Affordable Housing - Eden Cork

hi passat, i asked the site manager about the metal fence and she said that is being left there. I havent seen my site plans yet but I was wondering does my garden stop at the fence or at the wall. I dont want to be responsible for the wall if it will be left in that condition! Regarding the laneway, if there is drinking going on down there we could petition the council to have it gated. I have seen that being done on other estates. I sent in my snag but I havent heard anymore. Have you had your final inspection yet? I also asked the site manager when she thought people would be in and she said she imagined some would have keys by the end of May. The way things are looking with mine I would say the end of May, start of June.

I feared as much about that fence, looks terrible...The laneway is open along one side onto parkland with housing estate beyond. This stretches for a couple hundred feet. I doubt the council would border fence and gate this laneway if the in situ locals have not petitioned already.

I hope that this does not become an issue going forward. I rang site manager re: final inspection, front door replacement. They are still looking into it. I had to bite my lip....what is there to look into? Just replace an obviously faulty door, should not be an issue.

My solicitor reassures me that they are playing hard ball till some money is received, then we will be in much better position to negotiate. I detest this crap...they should take pride in their work and strive for 100% quality...I know, a bit naive and idealistic...however can still hope...

Yeah, I agree, we should be in by end May/early June...weather fantastic for BBQ...

My solicitor reassures me that they are playing hard ball till some money is received, then we will be in much better position to negotiate. I detest this crap...they should take pride in their work and strive for 100% quality...I know, a bit naive and idealistic...however can still hope...

Have you paid your deposit yet Passat?

Have you paid your deposit yet Passat?

The solicitor is holding on to it while dealing with CCC solicitor. He has informed them that we have their deposit (3%) plus another 15% (part of savings) and the loan offer waiting to be drawn down.

He says once they can smell the money they usually start taking things seriously, I hope...

It might be worth finding out from the council who is responsible for the wall. It could be quite dangerous if left to deteriorate further. I am sure they wont want to be sued when a bit falls on someone walking along the laneway.

hi

i am new to this forum but have recieved and offer for a 3 bed appartment. I am having a problem getting a mortgage being a single parent. as there are only two banks that do the affordable mortgage. Has anyone any advice on this, or gone outside of these banks.

hi

i am new to this forum but have recieved and offer for a 3 bed appartment. I am having a problem getting a mortgage being a single parent. as there are only two banks that do the affordable mortgage. Has anyone any advice on this, or gone outside of these banks.

Congrats on the offer - was it for an apartment in Eden? If yes did you not have to get an affordability cert from the bank when you were applying? Have both banks refused you. As far as I am aware you can only go to these two - possible IIB as well but you would have to check that with the city council. Maybe if you could get a "gift" of some money from a family member to give a higher deposit the bank may reconsider but you wouldnt want to over stretch yourself financially either - you still have to live! Good luck with it.

Hi can anyone tell me is there more letters of offer been sent out for Eden...I am keeping my fingers crossed here:)

thanks for that! yes its for eden so the offers are still going out! i will get back to the city council and see what they say. I really want it as they look fab.

Has anybody had their final inspection where they were fully happy with the property and signed off on the snag?

Has anybody had their final inspection where they were fully happy with the property and signed off on the snag?
I went to look at the outside of my apartment on Sunday and there were people moving in to another one so at least one person must have signed off on their snag.

thanks for that! yes its for eden so the offers are still going out! i will get back to the city council and see what they say. I really want it as they look fab.

Are there really more offers for Eden??? Oh god I hope so! I was so disappointed last time when I didn't get an offer that a 2nd chance is like golddust!
Any more news on it?

I am going to answer my own question here unfortunately . I rang the City and they confirmed that there were NO new apts available in Eden :(

For anybody interested, she said that the Shanakiel houses will be allocated within 2 weeks.

I went to look at the outside of my apartment on Sunday and there were people moving in to another one so at least one person must have signed off on their snag.

I was down last Thursday to do final, final inspection of the apt. and sign off. However, they still have not replaced the front door as requested. Site manager was adamant that since it opens/closes without a problem, they will not change it. I dug my heels in and demanded they replace it, along with 2-3 other unresolved snags...

This will probably go on for a while, might be in at Christmas...

I noticed a few other apartments being decorated, one having flooring put in...another looking lived in etc...

Buck, did you manage to get your door replaced?

They havent replaced my door but they havent really started my snag as such yet though so we will see! I am not sure how I feel about it at the moment, I am still waiting for approval for my mortgage protection policy so I have been preoccupied with that. Once that is out of the way I will start putting a bit of pressure on as we want to get our keys as soon as possible. It would be nice to be in for the summer. I suppose it will depend on how soon we want to be in as to how much of the snag list we want completed.

Does anybody know what the story is with the refuse charges, they aren't included in the Management Fees so we have to ring around ourselves to sort a company out. Anyone have any ideas of any such companies?

Does anybody know what the story is with the refuse charges, they aren't included in the Management Fees so we have to ring around ourselves to sort a company out. Anyone have any ideas of any such companies?

I was under the impression that this was included as part of the Management Fees...I will ask solicitor to clarify this point, as well as asking site manager if she has any idea...seems strange though??

What about all other apartments, houses on site? Do they have to set up refuse collection?

We are currently renting in a similar Management Company run complex. The rent we pay includes refuse collection. The fee that the landlord annually pays to the Management Company contributes to this collection. It is the same for all other apartment owners within the complex...

When I went for my first viewing I asked the site manager about the refuse collection. She said we had to organise it for ourselves, they are not included in the management fees. She said that a few people on the estate were using one particular company, Greenstar I think, and they found them to be very good.

I wonder if all the blocks got together and called around we might get a deal from the companies. There is a communal area for all the bins at the side of each block. Am i right in saying that?

Back