Affordable Housing Process/Plans in Cork City

Re: Affordable Housing Process in Cork City

You have the right to view your own file under the Freedom of Information act. You send the council a letter requesting to see your file, they will get back to you with an appointment. You then go into the council offices where they will give you a file in a private room to view it and if any of the information needs to be updated or is incorrect you can get them to change it.

Thanks for that info Marge. It is useful to know.

hi madisona,,could you elaborate on the togher/brideview comment,please

In a seperate development ( no pun intended) the Department of the Enviroment has given the City Council another €6,000,000 to build housing in Blackrock.
Is it on land already owned by the council?

It seems that Joe Gavin may be getting more scrutiny than he had anticipated in relation to his plans to do a semi private deal to buy housing on Togher Rd from Brideview Developments. I don't think that the contract has yet been signed.

In a seperate development ( no pun intended) the Department of the Enviroment has given the City Council another €6,000,000 to build housing in Blackrock.

Madisona, I guess that is why the CC wouldn't confirm it when I asked them about developments coming up this year....

On a different note - has there been any other mention of the 2 houses on Spring Lane(?) that we got letters about around last November??

I think so. Tenders will be put out and construction will begin in a few months. Half the development will be reserved for disabled persons housing.

Hi Madisona

Will there definitely be affordable housing included do you know , or could it be just social housing ?

Thanks

Re. the houses on Spring Lane, I found out that they are doing nothing with them until after Phase 2 of Shanakiel, so it'll be several months.

Hi, what's the current update on the affordable housing in Cork City? Has Phase 2 of Shanakiel been allocated now? Anything else come onstream recently?

Hi, what's the current update on the affordable housing in Cork City? Has Phase 2 of Shanakiel been allocated now? Anything else come onstream recently?

Hi Bubblebunny

As far as I know they are still assessing Phase II of Shanakiel.

They should be starting assessments for Ashmount in about 3 months time.

That's good to know Sarah, thanks. Although they always seem to run well over the timescale originally given.

I'm enquiring about Affordable Housing in Donnybrook/Douglas/Carrigaline areas. Has any body heard anything yet?

I did contact them to let them know I'm renting & they got back to me asking for these details, proof etc, how much I'm paying.

I was also asked to forward my P21.

This is all I have heard. That they have started to 'point' applications, I prosume using the 'points system'

Also asked would I have a better chance changing my application & adding in my partner, they agreed & are forwarding this in the post.

Anybody waiting to hear anything & know when they are being allocated? I heard it will be a few months, just want to know if I have any bit of a chance!

They have received about 600 applications & I read that they will be given out about June.

The process is soooooooo long!!!!

I'm enquiring about Affordable Housing in Donnybrook/Douglas/Carrigaline areas. Has any body heard anything yet?

I did contact them to let them know I'm renting & they got back to me asking for these details, proof etc, how much I'm paying.

I was also asked to forward my P21.

This is all I have heard. That they have started to 'point' applications, I prosume using the 'points system'

Anybody waiting to hear anything & know when they are being allocated? I heard it will be a few months, just want to know if I have any bit of a chance!

They have received about 600 applications & I read that they will be given out about June.

The process is soooooooo long!!!!

Hi

I applied for the same scheme and I haven't heard anything either, other than a letter saying they would be allocated over the next year.

I don't know what type of points system they use.

Also , does anyone have any info re house types and prices or how many properties they are allocating ?

I think everyone is in the dark really !!

Hi Sarah,

Lucky you getting a letter!

I have a copy of the points system, works really going by how far you are from the property, if you work within a radius, if your in need of housing, are renting etc

I don't think I have a chance but worth a try, looking forward to hearing at least something :)

Hi Sarah,

I have a copy of the points system, works really going by how far you are from the property, if you work within a radius, if your in need of housing, are renting etc

Hi Pinkstars

Yes positive thinking is the best way to approach Affordable Housing I think!!!

Do you know where I can get a copy of this points system ?

Thanks a mill

:)

Can anybody tell me if it would be worth applying to the City Council also? I have applied to the County Council under the Affordable Housing Scheme.

Thanks

Can anybody tell me if it would be worth applying to the City Council also? I have applied to the County Council under the Affordable Housing Scheme.

Thanks

It is much better to apply to the City Council. They may have faults but at least they have some kind of system going, and they do allocate housing. The County doesn't seem to be doing anything at all. I only got info about 1 house all year with the County...yes 1 house...unbelievable!

I think the problem with the county council is that they only tell you about houses in the couple of areas you would have put on your expression of interest form. Their could be other areas that you may not have thought of but they wont tell you.

Back