Heron's Wood: Carraigaline, Co Cork. When will these houses be allocated?

I'm going for Semi solid oak wood except on stairs and landing. Brooks Haughton are very reasonable are giving me the best price ... and I've been everywhere! Tiling for the Kitchen and bathroom from Right Price tiles.

I'm going for Semi solid oak wood except on stairs and landing. Brooks Haughton are very reasonable are giving me the best price ... and I've been everywhere! Tiling for the Kitchen and bathroom from Right Price tiles.
yes i agree with you right price tiles seem great value -though i must ask them if their prices displayed are inclusive or exclusive of vat. ( my tiler gets a 20% discount in stock there so i think ill go there regardless)
also for good value i saw quite a good bargain in tubs and tiles - half price on end of line stock .....
i heard sless on south main street do great value carpet(my mom has bought there before) what is everyone else doing?

Hi All,

Im just wondering were all of you offered these houses from the council based on your expression of interest forms or is there another form you fill out after that?

Best of luck pinkstars, thats great news. hopefully the rest of us wont be waiting too much longer!

Hey pinkstars! are u delighted???? its so great ye getting the keys!! i serously cant wait any longer!! :)

hey all, how ye settling in! neo-one, are u still waiting, i just recieved a mail from brokers, saying it would be mid next week for me! im with first active and its on a queing system! :(

Hey Blossy,
Still waiting, I'm gona ring our solicitor again at the start of next week, the last we heard was they r waiting on the councils solicitor and they were getting ready to draw-down our cheque this week?????I really dont know what all this waiting is about????? will let you know on any up-dates
njoy ur wend
neo-one

Hi Saucystunner,
The builders have washed their hands of the houses, they say if anything is to be done-snags ect to contact the council, I think the houses have been purchased by the council and the builders have nothing more to do with the houses, the houses are house-bonded-but this only comes into effect with major probs - subsidence ect.
When we contact the council they say contact the builders - so were running in circles!!!
Hopefully the wait shouldn't be too much longer!!
have ye heard anymore from yer solicitors? - i'm gona get in contact with mine again tomorrow-keep on their toes!!

Hi Saucystunner,
The builders have washed their hands of the houses, they say if anything is to be done-snags ect to contact the council, I think the houses have been purchased by the council and the builders have nothing more to do with the houses, the houses are house-bonded-but this only comes into effect with major probs - subsidence ect.
When we contact the council they say contact the builders - so were running in circles!!!
Hopefully the wait shouldn't be too much longer!!
have ye heard anymore from yer solicitors? - i'm gona get in contact with mine again tomorrow-keep on their toes!!

Unfortunately our solicitor is gone on holidays for a week so Im a bit ****ed off now, just wana get in. What part is your house in?
It's just so annoying that people are moved but I suppose we couldnt be too far behind..

were in cherry grove- what about you?
does your solicitor have anyone covering for them?? thats a kick in the teeth!!
I know the wait is head-recking but the weeks are flying along and we'll be in there in no time-at least thats what i'm trying to tell myself!!
hopefully there will be a big move on the rest of the houses within the next few weeks....as the council wanted all the houses to be sorted out by the end of may???

I have seen a lot of movement in there even in the last few days I'd say you won't be much longer waiting at all at all!

were in cherry grove- what about you?
does your solicitor have anyone covering for them?? thats a kick in the teeth!!
I know the wait is head-recking but the weeks are flying along and we'll be in there in no time-at least thats what i'm trying to tell myself!!
hopefully there will be a big move on the rest of the houses within the next few weeks....as the council wanted all the houses to be sorted out by the end of may???

We are in Orchard Court, Im gona try and get onto his secretary after lunch to see if she has heard anymore.

hey! Bad news on mine, just recieved a call, for some reason my solicitor screwed up! thought it was a second hand property or something and forgot paperwork that goes along with a new house! im so mad! u pay them thousand + or so and they make a stupid mistake like that! it will prob be another 2 weeks if not more before i get anyway near it! does anyone know if i went ot the council and maybe said that my renting/ temp accomm situation is ending and i have a little boy, u reckon they would give me the keys? mortgage is ready just because of the paperwork?? its regisrty paperwork im guessing not actual financial paperwork???? any advice re this would b great???

That's pure incompetance on the solicitors behalf. Definitely wouldnt use them again. Hope you gave them an earfull! How can they possibly think that affordable housing would be second hand? Fools!!

technically im not purchasing the house from new, as the council actually purchased the house from the builders!! annoying i know, but tehcnically she was rightin doing what she did! i should know in the next day or so! is everyone settling in well???

Last edited:
Back