Roseberry Hill Newbridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Redegit,

Can you PM me the foreman or site office number so that we can chat about completion date ? House looks finished but a lot of ground work to be done. Has looked the same for the last month !

thanks

SNB said:
Redegit,

Can you PM me the foreman or site office number so that we can chat about completion date ? House looks finished but a lot of ground work to be done. Has looked the same for the last month !

thanks

I do not know what house number is yours but a digger was doing quite a lot of work yesterday on gardens. Check PM.

Hi - last week, i managed to have a look at the house that I'm buying and must admit that I'm quite happy with the work they have done. I won't say it's worth the wait coz i've been waiting too long but I'm happy that the end product is not bad at all. there is still loads to be done outside the house and everything.

One thing I noticed is that almost all houses that have already been built have a kind of a drive-in and a bit of a garden in front of the houses but some of them including mine has nothing. The road is straight in front of the house with parking spaces. THis I thought is highly unfair. any comments anyone ?

Chris123 said:
Hi - last week, i managed to have a look at the house that I'm buying and must admit that I'm quite happy with the work they have done. I won't say it's worth the wait coz i've been waiting too long but I'm happy that the end product is not bad at all. there is still loads to be done outside the house and everything.

One thing I noticed is that almost all houses that have already been built have a kind of a drive-in and a bit of a garden in front of the houses but some of them including mine has nothing. The road is straight in front of the house with parking spaces. THis I thought is highly unfair. any comments anyone ?

The work seems OK judging my my uneducated guess. Will have to wait and see what the end prduct will be.

The foreman I spoke to yesterday basicaly said if we have any problems, they are not going anywhere in the next two or so years so any problem can be rectified.
Cannot comment on thespace in front of your house but there is not much in front of ours either. Will have to wait and see.

I have been informed that the owners of the house for sale have split up therefore the house has to be sold

Can anyone shed any light on broadband connection without connection to eircom

LJMC said:
Can anyone shed any light on broadband connection without connection to eircom
If you would like to take up wireless broadband connection then you can either go with Irish broadband or Clearwire.

Just wondering for those that have moved into the estate, can you tell me how you went about with getting a refuse collection sorted and have the started to collect yet?? Trying to think of all bits and pieces before we move down

LJMC said:
I have been informed that the owners of the house for sale have split up therefore the house has to be sold

The price has gone up quite a lot.
The price on sale is either an Ash or Sycamore. The original price would have been (depending on the time of purchase) between 280.000-292.000 and it is now on sale for 335K. Once all the houses are completed in phase one, I am sure this will bring up their price even more.

Well Folks, I have been in situ for just over a week now. With regards broadband, Clearwire seems so far a good bet. My house is towards to back of phase one and I'm averaging about 800kb/s download. Clearwire have equipment at the train station which means the signal is quite good. I don't work for them in case any of ye are wondering, they have a deal going at the moment €29.99 pm for 6 months for their high speed package, but again this is relative. The package allows up to 2Mb/s but as you can see above I'm not getting quite that. But, the closer your house is to the main road the better the signal and the faster the download rate you'll get!!

With regards refuse, there are 2 companies that I can see , Oxigen and AES, rates are pretty similar and offer a rotating service, one week general waste next week recyclables !!

Finally …. With regards to snagging your homes, while many of ye may think the finish is good and invariably it is pretty good, it’s the little things that will start to stick out. For those of you who have breakfast counters in your homes ensure that the sockets are at least 6 inches above them …. I was looking at a situation of drilling a hole in the counter in order for a plug to fit in. Check your Central heating and open all radiators, watch out for leaks, check the pump for the showers, this is not something inherent with this estate, its just good practice that was passed onto me from my Dad.

That’s my bit for the moment!!

Slán go foill

Tags said:
Well Folks, I have been in situ for just over a week now. With regards broadband, Clearwire seems so far a good bet. My house is towards to back of phase one and I'm averaging about 800kb/s download. Clearwire have equipment at the train station which means the signal is quite good. I don't work for them in case any of ye are wondering, they have a deal going at the moment €29.99 pm for 6 months for their high speed package, but again this is relative. The package allows up to 2Mb/s but as you can see above I'm not getting quite that. But, the closer your house is to the main road the better the signal and the faster the download rate you'll get!!

With regards refuse, there are 2 companies that I can see , Oxigen and AES, rates are pretty similar and offer a rotating service, one week general waste next week recyclables !!

Finally …. With regards to snagging your homes, while many of ye may think the finish is good and invariably it is pretty good, it’s the little things that will start to stick out. For those of you who have breakfast counters in your homes ensure that the sockets are at least 6 inches above them …. I was looking at a situation of drilling a hole in the counter in order for a plug to fit in. Check your Central heating and open all radiators, watch out for leaks, check the pump for the showers, this is not something inherent with this estate, its just good practice that was passed onto me from my Dad.

That’s my bit for the moment!!

