Newbury Wood, Clonshaugh, D.17

HI Guys
Has anybody been in touch with Eircom by any chance ??? I was onto them about two weeks ago and the around three weeks ?

Thanks
Franklin

hi all

thought you all might be interested in reading the thread about remortgaging with a private lender without activating the clawback charge its in the affordable housing and shared ownership section its going through the dail at the moment but looks set to be passed just after easter sounds interesting as i for one would like to change my interest rate !!!!

does anybody have a phoneline in tere house because eircom are feeding me a load of crap. they dont know when the work will be done. can someone tell who they have a phoneline with. thanks

i have irish broadband 19€ (works grand in mine) and ntl digital with € 25 a month. i dont have a phone line but im not planning to get one either, mobile will do me for a while. :)

I got tv and broadband with ntl but the broadband never worked and I'm waiting for them to disconnect...will stick with work pc for now!

Sorry Guys can i ask when the recycling bin is collected? Having great difficulty getting anyone in Greyhound to answer the phone or send me out a calendar.. I've used the Bring Centre but can't always get down there at the weekends.

Thanks
M

HI Guys

Maybe this is a really stupid question but i know Greyhound collect the Green Bin but who collects the rest i have only had my green bin picked up once since i moved in to house in january none of my other bins have been picked up at all ????? Thanks for any ans to this

Franklin

Hi All,

I don't know about the green bin as I'm also having terrible trouble trying to get it collected. Greyhound did collect it about 2 weeks ago - I just wait until I see everyone else with it out and put mine out.

The brown and black bins are collected by DCC EVERY THURSDAY. Today it's the brown bin. Next thursday, it's the black bin. And so on...

I walked out my door this morning to find that someone had dug up a plant opposite my house (at the parking area) and put it on top of my car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was obviously someone who jumped over the wall and was messing! Who in their right mind would DO something like that????? I couldn't re-plant this morning as I was rushing out to work - I'll replant tonight. And get a carwash!!!!

Thanks for that Mary15 there whare kids hanging around yesterday i saw them jumping over the wall from the field about four of them i've seen them a few times running along the plants against the wall .

Brats!

Though I wasn't home till 8pm last night so it had to have been done sometime after that...! I'll kill them if I see them :mad: No literally...of course...!

Hi All
Just thought i would give you all a laugh just spoke to paul in eircom and he said could be May before Eircom are in but he could not guarantee that and could some months after may so not really comitting to anything

Franklin

:eek: Franklin! Are we experiencing all these problems because our road hasn't been 'commissioned' by DCC yet (no road name etc etc)??? I was told that months ago...it can take up to two years for that to happen - whatever it actually means! Maybe I have the wrong word sorry...but it was something like commissioned...until we begin to appear on maps etc...???

HI Mary15
Yeah he said that dublin city council have to pass it or something but surely when they new the houses where going to be built there they would have started the process instead of risking losing 59 customers i just find them rude now and dismissive .they will be quick enough to send bills when it is up and running sorry for my rant but it is so frustrating

Franklin

cancelled my eircom account last friday. rang ntl same day and they are installing it today. get away from eircom

Driving down the road today there is green bins blowing everywhere. I'm sick of the rubbish and so many residents don't seem to care. The middle of the street is covered in beer cans and bottles blown out of the bins. I stopped and lifted a bin which had blown over. I picked up what rubbish I could nearby but it's blowing everywhere.
Spent 10 mins on hold to greyhound and then gave up.
Anyone have any luck getting through to them ??

I tried them twice today determined after I saw your post this morning, but couldn't get them. It's a joke at this stage. Hope my bin didn't blow over as I only left it out because I saw others left out this morning! I dunno...should we (collectively) get in touch with TD's r sumtin??

Back