Heron's Wood: Carraigaline, Co Cork. When will these houses be allocated?

Hey Pinkstars. I wouldnt pay them a penny until you have the keys in your hand... hopefully this week!

Hi all,
We were contacted by our solicitor end of last week. The council were ready to close, we collected our keys today, so Id imagine it is only a matter of days for everyone- best of luck with the new houses.

Thanks for all the well wishes, we are all in the same boat, hope ye all get ye're key's soon, we got our house in Cherry Grove.

Well, has anyone else been given any more updates of when the rest of the keys will be given out???? I can't wait anymore!

hi pinkstars! i rang my solicitor yesterday evening and she said that she was given a closing date of 30th of may! that to me is very late so i asked her to push it a little sooner if poss! i know i was a little later than ye at all stages! she did however say to me when i went in to sign everything that the council want if completely finished by 1st of june! so May 30th is the last date i reckon!! u cherry grove too?

Hi Blossy, well that is soon enough! You would go crazy waiting like....I might contact my solicitor to see if she can give me an approximate closing date I think.....I'm Ravensdale! Thanks for the info:)

I've been told that I will have the keys by Friday by my solicitor as they said they County Councils solicitor finally have gotten their act together... if not my solicitor is getting the slaps as I've taken next week off work to get cracking on the house. I'm a man on the edge I tells ya!

I was planning on taking next week off too :( My cheque has been drawn down (stated on letter dated last Wednesday) solicitors paid, and they won't email me back EVER to tell me what's happening! BTW when there is keys, do we just get a call from the council to collect them at some stage during that day?? Would you think they would give us info on things around the house eg. tv points, whats the story with the electricity, things like that?

Last edited:
Hi Pinkstars
If your cheque has been drawn down it has to be soon, our cheque was drawn down last wed too. We collected our keys from the council, we just rang before we called out. As for Gas and Electricity you just have to phone them and submit meter readings and meter numbers, I rang Bord Gas last week and they posted out meter key the next day- was able to do everything over the phone.

Cool, thanks for that Gordon. Did the council ring you and tell you the keys were ready to be collected?

pinkstars..if u were renting before u can carry over gas ebs accounts, as previously said its just a quick phone call! usually very helpful! a deposit is needed tho if u havent had an account before! i have a weeks holiday on hold as im not, just incase some silly delay with the council! very annoying u have to go to them to collect the keys! :( i was in the houses plenty of times as i only work around the corner and they are always open! very annoying really but nobody there to talk to as we are told the council have the keys and the builders dont! Cant see the council going out every nite and closing the doors! Anyway there are ariel/ tv ports in the sittin room near the window! i had none upstairs!!

Thanks Blossy, must defo carry over my ESB a/c's so, thats handy! Was told now that I should hopefully have keys by Friday too ...fingers crossed now!

Hey folks. Just got the magic call from my solicitor to go and collect my keys from The County Council... Pleasure overload!!!!! Best of luck to the rest of you, hopfully you'll get the call within the next few days. Now the physical work begins!

wohoo!!! congrats!!! am delighted!! Just us so Pinkstars!!! i will literally dance a jig at my desk the day i get the call! ha!! :) Ill be in touch with your friend anyways Bob so mite talk again! Thanks for all your help! enjoy the work!!!

Back