Newbury Wood, Clonshaugh, D.17

Hi Bell23

Well i have been told since i posted earlier that i should ring the builders next tuesday to arrange snag i have been told 4 different things at this stage i am totally confused.I am just keeping my fingers crossed that i will have some information about when i can do my snag next week.

Fraklin

Hi Franklin,
Got a call from the foreman yesterday re the desnag so hopefully we'll get to to it this week and he told me that someone from DCC had been out to look at the houses!! Maybe you should ring Mick Boyle yourself about your snag and see if you can arrange it with him.
Belle23

Hi, doing a DE-sang on house on Friday, if everything is grand what happens next? buying it through shared ownership?
thanks

Hiya

Would anybody be able to tell me what the loans and grants dept look for on the day of signing i'm three days trying to contact someone .

Thanks
Franklin

Hi Alaskaloine

Thanks a Mill for getting back to me i'm signing tomorrow and just got a call about 20 mins ago and your right thats all i need.

Thanks
Franklin

Franklin - Glad to hear you finally get the keys (house). I think at this stage most of the people have moved in. I've seen the 1st few houses are still empty but who knows what the delay is. I wonder what's the story with the very 1st house. It has a huge gate at the side instead of a wall like we do.

Well, good luck tomorrow and welcome to the street :)

Does anybody know the story with the phone line?
I've just come off the phone to Eircom for the 3rd time in as many weeks.
I'm now told that we aren't on the network because of an unknown problem.
If they don't know what the problem is, I surely don't know.

Has anybody else been looking into getting a phone line and broadband etc?
I really need this stuff for doing work from home!!

J+L

I'm on NTL and have phone, broadband, tv. All has been well till today when I've only just got back online this evening. They're sending someone out tomorrow......just as well I'm off sick eh !!
Binstores.......people what are we going to do with them ??? They're just filling up with rubbish people are throwing in. Council won't remove the rubbish and it's flying all over the street.
Mick, Tom anyone seen or heard from them either ? I'm waiting to hear about a problem with one of my windows ?

Hi All,
These boards have been great btw:) Have to agree with you determined (hi!), the bin stores are awful - I did ring DCC, who said they'd empty them 'as a courtesy' for the second time last week, (they emptied the first one I know) but from now on, we'd have to pay privately for them to be emptied. I know my bins are an eyesore at my door but my binstore is filling up again...not sure what to do????

just to let anyone know. rang eircom 2day. jan 2nd. they said phone connections will not be sorted now untill mid feb.

Hi Everyone
Just a quick question is anybody having trouble with there pressure with the hot tap for shower and bath it is just dribbling at this stage everything else seems fine taps toilets ect but i can't even have shower at the moment have to head to parents i did have this on my snag list water pressure thanks in advance for any replys.

Franklin

Not having problems there franklin, but had a leak! Rang the plumber and he came out next day - you should ring him, do you want his number?

Hi Mary15

Yeah that would be great was he expensive to get out ????thanks for getting back to me so quick

Franklin

No, I didn't have to pay him. I spoke to Tom who said that in theory, because we've all signed contracts etc, we should be getting our own plumbers/electricians etc but because the houses are so new, that they should all come out to us if there are any problems (as it's obviously their error). His name is gary and its 0872482361 - he's coming back out to me tomorrow because I've another leak! Maybe he could drop into you too.

If you have signed contracts, you have technically a year from that date to have the builders come out and fix any issues with plumming or the building in itself. After the year it can be a little more difficult and they might threaten to charge you but i have had my boiler fixed after the year with no charge...

If you have signed contracts, you have technically a year from that date to have the builders come out and fix any issues with plumming or the building in itself.

yep that's correct, my solicitor had told me the same before i signed the contract.

in regards to the bin stores: it really annoys me!!! :mad: i have one right infront of my house and i see people throwing stuff in it as if it's the most normal thing to do. we all got the DCC letter stating that littering is illegal, right??? i don't know what these people are thinking and every time i see one, i am wondering if i should go out and give out but these people live in our street and the last thing i want is to fall out with any one :(

i didn't check my ntl today but hoping it works fine! i dont have phone but wireless broadband and that one works fine, too but has nothing to do with eircom.

by the way, hello to everyone on this forum thread again, its been a while since we all got our keys :) happy belated new year!

Last edited:
Back