Heron's Wood: Carraigaline, Co Cork. When will these houses be allocated?

Hey Guys yer not the only ones waiting, listening to our solicitor we wont be getting the keys till after the long weekend!!!!!!:(
How can we make the process move along quicker???????
neo-one

i was told by my solicitor date was 30.05 but thats from her, so i reckon then ill collect the keys after long weekend too! :( its so frustrating to be waiting this long tho! so speed it up just ensure everything is in place ready to go ie: insurance life+ buildings etc. cheque ready and then its the councillors solicitors that should be ready to go! i dunno how they arranging it tho! beacuse its not done alphabetically as mine are AB, and everyone seems to have everything ready to go! its just sit and wait!! :)

Hey Blossy!
I got a letter at the start from our solicitor saying all sales will be completed 30/05/08 but now our solicitor said it could be another few weeks after that???? he said hes going to have the mortgage cheque and everything ready but its the councils solicitor that seems to be holding it up, he sent them a letter 2 weeks ago and he still hasn't heard anything????
i'm so delighted checking this page everyday and seeing people getting their keys, I cant wait for our day to come!!!-hopefully really soon
neo-one

Thanks. It would be my guess that a lot of you will get your keys before the long weekend. I got the impression when I was up there today that they were dying to tick people off the list. In all fairness to my solicitor as well, he was well on the ball and wasnt sitting around scratching his pie. So perhaps that has something to do with it.

hey neo-one! fingers crossed its not a 'few weeks' after that! they are def eager to get rid of us soon enough tho! ya this page is the best for checking out the progress! to be honest if i was just sitting at home and waiting for a call id be gone cuckoo ages ago! this def helps!
Bobdangler...did they have baloons and congrat banners on display for u when u got there hahah!! ......i want a bottle of champagne chilled and waiting! we would all need one anyway!!! i wish i could tell everyone on the lists tho about this site!! we could set one up, with the amount of hits this gets, we would be millionaires in a year!! haha!! i know when i move in ill be looking at the nieghbours wondering was i talking on them on this! :)

It would be my guess that a lot of you will get your keys before the long weekend. I got the impression when I was up there today that they were dying to tick people off the list. In all fairness to my solicitor as well, he was well on the ball and wasnt sitting around scratching his pie. So perhaps that has something to do with it.

I would take positives from your opinion on the council dying to tick people off the list, the sad part for me is that our solicitor is going the opposite to what yours did - our solicitor now is just sitting on it and everytime we talk to them basically they blame the council if I hear sorry no updates one more time rrrrrrrrrrrrrr - If they chased then i would say fair enough but it seems like our crowd dont do anything until they have something to work with - You need someone who is willing to chase and put pressure on people (in this case the council) like your solicitor.

Glad you got your keys gives us all something to feel positive about, well done !

Hey Blossy I hear ya on that one I think the council should at least have something to give us-even a glass of champers, after all the years(4 for me) waiting, and pestering them!!!!!!
When we get the keys we'll be dropping hints to our new neighbours about this site to see if we have spoken to them!!!
I think i'll give my solicitor a buzz tomorrow to see if theres anynews, I really don't like all this waiting around, espically when the houses are finished waiting for us to move in. I know the councils solicitor is busy but their is not really that many houses in herons wood so things should be moving along, at least we know the houses are really ours and we will be in and all by july!!!!!!!!!

ha! neo-one ya def dropping hints! i know u end of terrace Cherry Grove! ill be staring at every end of terraced wondering if its u hahahah!!!:) :) :)
im mid terraced...the plot thickens haha!! im def delighted people have thier keys and def keep it positive!! :)

Very funny with our inquisitive minds wondering who people are when we're in;) my solicitor rang, didn't really understand what she was saying but I think she meant that we might get keys tomor or Monday...she'll ring me again tomor to let me know! I don't believe her somehow:confused:

Well she is just asking to be pesterred if she is making statements like that! hahah!! So wohooooo!!! tomorrow or monday! :)

best of luck pinkstars, I hope you do!!!!... I dont think the solicitor would let you get your hopes up by telling you 2moro, if they didn't mean it!!!

If you're looking to spot me, I'll be the guy in Ravensdale next week working my backside off on the house with a big hangover due to celebrating the end of this long journey.

Red. If you want results just keep on nagging your solicitor. If your solicitor hasnt heard anything from the Council ask your solicitor to phone them rather than waiting around. If that doesnt work be cheeky, and tell them you'll phone the council on their behalf and you'll relay the message. I did that and they didnt like it, but they got their act together fairly quick after. At the end of the day you're paying for your solicitors service and if they're just riding the crest of a wave, then they havent really earned your cash.

Hey Blossy just seen you reply about you been in a mid terrace.....did you get cherry grove aswell????? ARE WE NEIGHBOURS?? ha ha ha ha ha ha , when we get the house I'll miss checking out this page everyday!!

Hi all, for anyone who's in, is the TV point connected to Chorus? Or whats the story with it?

Last edited:
Hey pinkstars. I popped into the house yesterday and strangely enough there are two double TV points. I've never seen that in a house before which is why it struck me. I would presume at least one of them is Chorus/NTL.

Mmm I wonder so. Did you start getting organised on the house last night? Please God I'll get a call today for everyones sakes..

Hey Pinkstars. Just did some measuring up on the windows for blinds. They're so bloody expensive. The cheapest quote I've gotten is €1500. But it appears that after measuring they have the sizes in both B&Q and Homebase saving nearly €1000 and from what I've seen just as good quality. Anyway, that my rant done. Give your solicitor another ring!

Its all money really isn't it. So much work involved too like.... You wouldn't know where to start really like!

Back