Newbury Wood, Clonshaugh, D.17

Hi Graham

Did you already pay 3% deposit? when I signed the contracts they were looking for another 17K deposit I nearly had a heart attack in the solicitors. But he got on to DCC, they said the builders put that in the contract as if it was an ordinary sale and not affordable housing and got DCC to confirm that we didn't have to pay it. It would not be affordable if we had to pay all that!

Get your solc to double check it with them, we didn't send back our contracts until the solc got it in writing from DCC that we wouldn't be liable to pay it.

My dad got the alarm guy but I am going up there at lunch time to meet him and will find out what company and how much for you guys... Took him the best part of two days to install it...

Graham I know I paid the 10K but maybe im wrong but im nearly sure Anng didnt have to pay it in the end would that be right anng?? Something about it being so close to closing?

hi graham

i only paid the 3% aswell

had the bit in it about the other 17k but we didn't have to pay it dont worry about it !

Hi Graham,
Exactly the same happened to me! They wanted an extra 17k from me about 2 months ago - my solc laughed! Anyway, not sure what she actually did, but she rang me the next day having spoken to martin, and I never paid an extra penny. Paid the 3% months ago (7050) but nothing since...hope that relaxes you a bit!!!

Don't worry bout this Graham it happened to me and a couple more on here. You dont have to pay it. Its just the developer chancing their arm.

My day is tomorrow, I'm an absolute mess. I sign and collect keys at 12 and have a very nerve wrecking presentation to do at 3:15.
I just want it all over :(
Never I'd also like to hear about your alarm, like the idea of wireless but scared of the cost. I spoke to the onsite electrician last week and he confirmed how complicated it would be to put in a standard alarm.
He also said putting in an electric shower would be a headache !!!???

Oh I can't eat for the nerves......best diet ever ;)

determined - i was all weekend a wreck, so i know exactly how you feel BUT i can proudly say i got the keys and through the day :D i am so so happy now.
you'll get your presentation sorted as well, you'll see the keys in your pocket will give you an extra buzz/ energy hype/ motivation kick :)

still waiting for never's alarm details :) otherwise i'll be going with the € 650 guy and call him tomorrow.

guys, how do you fit your kitchens by the way? i am looking for a kitchen fitter (said it this morning already) but currys and harvey's only deliver, they dont install which means, they just leave it at your door step and that's it. how do you guys do it? i am going to buy the appliances on wednesday, so i have them hopefully next week.

Sorry for not getting back about the alarm yesterday was in meetings all afternoon. My dad said the guy didnt invoice him yet but he thinks it will cost about €1500. See the guy works for my dad in wexford and is from there so he only really came up to do my alarm so I dont even think there would be much point in me getting his number for you all..........

Alaskon did you ask the guy that you got the quote from could he do a wireless one??

was wondering about the bins myself but getting a call from DCC later anyway to confirm 1st mortgage payment, so i'll ask then.

the alarm guy - i didn't get the quote, somebody (i think it was j not sure though) posted a quote and number last week, so i'll be going with him then. ill ask him about wireless connections and keep ye posted.

was up there this morning to collect the 2nd pair of keys for the house, so so so exciting! wishing all of ye's who haven't got the keys yet, all the best and i hope you get it sorted very soon, too :)

really? i got two sets. he gave me a third one 1st but they didn't work. hmmm...i need to check that with him again but i think he said something about looking for the right ones when the 3rd ones didn't work....ill get back to him ;) thanks never. what house number you're in again? if you had posted it before...

hi ye's

was just chatting to the fella who's doing my alarm

i was asking him about the wireless alarm and he said that the one he's doing for that price €650 is a wireless alarm it covers all the doors and windows and comes with a remote control so you can activate it and so on from upstairs and that

he also said its the same as the package eircom phonewatch offer for around €1200

anyhow the number is 0879296766 his name is anthony for anyone who's interested:)

Well am I glad that day is over !!!
I was at DCC at bang on 12 and was still there waiting at 2:30, told them I had to leave as had presentation at 3:15.
The problem was and be warned here the insurance. They need the insurance to state the date it starts AND the date it finishes ie for a year. Mine stated cover from the 30th Sept but did not say when it ended doh !
Granted I had the added problem that I hadn't noticed mine also had the risk address as my current address and not Newbury Wood.
Spoke to Quinn Direct at 12:30 and they were to fax out a copy to DCC. I had to sit waiting while they checked their fax machine every 5 mins.
Left to get back to work do the presentation which was a grueling 45 mins and then had to rush back to DCC.
The fax STILL hadn't come through at that time. Eileen by the way is a very unforgiving woman in there and if it had been left to her I'd be sitting here now in tears. They however took pity on me and after having Quinn confirm all details by phone brought me up to the legal dept to sign and get keys.

It's been one of the most stressful days of my life and believe me when I say I've been through **** before this. I think I consumed an entire bottle of bachs rescue remedy but can highly recommend the stuff tks Mary.

So I've done it and have my keys, of course now I'm officially broke so the 650 euro alarm sounds bloody fantastic will ring him tomorrow J59.

The legal dept guy was very nice not to mention cute ;) and said he'd met a lot of my neighbours today and all were lovely :) he also said and it was the general feeling around the place that we were very lucky as the houses sound fantastic. But sure we know that already. 14 of us completed today and I'm mighty glad to be one of them.

Good luck to the rest of you and be warned get your insurance papers exact.

The legal dept guy was very nice not to mention cute ;)

had a giggle here when i read your comment determined cause i said the exact same thing to my girls here in work yesterday :p

happy for you that it's all over and gosh the insurance that was my biggest worry but thankfully my papers were grand. i had rachel instead of eileen cause eileen was busy at the time. rachel was straight to the point as well but still lovely and understanding. nothing is worse in such a situation where you're stressed out already anyway than a woman who is unforgiving.

i had anthony, the alarm guy in my house yesterday btw. lovely fella - inspected the place first and comes back today to install the whole lot. like j said already it's wireless with remote control etc. the newest stuff on the market anthony said.

Delays, delays, & more delays! Won't bore ye with the details...my solc & martin are arguing over something! Am v happy for all of you who are now in..should be in v soon myself...I hope!

Back