Affordable Housing Initiative Greater Dublin Area-Dublin, Kildare, Meath and Wicklow

NALCED

FYI

"a wide range of two and three bedroom affordable homes (apartments, duplexes and houses) are available in new home developments in the greater Dublin area"

[broken link removed]

Re: Affordable Housing Initiative

Thanks for that information.

The Affordable Homes Partnership provides services on behalf of the Minister of the Environment, Heritage and Local Government and the Local Authorities in the Greater Dublin Area - Dublin, Kildare, Meath and Wicklow.

Re: Affordable Housing Initiative (SDCC)

More information on the new initiative.
Property Path (South Dublin County Council) have listed the location, house type and price of the available properties on their website, see link below.

[broken link removed]

This is only available for certain income catagories:

Ie thouse that earn between
€45,000 and €58,000 as a single applicant or have a combined income of €45,000 up to €75,000 as joint applicants.

If you are in this category APPLY NOW! Its first come first served!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As some one (qualified with a PhD in medical research), who earns less than 40K - I am once again missing out. But I am at least entilteld to wait the 2/3 years on the "Normal" affordable housing list (- hoping the government will not back out of the system in the meantime).

But what happens if you earn between 40-45K - There are no options at all????

Okay for the lucky few who earn the right amount the prices for South Dublin Co Co are:

Purchases on the open market for Affordable Housing South Dublin County Council

Location Units Beds Unit Type Price Range

City Park, City West 43 2 Apartments €230,000 - €275,000
Arena Court, Tallaght 25 2 Apartments €230,200 - €280,000
Priors Gate, Tallaght 24 2 Apartments €248,000 - €290,000
The Paddocks, Adamstown 21 2 & 3 Apts & Duplex’s €200,000 - €280,000​

People waiting for affordable homes like me. On list since august 2004. I kid you not. Moan, Complain let rip at your local tds, councillors etc. That's the only way they will take action. Why for instance can't they increase shared ownership schemes especially in Dublin where property has gone up ahead of inflation, pay rises etc. Paye workers are losing out on everything. Big winners are those already in flats, the majority or these flats are being demolished because the residents believe have a right to live in a house(albeit at discounted rent even working people in these new luxury home are paying a minimum rent) I bet they are not paying 1-2K a month!!!!!!!
. I kid your not!!!! Look at Fatima Mansions! Michaels estate, Dolphin House to follow suit.

I'm taxpayer earning good income but can'tafford to access a home. Other socially disadavangted groups seem to have a big lobby. Us workers too busy working have no lobby groups and we are continually losing out. At this rate, Think I'm going to apply for seniors citzens accommodation. Might eventually get a place I can call home in another 32 years. Anyone else furious contact bertie et al! If we have a large enough voice i.e complaints they may listen. Those TDs will be knocking on your doors over the next few weeks. Election looming in May/June. Get your grannies, aunties, cousins etc to ask tds at the doorstep what are they going to do so that Young Workers in Dublin can afford to remain in their local areas and built and contribute to a sustaining community.

I got all my forms together for the South Dublin areas and sent them in today. It realy is a race against time with this one as there is huge demand and it is first come first served (i can only pray i got my forms in on time). You need to enclose your new P60, a current back statement, four recent payslips, bitrhtcert and HPL1 form. I have applied with my girlfriend and this is the only way we meet the outrageous salary criteria.

I think its great that they are finally giving people over the standard income limit a chance to apply for affordable housing. I have been just above the the income limits set out in the criteria for so long and yet still do no earn enough to purchase a house on the private market.

So I welcome this new initative and hope it helps out a good lot of us who have been stuck in limbo between affordable housing and being able to purchase from the market.

Affordable Housing in my mind should not just be for people who are on a low income. it should be that it helps out everyone who can not afford to buy from the market.

Affordable Housing in my mind should not just be for people who are on a low income. it should be that it helps out everyone who can not afford to buy from the market.[/quote]

I totally agree It should be for everybody who can not afford a home any other way - unfortunatley this scheme excludes people on lower incomes than 45K - a lot of whom have their salary limits set by the very government that has shuned them in this scheme.

I got all my forms together for the South Dublin areas and sent them in today. It realy is a race against time with this one as there is huge demand and it is first come first served (i can only pray i got my forms in on time). You need to enclose your new P60, a current back statement, four recent payslips, bitrhtcert and HPL1 form. I have applied with my girlfriend and this is the only way we meet the outrageous salary criteria.

Many Congrats - I myself missed out on the 1 bed initative last month because I didn't know it was first come first served - I don't think I have gotten over the disappointment yet - and its great to know that somebody has gotten the oppurtunity!

Maybe the congratulations are a bit too early, I am starting to get really worried that we won’t be accepted. We did get everything in on time but because I changed job last year they wanted a copy of my P21 which would have taken up to 10 days to get. I went to the revenue and basically begged for one. After a lot of begging they said they could give me a screen print of my P21 and that’s what I gave to the council. I really hope they don’t refuse of because of this. Has anybody being in a similar situation? If so can you please shed some light?

As long as you have been in continuous employment for 12 months, you will be fine. Even if you switched jobs.

Also, a reference from your previous employer stating dates worked should also be accepted.

I have been in continuous employment for the last 12 months which is why I don’t understand why the need a copy of my new P60 AND a P21, I thought they were pretty much the same thing, they give the same information.

Maybe the congratulations are a bit too early, I am starting to get really worried that we won’t be accepted. We did get everything in on time but because I changed job last year they wanted a copy of my P21 which would have taken up to 10 days to get. I went to the revenue and basically begged for one. After a lot of begging they said they could give me a screen print of my P21 and that’s what I gave to the council. I really hope they don’t refuse of because of this. Has anybody being in a similar situation? If so can you please shed some light?

You should contact the council and tell them that you will send on your P21, which will confirm details of screen print from tax office, as soon as you get it. I reckon there will be quite a few people in your situation and it will take a while to get the P21 as the current tax year has just begun and there's probably a backlog of application to be gone through. The other option is to register with the revenue online service and apply for your P21 online at www.ros.ie I think they might even have an option to email you a copy. Good luck!!

Back