Roseberry Hill Newbridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
orles said:
Hey all

Those that are living in the estate now, can you tell me what gas supply you are using. Has it been switched over to Natural Gas yet??

With regards to E-nvi and Sky, has anyone got Sky in yet that don't have a phone line. I know if the past in our previous place, we were told that we needed a phone line in order to subscribe but I think I remember someone mentioning it here before that you don't need one.

Maybe a little bit of a dumb question, but do you need a phone line for broadband? Would probably like to get it but don't want to have to actually get line rental from Eircom when we don't intendon using it for phone calls. Sorry just not very IT minded when it comes to things like this?!?!?

Orles,
Although we do not live in the stata eyt, I will try to answer some of the questions..
As of last week, the residents were not using natural gas yet. The foreman on site said that they were trying to negotiate natural gas but was unsure how loing would it take them to make the transfer.
Now that you can avail of landline telephone, there is no obstacle in getting Sky+. I think the normal Sky was available without a landline but not multiroom viewing. That's at least what I understood.
As far as broadband wiythout a landline is concerned, you can avail of: Irishbroadband, Clearwire (who are wireless providers or even Digiweb I think). NTL seems to do a good package where they offer cable internet (through their existing infrastructure), telephone calls (I think) and digital TV. Someone said that they charge 60 for the whole package.
Anyway, Wireless broadband seems to present obstacle for most of the iSP in this country so to play it safe, I would go with a landline and broadband. BT Ireland have a package of 1 MB broadband and line rental for 35 Eu per month. 2MB + line rental is 40 Eu and the 3 MB + line rentalis 509 Eu per month. If you make loads of local calls, they have the broadbannd and total talk offer for an additional 13 Eu (includes all local, national and UK calls)!

Orles:

Still on LPG - Changeover coming though - Millbank sent round sheets to enquire what appliances we had running off gas so they know what they have to do when they have to come round & remove the LPG injectors.

You can get wireless broadband from Clearwire or Irish Broadband - No phone line needed (though Irish Broadband need to put up an antenna on the roof I think - Clearwire just send you a box that sits on your desk).

Sky just push the phoneline as that's how the box operates it's Box Office services etc, but I suspect if you tell them you have no phone line then it shouldn't be an issue. However, I have to say Chorus Digital's basic lineup is worth a look too - It has all the channels you'd really ever watch on Sky, unless you wanted Sky Movies/Sky Sports.

Thanks Regedit2 for filling me in. Great help. Have to see about my options now.

Have you any idea now on when you expect to be called for your snags??

orles said:
Thanks Regedit2 for filling me in. Great help. Have to see about my options now.

Have you any idea now on when you expect to be called for your snags??

Were told that this would happen once the builders return from their holidays (just in case, I will give it another month!)

The water service to my house has resumed. The Water Works Department turned up the pressure after many days of denying it was their fault.

We have been called to do snag on our house, immediatley after builders holiday so I think everyone else should be too.

hi neighbours,

Just curious and wanted to check if anyone's got an american fridge freezer from the builders. If so, do you get the fridge itself or do they give a voucher. If it's the fridge, can you please say what make and model it is?

thanks.

I received a Samsung Fridge/freezer, when you collect your keys they issue you with a number and voucher, its either dixons or currys, I cant remember, they normally deliver within the week.

This website may be of interest to those of you who have bought in Roseberry Hill

I have no connection.

CCOVICH said:
This website may be of interest to those of you who have bought in Roseberry Hill

I have no connection.

Thanks for that ccovich.
I tried to register RH and got an email from somebody called Ciaran (mod or admin I presume) of the site telling me that they would be in toucch shortly to add RH to neighbours.ie

CCOVICH said:

Roseberry Hill is listed in the above site now.
However, the link is not functional as yet. I am sure we will soon be able to access it. We can continue to use askaboutmoney for many other topics.

Hi CCOVICH & Regedit2,

I am the adminstrator for neighbours.ie and I promise to have Roseberry Hill up and running before the weekend is out. I will confirm this with you on completion. I hope this answers your query.

Regards,
Ciaran

ciarank said:
Hi CCOVICH & Regedit2,

I am the adminstrator for neighbours.ie and I promise to have Roseberry Hill up and running before the weekend is out. I will confirm this with you on completion. I hope this answers your query.

Regards,
Ciaran

That's great newsCiaran.

hello again,

I heard from a friend of mine that usually the annual fees paid to the management company covers the Building part of the home insurance as well leaving only the contents to be insured by us. Is this true with our management fees as well, would anyone know?

THanks.

Hi

A quick note to say that Roseberry Hill has been added to Neighbours.ie

It can be accessed directly @

Thank you for your patience while this was being set up.

Regards,
Ciaran

ciarank said:
Hi

A quick note to say that Roseberry Hill has been added to Neighbours.ie

It can be accessed directly @

Thank you for your patience while this was being set up.
Regards,
Ciaran

Just to confirm that it is up and running. It is the same format as this board do people should find it easy to access

Not sure if anyone's still seeing this forum - but will try posting it in both places.

just wanted to check what the story is with ESB and Gas connections to the new houses. I was told by the builders that our house is ready for closing the sale - but when I visited the site for a final check before paying, I was shocked to see that there is no electricity and gas connected. When asked they are after saying that the house is all done and it is up to ESB and gas guys to do the connections. They say I should go ahead and close the sale and they'll get these done in a week's time.

Is anyone else in a similar situation. please let me know. should I go by the builder's word and close the sale?? it's just that I'm a first time buyer and am not aware of these things. isn't this something the builder should take care of before the sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back