Heron's Wood: Carraigaline, Co Cork. When will these houses be allocated?

pinkstars

Does anybody know when these houses will be allocated?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Heron's Wood

Hey Pinkstars,

I understand there are places being offered in Ravensdale down Herons wood currently.

Rgds,
Red Devil

Heron's Wood Carraigaline, Co Cork

Yeah I got offered! Thanks for that, cheers

hi guys, firstly congrats to all who have been offered. I take it that you all have been in with cork county council for an interview at some stage.

secondly....

Do you know if these interviews are the final step before being offered?

Did you need to ring the office much to "help along the process"?

I am on the waiting list nearly 2 years and i have an 8yr old son.
I have been mortgage approved in principle for 210,000

I would be grateful for any replies, thanks.

Hi Cumann
I got called for interview last November for different area and did not get it, but found out about last week I got offered a house in Heron's Wood.
I did ring council weekly to find out if there were any updates. Although they didn't give much away they seemed to us by name when we rang. I was on list for about just over 2 years.
Hope this is of help.

Hi cumann,
i too have been waiting over 3 years - i went for interview in october and didnt get the other 2 locations i was looking for.... but have now been offered heronswood

how long does everyone think this process will take i.e from when we accept our new home until we get the keys?

]

Ah thats great, got offered in Ravensdale what about you???

i got offered a mid terrace in cherry grove, cant wait to move in! what about the rest of you guys who got offered, where abouts will your new home be.... we could all be neighbours!

Hi cumann,
i too have been waiting over 3 years - i went for interview in october and didnt get the other 2 locations i was looking for.... but have now been offered heronswood

how long does everyone think this process will take i.e from when we accept our new home until we get the keys?

Hopefully 2-3 months? What would ye all think?
I wonder when the letters will issue?
Do we view the houses first?

Hopefully 2-3 months? What would ye all think?
I wonder when the letters will issue?
Do we view the houses first?

i too think it'll be a few months. as far as i know we view the houses first, then if we want to accept them, they issue the letters. did the council give you a date to view your house? i'm going on thursday, could have went on wednesday but couldn't get off work. :(

i too think it'll be a few months. as far as i know we view the houses first, then if we want to accept them, they issue the letters. did the council give you a date to view your house? i'm going on thursday, could have went on wednesday but couldn't get off work. :(

Yeah I'm going on Wednesday....Just on my lunch can take a longer one if I have to.....So the letters should be the following week then I hope......
With that letter then we can go to the banks also is it?

Hi, just saw this thread and I'd just like to say a big congrats to all those who got offers, i live in heronswood and it really is a lovely estate:) Cherry Grove is very near the shop so very convenient!

Hi everyone am new to this site soooooo excited to meet you all. Am on the list for three years and have been made an offer of a house in Heron's Wood. Cherry Grove the whole estate looks so beautiful I can't wait. Am going down next wed to have look around. Does anyone know what the lay out is up stairs I've been peeking in windows for the last three days

Thanks for all replies,

Its a hard old process is this waiting game! I cant imagine how good it feels to have finally been offered. Congrats to everyone. My interview took place well before christmas and then i was asked would i prefer douglas (donnybrook) or carrigaline ( herrons wood). Everytime i ring for an update they say " we should have the keys in 6 or 7 weeks time". I know they're prob up the walls so i should be patient and remain hopefull that im still in with a shout. After all a positive mind is a great tool! Again congrats to all who have been offered. It is a lovely estate.

Back