Affordable Housing Initiative Greater Dublin Area-Dublin, Kildare, Meath and Wicklow

Hi, I am waiting on a valuation for Carrig Court. I put the deposit down 4 weeks ago and at that stage I was told it would take 4 wks for valuations. I spoke to them to-day and they said that it will at least sept before they are done. I really don't understand how it takes so long - they must be seriously understaffed. You could ring a property valuer and for €140/160 have someone value it in a couple of days. How long are you guys waiting because they said that tallaght needs to be done before Carrig Court.

Re: Affordable Housing Initiative Greater Dublin Area-Dublin, Kildare, Meath and Wick

How do? Just been reading through this thread today and found that some similar questions are being asked here. Myself and the little lady qualified for an affordable apartment in the Marrsfield Development in Clongriffin. The affordable price is €280,000 and we were informed that the market value is €385,000, which seems a bit steep for a 2 bed well outside the city centre. We are a long way away from moving in, the provisional time we were given in early 2009. One of our concerns was that the market value of the apartment was being overestimated and if the market were to take a nose dive, that we would find ourselves trapped in a flat that we couldn't shift.

I noticed in regards to the Priorsgate development, that a few people were saying they needed to get valuations done before closing the deal. I was wondering if this is a separate valuation to the market value quoted by the Council and if so, what is the purpose of it. Any info would be greatfully appreciated.

I got a call to-day to say that my valuation is ready! Very strange since I was told it could take until after sept, but i am delighted. I am going for a meeting on tuesday to find out what it is, hopefully it is realistic - I will let you know once I find out.

I past by Priorsgate last night and it looks like the bank is almost finished. I also heard the bank is due to open on the 23rd of this month.

Hi guys

the bank is due to open on the 27th of this month ,I have a letter from themsaying about the new opening !! As a i am a customer of them . Priors gate looks almost ready ,I would say October is the time ,But like everybody else ,I am waiting for news ....

But the bank opening is a very good sign !!

Keep the fingers crossed !!!

FatPiggy

Has anybody heard anything on Priors Gate yet? I know the bank is now opened but there still doesn't seem to be any sign of us signing contracts or snagging. Anyone have any news???

Has anybody heard anything on Priors Gate yet? I know the bank is now opened but there still doesn't seem to be any sign of us signing contracts or snagging. Anyone have any news???

Ive been onto Elliots re snagging and they say we wont get a snagging date until contracts have been signed.
Ive been onto SDCC and they say valuation Report will be a while yet?

its very frustrating - its nearly 3 months since we paid our deposit. A bank can get a valuation report straight away so I dont know what the hold up is with the Council!!!

I was on to SDCC today and they said they hope to have them done in the next 2 weeks but I think that's the 3rd time they have told me this.

Hi first time poster but could do with some advice. Kildare coco rang me two weeks ago to say I had been approved to buy a house in Blessington and I should have a letter in the next week. I had to ring them last week anyway and while on the phone said to the girl that I had not recieved my letter had it been sent yet. She then told me that it would be "a few weeks" as documents had to be sent to the developer and he had to decide on the price. So my question is if the developer sets a Market Value that is out of my price range do I then no longer qualify? And does anybody have experience of purchasing direct from the developer when the houses are completed (kitchens in and painted) and the timescale in their experience?

Hey all,

Got a call from the Affordable Initiative to view Carrington in Santry and The Coast Baldoyle this Saturday. I went up to see Carrington they are absolutely top notch. The price starts @ 259,000 for a 2 bed ground floor market value 360,000. An extra carspace is 7500 and really is a must if you wana have visitors.

Hey,

I bought a two bedroom apartment in Carrington with the affordable initiative yesterday. The apartment is 775 sqft and is on the first floor. I got it for 251k so i got a reduction of 125k which i think is fantastic.

Anybody have any new news on Priors Gate. I had originally hoped we would be in for the end of October but that doesn't seem likely anymore!

Hi Bobby G

Still have no news about priorsgate apparently the council are still waiting on the valuations.I find it hard to believe that we will be in in oct at this rate:(

Hi Bobby G

Still have no news about priorsgate apparently the council are still waiting on the valuations.I find it hard to believe that we will be in in oct at this rate:(
Hopefully we will be in before Christmas.

Hi, we are going to view Carrington on th 29th and I was wondering how they are. I see some mails above saying they are great. It's through the affordable housing inititive with Fingal. Is there a carpark space supplied with the 2beds? Are they all fully completed? Have the council got many of them not just for affordable housing?

I got a letter from Hooke and MacDonalds yesterday to say they are launching the new phase of Priors Gate this week. There will be show apartments open today, tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday and you will be able to access them via the underground carpark. I can't remember the exact times they are opened but if you give them a call they will be able to tell you. I am hoping that they are new show apartments and that they will be in the blocks we have bought.

We went up to see the show apartment for Priors Gate on Saturday and managed to sneak across to block 1 and we finally got to see our apartment. We were very happy with the living area but the bedrooms were a bit small (the spare room was tiny). There still looks to be a lot of work left to be done on Block 1.

hey Bobby G

Where you happy or disappointed with what you saw?
Overall we were very happy. Our living area is really big the only bad thing about the apartment was the size of the bedrooms, in particular the spare room. Our apartment is 801 sq ft and it doesn't have an ensuite bathroom so we thought the bedrooms were going to be a bit bigger. We also have a big storage area.

Back