Newbury Wood, Clonshaugh, D.17

Same to you alaska! Dunno if you read my thread from earlier, but DCC emptied them twice (as a matter of courtesy) but said we'd have to get them emptied privately from now! I hate having my bins at the hall door - not sure if the bin stores were such a good idea to be honest though - I can only imagine what they'd be like in the summer, with a load of the brown bins in them!! Anyhow, not sure what to do...but if you've any suggestions let me know..!

Just another suggestion - should we move this over to ?? As we're all (almost) in now, would it be an idea to get something going over there?? Haven't used it before but it looks like a good site?

ya i dont know what to do about them either. as i said before, they really annoy me. i wonder myself why they put them bin stores there in the 1st place. we all have enough space in our garden to leave two/ three bins - am i right?

i had mr o'toole ringing my door bell the other day to introduce himself to the new estate. i might mention this problem to him the next time.

Yeah, he knocked into my door too! Mentioned the bins - although I see the green bin still hasn't been collected!!! I think they should knock them down and make more parking spaces myself...

hiya,
just wondering if any of you got an invoice for your bins yet? i haven't got an invoice yet and was told they come quarterly. i'd like to claim the bin tax credits but can't do until bins are paid (obviously). last bin invoice should have been for the period of oct-dec.08, it falls right into my usage period. anyone any information? if you got invoiced, may i ask for the invoice date? and is there a number on the invoice to call? :)

Hiya, didn't get an invoice yet sorry - will put up some info when I do though...i see greyhound still didn't collect...

3rd of Feb for Greyhound............sooner the better, I've been going to the recycling center weekly but so many haven't and just pile it all up outside, then it blows down the road and lands in my garden. The road is filled with rubbish and no-one seems to care !!!
Those bin stores need to get knocked down, they'll only serve as a nest for vermin if they stay and will stink come summertime.

i thought i was the only one annoyed about the bins i have been onto greyhound at least 20 times yesterday was the last time i was on and i have to say i ate the girl out of it she said they had to pull out of their collections early because of the weather i said what a load of bull because they seemed to collect newbury heights and riverside surrounding us easy enough so in turn i also said why don't you just admit what i already know we are not listed on your map !!!!!!! she has to ring me back today id say at this stage they will probably refuse to collect mine head wreckers , i was dropping my daughter to my sisters house in clonshaugh today and greyhound were on her road so i asked the driver would he be collecting our bins today and he confirmed that we are not on their map he took my name and told me he was going to say it to his supervisor and hopefully get it sorted so mr .o toole is just being fobbed off aswell your better off ringing them your self to get to the bottom of it im going to ring now again i'll let ye's all know how i get on :)

rang greyhound back
the supervisor there said they are sending someone out to rectify the problem and update their map she also put us down for a missed collection and said the bins will be collected by friday

Hiya guys I rang today and girl told me they were being collected today !? Who bloody knows anymore. The rubbish flying out of the bins is really getting on my wick and some bins (green ones) have plastic bags full of food in which the birds are ripping to bits and going all over the road....................
I'm not going to rant but between the missed collections, the disastrous bin stores, the ntl distribution cables which are hanging off the walls methinks we need to act. Residents committee maybe ?

My sentiments exactly determined!

I'm so sick of my green bin being left on my path but I'm afraid I'll miss a collection when I'm at work. Rang greyhound myself today and they also told me they'd be around today - I've asked numerous times if they have us on their map, and the girl said 'Are you beside newbury avenue, yes we have you'!!! Bin stores very annoying too...The post seems to have been sorted though? My post used to come every few weeks, but seems to be ok now..I'd be for a committee for defo.

Hi Guys

I was onto Eircom yesterday just checking that they are fixing fault on the 19 Feb as promised.to be honest the guy in sales stephen was very vague and when i pushed it he hung up .just wondering has anybody else spoken to Eircom lately as this is just ridulious.

Thanks
Franklin

spoke to eircom tuesday. they said to me 27th of feb. they couldnt get someone to do the work. problems with contracts or something. bunch of wasters

3rd of Feb for Greyhound............sooner the better, I've been going to the recycling center weekly but so many haven't and just pile it all up outside, then it blows down the road and lands in my garden. The road is filled with rubbish and no-one seems to care !!!
Those bin stores need to get knocked down, they'll only serve as a nest for vermin if they stay and will stink come summertime.

Feel exactly the same. Soooo annoying!!! :mad: I have milk cartons, beer cans, lose paper...all in my front garden. Every time I clean it up, it's messed up again the same week. It does me head in. Same with the bin stores. Love to know who thought putting them there was a good idea.

Are ANY of the bin stores being used??? Surely we can speak to someone about getting rid of them to create more parking???

The bin stores are used by the odd few residents. They are throwing household refuse in amongst other stuff. It's one good reason to be thankful for the snow as any stench or germs are being frozen, but imagine when it defrosts !!!! Vermin follows......
They will also attract dumpers from beyond Newbury Woods..............They have to be demolished.
That's my case for the cause.

heya,

got a leaflet of Julia Carmichael yesterday in the box. im sure you guys did, too. appearantly she looks after "litter control in the area" too. now in her leaflet shops are mentioned but maybe it helps if we bother her with our litter problem? she has an email at the bottom of the leaflet so my fingers are itching at the moment. :D any opinions on it?

Hiya, didn't check the leaflets yesterday but when i get home i'll take a look. We don't need the dumpers but still interested in keeping the estate looking well, that litter is unsightly.

Our biggest problem is that someone keeps nicking the plants from our walkway! why? By the way did anyone have a visit from a guy checking the facia/drains? My boyfriend leaving the house for work yesterday found some guy up a ladder looking at the drain pipes, who was he and where did he come from? I didn't know we had a problem with our drains.. Don't like the fact that someone was around the house without us being informed. I'm going to ring Tom but wanted to ask if he'd been to anyone else's house?

There was nobody around my house as far as I know - don't like the sound of that at all! I know I keep the curtains closed and the blinds down when I'm in work everyday but that would almost alert people to the fact I'm not there, as most of us aren't during the day....that sounds cagey...let us know what tom says will you???

Yes, the litter has gotten completely out of hand - didn't know about the plants - but sure look at the graffiti on the signs etc...awful. We should seriously consider a residents committee or something similar...

And I didn't see that leaflet either - unless of course I dumped it with all the pizza and chinese leaflets...what did it say????

Back