Newbury Wood, Clonshaugh, D.17

Hi ive bought a house in newbury wood but haven't moved in yet although I to have noticed the litter problem at times when i have been out at my house my understanding was that the bin stores were for what they state to store our bins? am i wrong ? i had planed on leaving my bins in d stores on a permanent basis as i didn't want them at the front of my house nor did i want to drag them through the house on bin day surely if all bins were stored in the bin store there would be no room for dumpers to dump rubbish??

Hi Sel,

When alot of us moved in (October for me), the builders were still on-site and we had no bins. The foreman told me (and I know, other residents) that it ws ok to throw our black bags etc into the bin stores until we got the bins. DCC came and emptied out the bin stores once we got our bins.

But I guess that previously, people had seen packing(cardboard) etc there, and just kept throwing it in,even though we all had our bins.

I rang DCC a few times on this one, and in fairness they did come back and empty the stores a 2nd time and sent a letter around telling all the residents that they were for bins only.

I know my bin store is still full of rubbish and DCC have told me we'd have to pay for it to be removed privately and they won't empty them again....it's a bit of a dilema alright.

I still don't know any neighbours and I'm sure alot of us are in the same boat so it's not something that seems to be geting sorted anytime soon...................

Saw the gutter guy, he was working on a neighbors, with the said neighbor watching on. He then moved up the street but did hang around for a while. That said his van was covered in his advertising stating who he was along with tel no which I didn't catch lol.

Did anyone notice the snow falling off the roofs in great drifts......I think this may have damaged some gutters.

Bins Bins Bins
Ideally yes we should all keep our bins in the bin stores but tbh for those of us lucky to have side entrances, we're hardly likely to bother when we can have it out back. So if you count the "terraced" houses on the road, then that's probably the sum total of people who need the bin stores.

Contraversial perhaps but I think it's pure laziness. I go to the recyling center on oscar Traynor Road regularily, bins or no bins. Why was anyone throwing cardboard into the bin stores anyway...........jeez the recyling center is 5 mins away. Litter bugs.

hey guys, it's friday *yeeeay* :D just thought, its so nice that our thread is still on and sharing the views with others.

gutter guy - didnt see one but i was probably in work. sounds freaky though. my curtains are always open during day time - so free sight in :rolleyes:

snow falling - on mine, its ice: large, heavy, sharp ice pieces. if somebody would have stood at my door at the time when they fell, somebody would have got seriously injured :(

bins - funny enough, when i moved into my house in october and i asked the builders what the stores were for, they said, its later for the bins and for now, not for cluttering and they dont know who is going to unclutter it. at the time, there were quite some conflicting information going around. anyway, i left my bin bags in the garden until i got my bins. i have a nice side entrance at the garden, fenced in and i leave my bins there now. when the bin man comes on thursdays, it just takes me 2 seconds to roll the bin out on the street. i dont fancy leaving my bins in the stores for the simple reason of not being in control :p control freak i am *haha*. serious, if all the bins are full and you've been away for two weeks. how do you want to control who is using your bin as well? the stores have shown that some people dont care about leaving the place messy and i surely wouldnt want to pay for somebody else using my bins.

Hi guys, couldn't get through to Tom (surprise!) so not sure where this gutter guy came from. The boyfriend was late for work so only saw a chap up a ladder and a van on the road but didn't manage to get any details off the van.. (pity!) I'm glad to hear he was around at other houses though but still don't like the fact that he was there without getting any notification.. Did you see the carpet on the footpath just down the ways from the entrance into Newbury Wood. Big time litter bugs around!!!

has anyone got a contact who they have been speaking to in the council ?? regarding the rubbish

I spoke to Richard @ DCC 0879047567 a while back - he agreed to come out and do a second collection of the rubbish in the bin stores at that time, but said it was the last time DCC would do it and that we'd have to pay for it privately after that......

Anyone know when the next green bin collection is, I saw some bins out today but don't think they were collected.

newbury heights and surrounding area were collected yesterday presumably we are meant to be on the same collection day as them as they have to drive by us to get to them but i'd say we're still not on the map at this stage couldn't be bothered ringing them again probably end up in me front garden like the dcc bin collection has been twice already !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

was talking to greyhound today

green bins meant to be collected yesterday they put us down for a missed collection said they will be lifted in the next 48 hrs

Rang them myself and got the same reply....I almost laughed because I'd heard it so many other times....went to the local recycling centre recently so green bin not too full....will put it out for next collection...whenever/ if ever that happens!:p

Has anyone got the number for the kitchen people? My taps have come off............thanks

your tabs came off??? :eek: OMG and how annoying! i have still tom's email addy is that of any use to you? who are the kitchen people?

got an email from the revenue people who collect the bin charges btw. appearantly the people who collected our bins forgot to enter our accounts i.e. we weren't in the system until now and now were they fixed that i got my bill via email. 80€ and something for standing charges alone Oct-March. sent an email back to ask for clarifications but i was under the impression standing charge was 91€ p.a.? :confused: did you guys get any (bill) numbers for the bins?

p.s. mary i wonder if you're one of my neighbors. havent met any yet as im during the day in work and in the evening busy with child, household etc. are you in one of the 10er numbers?

Luckily, I didn't have the water on! Was just about to turn the tap on and the whole thing came off in my hand...had been lose for a few days and plumber had already tightened it twice before but he said I need to talk to the kitchen people now...!

For anyone interested in getting a shower put in I had a very reliable guy here today. He's done more extensions than I could name. He suggests raising the water tank in the attic which he says will double the pathetic water pressure we have upstairs. Also he's going to install a Triton T90 in the bathroom upstairs.
I had thought of getting a shower put into the downstairs loo as it's huge but due to the newish regulations re having a wheelchair accessible loo downstairs he says that if one were installed and we went to sell house later on it would have to be taken out.

i think only the toilets downstairs in the 3 bed-room houses are huge, mine isn't in the 2 bed-room one, well i doubt a wheelchair person could use it....why does yours need to be wheelchair accessible again? those people with their regulations always contradict themselves!

Turns out that the kitchen people didn't supply the kitchen taps! Neither did the plumber!! The plot thickens!!;) Will have to get onto tom again....
Yeah, the downstairs loo in my house wouldn't be big enough for a shower either..(2 bed)...my shower is fine - pressure is grand etc but thanks for the info determined...

Hi Determined,

Do you have that guys name and number, our water pressure in the shower is crap too. I had queried improving the pressure with the plumber that Moston used and he quoted me approx €800 for a pressure pump which is little bit expensive for me at the moment...
thanks

Back