Slán go foill

Thanks Tag.
The broadband speeds will get much higher once eircon goes live (January 2007?). In the meantime will have to stick with whoever if offering the best deals out there. It is a pitty that E-nvi are not well organised as going with them would have made sese as we would have broadband, VOIP and TV channels. For now, I think once Iwe move in, we will go with Clearwire and keep our Sky package.

Regarding snagging, now that quite a few of you are living in RH and had to have your houses snagged, could you post the details of any reputable snagger/snagging company.

Redegit2,

As regards snagging, I think your unit is near ours and we were called to snag today...... quite suprised but delighted. Just thought you would like to know in case you have not heard for a while.

Regarding the house for sale, it is an ash type and there's already a bid in for 350, which is a fair amount above original asking price of 280. I have moved into an ash type house a few months now and found many but minor snags. mostly repainting, cleaning and a couple of minor leaks. However, I did have an issue with the paint finishing on the outside of the house and had to fight to get it redone twice. (Still not totally happy with it). If anyone is still waiting to move into an ash I have detailed floor plans, window sizes and appliance sizes. Also i can provide a copy of our snags, to show what to look out for.

Has anyone here bought a two bed close plan house ? I remember from the showhouse that all the appliances were built in. I also remember that the washing machine, built in, was narrower than your regular size washing machine, like a slimline dishwasher for all the world.

I rang the EA to find out where they sourced this as have not been able to find one. Brand was Indesit.

I'd be delighted if anyone could help out on this one !

Potatoman said:
Regarding the house for sale, it is an ash type and there's already a bid in for 350, which is a fair amount above original asking price of 280. I have moved into an ash type house a few months now and found many but minor snags. mostly repainting, cleaning and a couple of minor leaks. However, I did have an issue with the paint finishing on the outside of the house and had to fight to get it redone twice. (Still not totally happy with it). If anyone is still waiting to move into an ash I have detailed floor plans, window sizes and appliance sizes. Also i can provide a copy of our snags, to show what to look out for.

Thanks for that Potatoman. This can be very useful for those waiting get in to measure. I now I am at that stage and can't really order any applicances etc. If anyone is willing to offer the same information the Sycamore 3 bed I would be delighted. You can either pm me or post it on this thread.

Thanks neighbours!!

orles said:
Thanks for that Potatoman. This can be very useful for those waiting get in to measure. I now I am at that stage and can't really order any applicances etc. If anyone is willing to offer the same information the Sycamore 3 bed I would be delighted. You can either pm me or post it on this thread.

Thanks neighbours!!

Orles,
We will be going down next week to measure our (Sycamore) house. I will send the dimensions on to you as soon as I have them.

Potatoman
Also i can provide a copy of our snags, to show what to look out for.

That would be very helpful.
Posting the snag list or results would be exteremly helpful, not just from you but anyone willing to do so

SNB said:
Has anyone here bought a two bed close plan house ? I remember from the showhouse that all the appliances were built in. I also remember that the washing machine, built in, was narrower than your regular size washing machine, like a slimline dishwasher for all the world.

I rang the EA to find out where they sourced this as have not been able to find one. Brand was Indesit.

I'd be delighted if anyone could help out on this one !
Have a look here, or here .These are the 45 cm dishwashers.
I am sure I have seen slimlline fitted dw jin DID electrical or power city. However, I do not think I would go for an Indesit. If you can afford it, go for a Bosch. Have read many reviews and their appliances seem to be great.

With regards to e-nvi, I think they are best avoided. A ten foot barge pole tends to spring to mind. I have been in contact with them with regards to their service. I was originally told that they would be using CAT-7 cabling around the house. Basically this type would provide speeds in excess of 100G/sec but its still only in development. When I probed a bit deeper into what was on offer , the value of what was being offered got less and less. Have you tried contacting them?

Tags said:
With regards to e-nvi, I think they are best avoided. A ten foot barge pole tends to spring to mind. I have been in contact with them with regards to their service. I was originally told that they would be using CAT-7 cabling around the house. Basically this type would provide speeds in excess of 100G/sec but its still only in development. When I probed a bit deeper into what was on offer , the value of what was being offered got less and less. Have you tried contacting them?

Below is the email I / and most of you got from e-nvi regarding the cat5-cat7
Q. I am confused as to whether it is CAT 6 or CAT 7 cabling in the house, can you clarify?
A. Unfortunately E-nvi was not contracted for the cabling of the homes. The builder has done this for you. Please confirm with the builder as to where data points will be installed in your home. All we can confirm to you is that CAT 5e has been installed and that is adequate for carrying our data throughout your home.

So that says it all.
If one was to ask the builders, I am siure they would say e-nvi was to be blamed and vice versa.
The foinal point is we have been screwed up!

To be honest I'v been dealing with the lads in Roseberry and have to say getting on quite well with them. Theyre fairly quick with the snagging. Haven't too many things to do now apart from some touch up painting !! Was thinking about asking them to re-do the plants at the front of the house. At this stage it looks like a case of scorched earth as they were planted during the unny blitz that we had at the start of June

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back