Affordable Housing Process/Plans in Cork City

Shared ownership has been abolished in the City but is still available from the County

Thanks for that guys. i cant understand though why you have to take mortgage with the county council though. If you have been approved by a lending institution shouldn it be your choice to go with them you are the one buying the house, seems like a bit of a monopoly to me.

I applied to city for the shared ownership recently and they made an offer of 220k to purchase a house under this scheme but didnt see point as couldn buy much with that amount. After they made this offer i went to the banks that deal with affordable housing and to my surprise gave me pre approval for more.

Does anyone know where the houses in castletreasure are or have any idea when they are supposed to be allocated? are they the ones facing harlequins?

Hi BigBum,
I drove up to have a look for them last week and I went up to the top of Donnybrook Hill and turned right and headed up the road a small bit and the houses are on the left.
Well they are the only ones I could see anyway, the looked lovely but a bit of work to be done still.

ya those houses look as if there is a fair bit of work done to them, still pretty much looks like a building site so cant imagine offers being made any time soon, they looked a bit small i thought. no idea what price range they gonna be.

no idea of a price range, I'd say u wont find that out unless you get an offer. but it's May now and no one seems to have received any offers.

Was anyone on to the council lately?
Shouldnt be long before they allocate shanakiel phase 2

I think all the assessents are being done at the moment , well that's what I was told when I phoned up and tried to get some news. Do you know anybody that has heard anythin?

Any time I ring the County Council re Douglas and Carrigaline they tell me they are currently assessing applications.

Does anyone know the prices for Douglas / Carrigaline ?

i have heard that there is 3 lots of affordable housing being given out in different areas of douglas this year in both grange and moneygourney within the coming weeks. the houses in castle treasure are not expected to be handed over to the council by the builder until end of the year as they are not complete yet. but are suppoaedly gonna be allocated befor year is out. has anyone heard anything similar.

Hi Bigbum,
I was just told that they are assessing at the moment and we should hear within the comin few weeks, I wish they would just hurry up, waiting is a killer. The girl I was talkin to told me that there could be other houses that come up in Douglas during the year and they will use the same applications.

Does anyone know the prices of the houses in Douglas/Carrigaline or ballincollig??

i got a letter from county council today giving me a reference number in relation to my application and asking to use it in any futur correspondence. anyone else get one of these?

ya i got one of those letters and it was also saying that they would be allocating houses throughout the year

I called the city council yesterday and they are offering phase 2 of shanakiel this week.
Anyone get a call/letter about this?

I called the city council yesterday and they are offering phase 2 of shanakiel this week.
Anyone get a call/letter about this?

got a call saying i should give them solicitor details as offer should be in writing by tomorrow.fingers crossed:D

Back