Affordable Housing Process/Plans in Cork City

Affordable Housing Hollyhill Cork

Affordable Housing Hollyhill Cork:

I got offered one of these with my partner and were wondering whether to take the rent option. I have heard that water still has not been turned on. anybody know whether this is the case?

Hi aspidistra, and welcome to AAM.

For convenience Im grouping all the questions relating to Affordable Housing in Cork City in this one thread.

aj

Hi,
I've heard that there is a 2nd phase 0f about 50 in Casey's Land, and another 37 affordable houses on Skehard Road. Any truth to this, and if so, any idea when they will be offered??

Hi,
Has anybody heard anything about the county council houses in douglas,carrigaline and ballincollig?

I heard off the council that the offers for phase 2 of shanakiel will be made in 4-6 weeks time.

Hi saucystunner

about Douglas and county council houses , there was something in the echo during the week about the houses above Scart in Donnybrook (top of )castletreasure that the final building is completed and that they will be allocating
i thought they would have those allocated by now already but it seems not
They are lovely houses but i dont know how much they are or how many are allocated to social housing etc

Hiya Janedoe06,
Yeah I have seen them and they are lovely, the whole system just seems to take 4ever, have you applied yourself?

Has any one else applied and heard anything?

i applied last year but it was mountgourney and rochestown they mentioned to me , they never mentioned scart

pity , but my situation changed so i did'nt push the issue , about scart
read in echo i think weekend that the building in scart finished now so that from now on they'll be offering so who knows
a long sloow process this all is

I rang the council today about any of the houses in Douglas or Carrigaline. They said they got 600 applications for them and are still going through them. It wil be at least another 6 weeks before they even start pointing them and probably at least another 6 weeks after that before they will even begin to give them out. So a long wait yet I am afraid!

That's a long wait alrite cause I read on the paper that they were due to allocate them within the next few weeks, but they seem to be telling everyone else differently. Have you got any letter at all from them Buckrodgers?

When I was on to the Council lately, they only mentioned a development in Hollyhill...nothing at all about the Douglas/Carrigaline ones

hi guys new user here and was wondering if anyone could help me out with some info. i applied to the county council last year for the affordable housing, i filled in my expression of interest form and ballincollig and douglas were two areas i said i was interested in. I received back a ful application within a few weeks for both these areas so i filled them in and returned them and have heard nothing back since. is this the norm. also after reading a few posts on here about updating files have thought about doing this, i have been to the ebs and they have given me pre approval for 225k but if i clear my car loan can offer 250k. i,m thinkin if i give the council the pre approval for 225 it wil not help my chances for a place in these areas as houses in shanakiel were bein sold for over 230k. i am not in a position to clear my car loan at the moment which has a balance of about 6000 as it would wipe out my savings therfore leaving me with no savings record to give them. also wanted to know would it better a persons chances of gettin a 3 bed place if they put a 2nd person on application? is there no hope of bein offered a 3 bed place when its a single applicant? would appreciate any feedback guys. thanks.

When I was on to the Council lately, they only mentioned a development in Hollyhill...nothing at all about the Douglas/Carrigaline ones
I think you had to have your name in for them last year. Also the council will only tel you about the areas you put on your expression of interest form. I cant understand why the county council are doing houses in Holyhill, isnt that a corporation area?

Hi Bigbum, The council and the corporation have different methods. Shanakil is with the corporation. Ballincollig and Douglas are with the council. The main differences are:
The corporation:
You must get a loan from the EBS, Bank of Ireland or IIB.
The council:
They still do shared ownership and their own loans (as far as I am aware they dont go through the banks)

If you did pay off your car loan you would still have a savings record as you would have the statements for however long you have had your savings.
The only way you can get a three bed house is if you put a second person on the application. You would need to be carefull though that that persons wages didnt push you over the limits.
There wont be any news on Ballincollig or Douglas for at least 12 weeks I was told when I rang. You should also let them know if you have family living in the area as I heard they take that into account too.

nah heard nothing yet, tired ringing but aven't got through, but did hear they are meant to be doing interviews within the next few weeks.

Back