Affordable Housing Initiative Greater Dublin Area-Dublin, Kildare, Meath and Wicklow

I snagged my Apt (PGate) on Friday. have to say I wasnt very happy. The doors are completely different to the show apart. Back in June when we paid our deposit - that apartment had all white doors. you are right about the bedrooms they are tiny. im wondering if because they are affordable homes they cut costs and give us cheaper doors? anyway - i am grateful as I know how hard it is to get property
Was there any major issues on your snag? Did you get somebody you know to do it or did you pay a company? If you paid how much did it cost? Sorry for all the questions!

Was there any major issues on your snag? Did you get somebody you know to do it or did you pay a company? If you paid how much did it cost? Sorry for all the questions!
I actually got a friend to do it for me in the end so saved me forking out. I got about 4 quotes - cheapest 250 - most expensive 275. there's quite a bit of snag. bathroom tiles, paint work, kitchen floor needs to be redone. Outside is a mess - drainage etc window seals- I dont see them doing it within 2 weeks!

We are going to do our snag later today, has anyone else that has done their snag found anything major that we should look out for?

Hey Guys

I done my snag list in Priorsgate and the place was in a bad way ....

One major thing i found was a big hole in the floor 2 to 3 inchs deep( bedroom ) and 1 foot square ! The balcony had to all taken up because of a big leak and the rest of the things were minor shower doors to repaired and paint work to be redone . Window seals to be looked at and the grout in the tiles on the kitchen floor to be redone .

We will see how it pans out....

When do we get the letter from SDCC so we can get our money for our morgages ??

The FAT one

Most if the items on our snag were small but the biggest concern for us is that there is a crack in the wall just above our balcony door (external). There was also no heater in our main bedroom. Every single door was scratched or chipped and some of the paint work was terrible.

Oh I forgot to ask did anybody ask how long the snag might take? I forgot to ask last night, I might send an email (if nobody knows) to see if they have any idea when the apartments might be ready to move in to.

Oh I forgot to ask did anybody ask how long the snag might take? I forgot to ask last night, I might send an email (if nobody knows) to see if they have any idea when the apartments might be ready to move in to.

Stuart told me the snags would be done within 2 days of receiving the snag list. Obviously if there are major things to be done it will take longer. My 'snagger' told me it will take them a couple of weeks to do my major stuff (external)
last week I was told by SDCC that they are still waiting on the market value of the property.

Just got a call from SDCC, our valuation is in and they want to meet with us ASAP to go through everything.
Finally - Im heading in 2moro morning with my €50 fee :) i 4got to ask is the cheque to be made out to SDCC or Property Path?

Finally - Im heading in 2moro morning with my €50 fee :) i 4got to ask is the cheque to be made out to SDCC or Property Path?
They told me to make it payable to SDCC but you can also pay cash if you are there before their cash office closes.

Hi Guys

I got the call too today and got there today ! everything is sorted now . I have the letter needed to get my morgage ..... I am on the case as we speak to get it done as quick as possible !

I asked Stuart when we able to move in when the snag was been done and he said a month .. That was on Tuesday .

Happy Days Ahoy!!

The Fatman

Anyone see the apartments in Celbridge on launch this weeked?
[broken link removed]

sorry if this is off subject for this thread (just registered and dont think i can create my own thread yet??)

Has anyone any experience of taking the affordable housing route to getting a house? myself and girlfriend would rather try for house then appartment (from what i've read the scheme seems to be primarially concerned with appartments).

Any advice is much appreciated

Cheers

Hi BoggyG

I heard nothing at all from them .

But i have backed out of buying an apartment in priorsgate .And am heading west to galway....

Good luck all with your apartments.............The fat one

P . S I was told they will never sell in the future . Maybe I am wrong !!!!

Tot Ziens FatPiggy..

Hi Studio54
I posted in this thread & others about Priorsgate. I pulled out of the purchase recently. Main reason was that I believe the properties are overpriced due to S23 relief- which can't be sold on by an owner occupier. If you're in it for the long haul it will probably work out. I couldn't see my self living there for more than 5 yrs & I don't believe the apts will sell for 370k+ on the open market without S23. If you haven't signed contracts yet I'd suggest getting advice from an accountant / tax consultant or get a valuers opinion on what the apt would be worth without s23.

Back