Heron's Wood: Carraigaline, Co Cork. When will these houses be allocated?

thanks pinkstars - i wasnt trying to be nosy i just got worried when i heard about others having to give deposits - i too have gotten approval for a 100% loan so i dont have a deposit to give as i was going to use my morgage for full amount - thanks again

Hi Moving
Have you received any info from your solicitor asking you to come in to sign up too or is pinkstars the only one we know of so far? Btw, can anyone recommend a decent reasonably priced tiler?

Hi Moving,

The deposit does not have to be paid untill the very end, Pretty much just before you get your keys, When your solicitor is transferring the cheque form your bank/building society to the council solicitor, you will then be asked for your deposit.
I didnt know you could get 100% mortgage on aff housing, Has this always been the case? I thought one of the condidions was that you have to pay 3% yourself. I was housed 2 months ago and paid 3% myself, Would have been handy to get the 100% mortgage.

Hi Mel
I have been asked to pay the deposit and the council have made no mention of anything else. It appears that the process moves faster if you're getting 100% mortgage compared to those who have savings for a deposit.

Hi Bob,
Who are asking you for the deposit? It was my solicitor who asked me for it at the last minute I dont know about it moving faster for 100% mortage. I think its all depends on how fast your solicitor moves. Keep chasing your solicitor up! It was about 2 months from the time i was allocated a house that i had the keys.

Hi Mel
It was actually the council who sent out a letter asking for the deposit first. I figured because Pinkstars has been called in by solixitor next week to sign contracts and has 100% mortgage, that my deposit may be slowing things down. Either way, doesnt bother me too much, is still good to know I'll be in there some time soon.

Hi Moving
Have you received any info from your solicitor asking you to come in to sign up too or is pinkstars the only one we know of so far? Btw, can anyone recommend a decent reasonably priced tiler?
hi bob,
no i havent received any info from my solicitor yet but she said i wouldnt be hearing from her until she got word from the councils solicitor. i think you and pinkstars got your morgage approval back to the council two to three weeks before i did so i imagine everything i do will be two to three weeks behind you.
sorry no i have no word on a cheap tiler- i have a few friends that are tilers but i dont think friends and money mix well- if i get a good recommendation i will pass it on

Hi all, i was ringing my solicitor who had informed me that they have heard nothing from the council, in turn i rang the council and recieved a voicemail from them yesterday saying that ALL the paperwork etc had been passed to the councils solicitors at the start of last week, and that it would be my solicitor that would be in touch, therefore there is no reason to conatct thier office anymore!!! so therefore its just sit tight and wait!!! :)

Hi all,
Got a call from our solicitor start of week, we went in yesterday to sign contracts. The contracts say the council only give key's out the last week of each month. It will hardly be next week so we are hoping the last week of may. I,m sure most people will be the same.

Yeah we were the same, we were told it was the 3rd week, our solicitor was hoping to get it through for this week but she thought it might have been a bit late. Have ye all gotten engineers to check the houses? I'm unsure whether to get one in or not, we got a letter today from the solicitor about it.

How is everyone getting on? We were just down at the bank to hand in more docs, we were told the cheque should be issued early next week, so we're hoping to have the keys by next week if at all possible!

How is everyone getting on? We were just down at the bank to hand in more docs, we were told the cheque should be issued early next week, so we're hoping to have the keys by next week if at all possible!

Ye are flying in !!! Are ye going to get an engineer??

He folks, That's great news! The finish line is just in sight. Anyone want to give their opinion as to whether it's worth while getting an engineer at this stage or should I just try and get in touch with the builders for the bits and pieces I've noticed myself? Also, did anyone who wrote to the council, that had a problem with their fences, etc hear back from them?

I asked the bank today they said your advised to by your solicitor, but the man said personally he wouldn't as the council have snagged the houses, so I am gonna go with that and not bother.

hi pinkstars

did you hear anything about getting your keys this week?

i signed contracts last week, and my solicitor also said that the council only give out keys on the last week of the month. i dont know why they do this, as if everything is in order you'd think they'd be glad to get the keys out.

anyway, the solicitor said he'd try and push the council for the keys this week, but he thought it would be unlikely.

after waiting this long, i'll think i'll tough it out for another month, but i'm just dying to get the keys to start to get the house sorted out.

can't wait :)

Hi folks. Was in with my solicitor to sign everything on Friday. He seems to be of the belief that they will be handing out the keys from the end of the month and not specifically limited to only giving keys out at the end of each month. Hope that makes sense! He seems to be fairly confident that based on the cheque being issued reasonably quick, I should have the key in ten working days(Friday 9/05/08) at the latest. Fingers crossed!

Hi Bobdangler/Lockett
Thats great news. I have heard no more from solicitor, but I remember I had it wrong in saying the 3rd week for the keys. I think our cheque is being issued early this week, so fingers crossed it will be even by next week we get them - if I give myself the 10 working days! Don't think I can wait till the end of May :eek:!!

Hi Pink
I believe I read in a previous letter that once all the paper work has been logged and the cheque has been drawn, you can collect your key from the county council office.

Really, thats good, wasn't sure if it was there or solicitor.. Contacted my solicitor to see what the update was and they are waiting for councils solicitor to revert to them..

Back