsntairs ansd the man said he would not recommend it diue to the high moisture content for the firs or two years.

regedit2 said:
Have asked here about a tiler. Nobody responded.
Quite a few people are living in RH by now and they should know of good craftsmen.
Someone suggested to me a Moildovan tiler who charges 10 Eu a sq/m and apparently he can shoiw you all his work. Was told that he is not a cowboy but must see first.
As for flooring, have decided to go with laminated flooring upstairs and semi solid downstairs. I went into World of Pine in Blanchardstown and a very useful man was working there. Suggested the Balterio range which is realy nice. He said he would go down and measure the place so that no surplus is ordered. (the best quality laminate including fitting and underlay is 28 Eu sq/meter.
I asked him about solid flooring dowsntairs ansd the man said he would not recommend it diue to the high moisture content for the firs or two years.

Thanks for your reply, Regedit. I was initially goin to go with carpets upstairs but might have to think again. with all the constructions happening around, I think there's going to be loadsa dust in the air. Wooden floor should be easier to maintain.

Chris123 said:
Thanks for your reply, Regedit. I was initially goin to go with carpets upstairs but might have to think again. with all the constructions happening around, I think there's going to be loadsa dust in the air. Wooden floor should be easier to maintain.

Absolutely.
If you ever want carpets later, it is very simple to put them down.

has anyone got broadband from ENVI yet? if so what is the quality like?

Joeyjoejoe said:
has anyone got broadband from ENVI yet? if so what is the quality like?
I rang ENVI yesterday to get a status. I was told that Broadband connection would take around 3 months at least.

ED123 said:
I rang ENVI yesterday to get a status. I was told that Broadband connection would take around 3 months at least.

Seems to me that the best option will be to us mobile phone untill eircon brings the copper wires. Once that is done, BB is available from most other resellers. I think I will stick with BT even though their billing system sucks largely. E-nvi has had a long time to complete all the infrastructure works and have BB and VOIP ready but they have failed to do so.
I think if we persist in annoying Eircom to get us landlines earlier that January 2007, we might get lucky!

A while back someone mentioned that they received a bill in their own name of €200 when they moved in, the buoiders had set up the bill in the purchasers name, to my knowledge this is not exactly legal.

Can anyone advise me on what they did. I assume the purchaser did not pay this bill!

I was down on site last week to snag and noticed that the labourers were using the electricity supply from the houses to carry out work.
So I am expecting to recieve a bill also.

The foundations to the creche and shop have been laid and they are not far off pouring the ground floor slab.

Work on the new phase from what I can tell has begun. If residents have any trouble with their houses then I don't think that they need worry about the builders leaving before completing the works as the 2nd phase will take up to 2 years to complete. So they will be around for some time yet, unless they go bust in the middle of it all and someone else has to come in to finish the job, something which I don't expect to happen but i have seen in the past.

I hope that they will be putting down an additional layer of tarmac to the raods as the quality of what is there at the moment isn't much to talk about. I understand that there is still machinery driving over these roads but the roads up past the show houses and around the back of them is not in the best of condition. I would hope that the maintenance fee that we pay is actually going to be spent maintaining the roads etc in a good condition and not maintaining poor roads in poor conditions

Drove down to Newbridge yesterday with wife and visited Roseberry Hill. We arrived at the time of the dinner brake so most of the builders were taking their brake. Anyway, our house is progressing quite well-at least that is the impression we got. We managed to speak to the main foreman, who BTW was upset to see us around the house (but as a disclaimer added that we would need to make an appointment next time...). He said that we could ring him 2day and he would give us a precise completion date.

Managed to dig out some info on the second phase. It will have 200+ houses and it will take them at least 2 years to complete. The foundations for the crèche and shop seem to be there and they will have a dedicated parking for them.

Interesting is the fact that just bellow Roseberry hill, in the direction of the bridge, someone has started a new development and are seemingly building showhouses! The bridge as most of you know is closed yet but from what I could see from a distance, it seems to have a new layer of tarmac and I was under the impression that it will be open fairly soon.

The walls look fine and are possibly the nicest feature of the estate so far. Saw an Eircom van in front of a house so they must be doing wiring for landlines. If someone PM with details of plumbers, electricians, tilers etc, I will compile a FAQ and ask the moderator to stick it at the top of the page. That way we could all know who is decent and who should be avoided.

regedit2 said:
If someone PM with details of plumbers, electricians, tilers etc, I will compile a FAQ and ask the moderator to stick it at the top of the page. That way we could all know who is decent and who should be avoided.

You would be better off starting your own forum to discuss such issues (like the guys in the Lymewood Mews thread)-we won't be posting such a sticky on AAM. See Brendan's recent announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back